Sansa and Littlefinger in ADWD

Anduin Lothar

Anyone have any predicitions about these 2 characters in the next novel? Littlefinger blows my mind... this guy is a genius and I wonder if he comes out on top in the end. I think Littlefinger has more plans up his sleeves other than just getting Sansa's home back (Winterfell). After reading AFFC, I see Littlefinger teaching Sansa more on how to play the game of thrones and how to keep her long lost home from further douche bag houses (Lannisters, Greyjoys, etc..). While Littlefinger exploits the rest of the realm to bend to his will. I think his only mistake is not taking into consideration.... "The Wall". That will be his undoing.

I think that, somehow, word will get to Sansa that Petyr betrayed her father (without him knowing she knows). That will be the signal to Sansa to start plotting taking him out.

Until then... I feel like it's going to be a battle for Sansa to avoid getting creeped on too much (aka Baelish finally losing it and trying to seduce and/or rape her), and avoiding marrying anyone else as well. Plus she'll be learning some of what it means to be a plotter from LF, so she'll be reasonably good position to give him a taste of his own medicine. And those who say Sansa isn't anywhere close to what she needs to be to outmatch Littlefinger, theres' a couple of things to keep in mind. Sansa has ALWAYS been good at hiding her feelings: "using courtesy as armor" is another way of saying, "don't show anyone how you really feel." She's got step 1 down already.

I think it would be great if little Sweetrobin does survive and grow into a good man and lord of the Eyrie in his own right by the end. I would love something this unexpected to happen, though I doubt it will.

I think that, somehow, word will get to Sansa that Petyr betrayed her father (without him knowing she knows). That will be the signal to Sansa to start plotting taking him out.

Sansa's entire arc is a story of her moving from idealist to pragmatist. Even if she does find out she's not going to destroy LF out of revenge, she's going to destroy him because he becomes a liability.

Sansa has ALWAYS been good at hiding her feelings: "using courtesy as armor" is another way of saying, "don't show anyone how you really feel." She's got step 1 down already.

I don't know if she was ever actually fooling anyone, though - her lies were usually met with disbelief and/or the suggestion that she get better at lying. Plus half of Kings Landing seemed to know about her crush on Loras, and she was unable to hide her considerable grief upon her family's death. She seems to be improving under Littlefinger's tutelage, though.

I'm not disagreeing with her general arc - I think she will end up being quite the little schemer - but I don't think we'll ever see her at LF's level in the books. (This is not to say that she won't be able to bring him down one way or the other. Just that she won't be as good at it as he is.)

I'm betting we'll eventually see the Mockingbird fly, courtesy our favorite ingenue. I lovelovelove Sansa's story arc.

O, very good. It's too bad that Sansa won't have anY POVs in ADwD, but LF leaked a lot of information in that last two books. I can wait. Of all the people left in the series, LF is the one I want GRRM to write out. And maybe the more inglorious, the better...say tripping over his new velvet plum shoes and toppling out the Moon Door that Sansa left open for spring cleaning.

Or getting beheaded. Beheading is good. In front of a lot of people whom he caused to suffer.

Of all the people left in the series, LF is the one I want GRRM to write out. And maybe the more inglorious, the better...say tripping over his new velvet plum shoes and toppling out the Moon Door that Sansa left open for spring cleaning.

Or getting beheaded. Beheading is good. In front of a lot of people whom he caused to suffer.

I don't think LF's odds of surviving until the end are very good, so I fully expect him to be "written out" somewhere along the way. But when it happens, it better not be some freak accident without rhyme or reason. Love him or hate him, I think the dude is one of the most intriguing characters in the series.

Don't forget Ser Shadrick, he could screw up LF's plans for Sansa.

Sansa's story arc throughout the novels is getting screwed by successively more sophisticated players.

It was Joffrey and Cersei in Book 1 and Book 2, it was the Tyrells in Book 3, it was Littlefinger in Book 4.

Harry the Heir sounds a great deal like a young Robert and therefore far from a great match for Sansa.

Littlefinger is tricking and keeping her from those who might protect her. If she had approached Bronze Yohn Royce in secret he probably would have sheltered her. He's descended from the first men, he was a friend of her father's etc.etc. But no, she thinks her father will protect her.

The idea that Littlefinger is not making use of her is laughable. He had no hesitation in betraying the woman he professed to love, Catelyn. And he had no hesitation in pushing Lysa out the Moor Door. He has never taught her the consequences of her betrayal of her father's plans to Cersei has he? That's the first fucking thing I would have told her.

He's slowing poisoning Robert Arryn with sweetsleep.

Those who think Sansa's going to rule, get it out of your heads. She's still a pawn and will always remain a pawn.

She may do something useful before she dies, but nothing in comparison to the harm she has already done.

The random Sansa-bashing makes me LOL.

Back to topic (ish) I dream of Littlefinger catching cold and dying of the flu. It's a quicker and less painful than he deserves, but you just know the beautiful mundaneness of it would kill him while the flu did its work.

when? it looks to me that his whole plot was supposed to leave cat alone & single :D

erm do you really imagine Cat would have got it on with her husband's effective betrayer? The Tully words are family, duty, honour after all. Love is a distant fourth. Plus Cat had a secret hankering for Brandon Stark, not really littlefinger. In my recollection there is nothing about Ned's betrayal by Littlefinger in Cat's POV, but I imagine his role will be revealed eventually.

I think GRRM missed a trick by not showing Lord Baelish and Catelyn meeting again, maybe with Lord Renly's host in ACOK. That would be interesting...

Archived