High Valyrian

lynxx

• 2 weeks later...

Yes and no. It has 4 genders, but they are not masculine or feminine, they do not align with sexual gender. The 4 genders are: solar, lunar, aquatic and terrestrial.

Check the vocabulary page: http://wiki.dothraki.org/High_Valyrian_Vocabulary

(We are working on a comprehensive grammar page too, at the moment we have pages about different parts of its grammar.)

So, while it has no masculine/feminine alignment on each word it does have some other kind of gender. For example, in the case of "Prince", the word is dārilaros, which means "who is to be king/queen", the word is of the solar gender but does not imply a male or female. But for example we have a word for "king" (male) dārys, which is solar, and a word for "queen" (female) which is dāria, and is lunar. Hope that cleared the question.

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope we get the word for younger brother next season... because that will either kill or further my crackpot.

We do have it, it was one of the first words we've got. From the books. It is valonqar, we also have "older brother": lēkia and "younger sister": hāedar.

Check the Valyrian wiki: http://wiki.dothraki.org/High_Valyrian_Vocabulary :)

Cheers!

• 11 months later...

The Dothraki.org website has expired.
Does anyone else know where we can find Valyrian words?
I am looking for the word for good.

Site outage July 13-14, 2015
« on: July 15, 2015, 01:37:16 pm »
There was an outage of the Tongues of Ice and Fire site caused by an expired domain name. Thanks to some fast work on the part of site sponsors. Learnnavi.org, (and specifically Marki, A.K.A. Toruk Makto) the expiration was quickly identified and fixed, and the site restored!

Site outage July 13-14, 2015
« on: July 15, 2015, 01:37:16 pm »
There was an outage of the Tongues of Ice and Fire site caused by an expired domain name. Thanks to some fast work on the part of site sponsors. Learnnavi.org, (and specifically Marki, A.K.A. Toruk Makto) the expiration was quickly identified and fixed, and the site restored!

yay!

• 4 weeks later...

I had no idea that the Valyrian Lexicon was so advanced. I had heard about the Dothraki, but that's crazy...

yeah. I used to create a Valyrian name that  had  a particular meaning. Syzānogar doesn't sound that great, but if you wanted to show off your erudition it would be good.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived