NHL: Playoff Edition

BLU-RAY

There's a considerable difference in past behavior between Burrows and Ruutu that I think should be taken into account.

Really? Don't they both have sort of Esa Tikkanen -esque reputations as pests and cheap shot artists? Burrows is a more skillful player as well, but he has a bit of a rep.

There's a considerable difference in past behavior between Burrows and Ruutu that I think should be taken into account.

Fair enough. I will grant that there is a difference, but I'm not sure I'd call it considerable.

Still, if that was the reason, they should have said so, instead of throwing out this 'we couldn't really tell if it was intentional' bullshit.

Keep in mind that I really don't care much for either team, but from what I saw, it didn't look very menacing, tho one could make the argument that unless you're tearing off an ear instead of trying to bite through equipment, you're not going to find much by way of evidence wrt intent to injure. Still, biting somebody's glove is pretty weak and I agree they should have given him at least a one game suspension. Still, nobody was hurt and Burrows looks like a little pussy that likes to bite, so maybe that was punishment enough.

Possibly "considerable" was too strong, but "significant" might be more appropriate? Sure Burrows is no angel, but he's no Ruutu either.

Agreed.

Still, biting? Should be suspendable, even in the finals. This isn't professional wrestling.

...Burrows is a more skillful player as well, but he has a bit of a rep.

Aka Burrows plays with the twins. Not a scrub for sure, but as to skill level...well I'm not overly convinced he's much of anything. Saying that, if someone is trying to shove their fingers down my throat, they're gonna get bit. Defensive action and Stanley Cup Final = no suspension. More surprised Horton didn't get one. He's been pulling lots of BS all playoffs(esp late game against TB sucker punch) and this one involved fans. But I guess Campbell was still in charge then.

Archived