[BOOK SPOILERS] EP101 Discussion, Mark II

The turban and striped robes kind of make me think Dornishman. But I'm told that there may have just been a general "multitude of cultures on Essos" thing going on... but I doubt anyone's going to naysay if we say that was definitely a Dornishman.

Doesn't have to have been an envoy from Doran though, in any case, does it? Could be some random Dornish loyalist, or perhaps a post-Rebellion exile that we've never heard of, or a Dornish captain in one of the sellsword companies, or ... any number of things, really.

The turban and striped robes kind of make me think Dornishman. But I'm told that there may have just been a general "multitude of cultures on Essos" thing going on... but I doubt anyone's going to naysay if we say that was definitely a Dornishman.

Doesn't have to have been an envoy from Doran though, in any case, does it? Could be some random Dornish loyalist, or perhaps a post-Rebellion exile that we've never heard of, or a Dornish captain in one of the sellsword companies, or ... any number of things, really.

I did some digging, and it turns out I first heard about this on this site:

http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Gallery/Entry/2092/

So yeah, it was unconfirmed then, and at best unconfirmed now.

Isn't Tommen supposed to be a little fatty?

Yeah, I think this has been addressed here before (or maybe I saw it on a Youtube comment from one of the trailers). The kid who plays Tommen isn't chubby as described in the book. That one goes into the "meh" category for me.

Thanks.

More:

When Benjen and Ned are talking, Ned says "He was talking madness, said Walkers got his friends". What does Benjen reply to that?

The first two lines of the conversation between Tyrion and the Hound.

can I get a transcript somewhere?

Yeah, while I like the guy who plays Benjen, even back in the day when we only had clips and trailers, I still couldn't understand a damn word he was saying. It wasn't until the third time I watched the show that I understood the gist of what he was saying - I still can't make out the exact words.

Yeah, while I like the guy who plays Benjen, even back in the day when we only had clips and trailers, I still couldn't understand a damn word he was saying. It wasn't until the third time I watched the show that I understood the gist of what he was saying - I still can't make out the exact words.

Yeah, his accent is awesome, but it's a knife that cuts both ways. ^_^

Yeah, his accent is awesome, but it's a knife that cuts both ways. ^_^

Plus he seems to speak very quietly and softly. Maybe it's just a pitch that I can't pick up well, because occasionally I had a hard time with Jamie, too, but I think the softness combined with the accent is more than my poor sad ears can process.

I'm sure the clarity will be better in non-pilot episodes, as hopefully the actors will have settled into their characters better.

Pointing out that this was the pilot episode reminds me of something I was wondering about.

At least two scenes in the episode (Ned & Robert in the crypts, and the scene as Ned, Robert & Co. are preparing to go on the boar hunt) appear to have been carried over from the original pilot. You can tell because Ned's hair and beard are darker in these scenes, as they were in the first pilot. Actually, there are several differences in that penultimate scene - The Hound's face isn't scarred up as much, Theon's hair is lighter, Bran is noticeably younger). I wonder why these, or at least that second one, weren't reshot?

Archived