[BOOK SPOILERS] EP101 Discussion, Mark II

I just seriously want to know who gave the snakes to Dany.

Quentyn Martell? According to Arianne in AFfC (the soiled knight) Quentyn was actually across the Narrow Sea for the Gold Company or something. Arianne is like 23 and older than him and that guy looked about 20. I guess we all know that Prince Doran is secretly working to get the Targaryens on the throne as he wanted Arianne to marry Viserys and let Quentyn become Prince of Dorne.

If it wasn't Quentyn then it is most likely an agent for the Martells. Of course, at this time Quentyn may have still been in Westeros but who knows.

Probably because of all the re-shooting they had to do concerning Daenerys' actress being replaced. I've heard that the Dothraki wedding took a big toll on their budget and that having to redo it again really screwed with the episodes overall fluidity.

Now, whether or not the things you mentioned had anything to do with the recasting of Daenerys is merely guesswork on my part. But maybe.

Oh well -- so long as the Hound looks better than he did in the pilot I won't complain (and the preview shows a glimpse that already seems much better!)

Edit: Someone beat me to it I think. Slow posting at work on my part...

It sounded like the r was there, just not a very strong sound. The emphasis is definitely the first syllable.

The "r" wouldn't be very strong because these are for the most part British actors speaking with an English accent. Most of England has a "non-rhotic" accent where "r" often isn't pronounced at all except at the beginning of words and syllables. The natural tendency for a lot of people in England would be to pronounce Arya in a way that would sound like "AHH-yuh" to most Americans. But they would perceive themselves as pronouncing it the way GRRM says it should be pronounced.

The "r" wouldn't be very strong because these are for the most part British actors speaking with an English accent. Most of England has a "non-rhotic" accent where "r" often isn't pronounced at all except at the beginning of words and syllables. The natural tendency for a lot of people in England would be to pronounce Arya in a way that would sound like "AHH-yuh" to most Americans. But they would perceive themselves as pronouncing it the way GRRM says it should be pronounced.

Exactly what I was trying to say, just way better! :thumbsup:

Archived