[NO SPOILERS] Pre-Airing Discussion

Ran

Just a few hours to go! No spoilers here, but this is a thread where you can spaz out with excitement, discuss what you're hoping to get out of the experience, maybe if you're doing anything special (viewing party, special food, etc.)

What I wonder, personally, is how many of you are going to rewatch the two showings immediately afterward, back to back?

What I wonder, personally, is how many of you are going to rewatch the two showings immediately afterward, back to back?

I know I am.

But... stupid question. The timer on GRRM's site says 7PM. Can I catch it somewhere earlier than 9PM (EST)? I have the full HBO package as far as I'm aware.

I'm gonna DVR on HD. Then re-watch it so I can rewind and and pause to me geeky heart's content. First viewing I'm gonna watch with my dad who is now excited to watch it.

Watching at a party, recording it at home for viewing later. Might be overkill since I've already seen this episode, but need some time to digest the direwolf orgy scene special effects and costumes.

Even though I have already seen it once, I will be watching it twice tonight. I will miss 8 or so minutes of the beginning while I pick my son up from work. (I need to stay up to watch something else at 11 and that is the best way to do it :P )

The husband is just as excited as I am about the show.

I'm having a little premier party. It was supposed to be bigger, but one guy's got a hot date, one girl is working, another is out of town and one had a death in the family, so it will be 6 of us which is plenty, because my place is small.

Got Leffe beer for the guests (I treat them right!), and a really nice bottle of Unibrou 17 for myself which has been aging a couple of years. I figure this is a pretty special occasion for it to be drunk. Got to break out a few steins, if I can find them. I just wish I had some drinking horns!

Archived