[NO SPOILERS] Pre-Airing Discussion

Ran

I hope there would be a few *ahem* tech savvy people who can make it possible to let people who are not in USA watch it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I guess my post along similar lines wasn't quite stealthy enough. :ninja:

I have the DVR set to record the 10:05 EDT broadcast, and my sister (who introduced me to the novels lo, these many years ago) has instructed her Tivo to record the series, so we will both be watching tonight and probably discussing the premier episode on Thursday (our usual evening to chat on the phone).

I actually have my mom interested in watching this with me, which could be an interesting experience as she has not read the books, so this will be her first exposure to the stories. Next month, she will be visiting my sister (and the grandkids). I'll be interested to see if she borrows the books from my sister to get caught up with the rest of us.

So, as far as George reaching a new audience through HBO, yes, he certainly is. And it is not necessarily the aliterate World of Warcraft generation, either. In at least one case that I can personally verify, it is a 66 year old retiree for whom reading is a primary form of recreation. :)

Can't believe I have to wait another 2 hours and 33 minutes until it shows up on HBO West (which for some reason is the only one I get despite being very east coast), hope everyone's enjoying it. Lucky sods.

Archived