[Book Spoilers] Episode 3 Preview

thorny throne

Here's the description:

Arriving at King’s Landing after his long journey, Ned (Sean Bean) is shocked to learn of the Crown’s profligacy from his new advisors. At Castle Black, Jon Snow (Kit Harington) impresses Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) at the expense of greener recruits. Suspicious that the Lannisters had a hand in Bran’s fall, Catelyn (Michelle Fairley) covertly follows her husband to King’s Landing, where she is intercepted by Petyr Baelish (Aidan Gillen), aka “Littlefinger,” a shrewd longtime ally and brothel owner. Cersei (Lena Headey) and Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) ponder the implications of Bran’s (Isaac Hempstead-Wright) recovery; Arya (Maisie Williams) studies swordsmanship. On the road to Vaes Dothrak, Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) finds herself at odds with Viserys (Harry Lloyd).

Can't wait to see Littlefinger.

Littlefinger seems to have been casted perfectly. His lines in the series trailers all gave me shivers ("Not trusting me was the wisest thing you've done since you arrived...") and he looks like a conniving little bastard. Hopefully the acting is as good as how he looks for the role.

Littlefinger seems to have been casted perfectly. His lines in the series trailers all gave me shivers ("Not trusting me was the wisest thing you've done since you arrived...") and he looks like a conniving little bastard. Hopefully the acting is as good as how he looks for the role.

I second that...the first episode was good, the second great - I anticipate each getting better and better. I am pleased, thus far, with the casting - some of them are perfect. Littlefinger is one I too am eager to watch unfold...

I'm eager to see the Dothraki (and Ser Jorah's) response to Viserys's attack on Dany. That's the scene that really got me interested in the Daenerys storyline and I think it'll do the same those new to the books.

Yes -- It will be great to see an on-screen portrayal of Viserys realizing he may have made a mistake in putting his sister in a position of power. I am sure he'll be at the back of the line soon when they start travelling again.

They have Joff saying "Seize Winterfell" but it appears to be part of a longer sentence to mislead us. Still, I'm wondering about the context.
I was wondering about that too. My guess is that it's what he says after they learn that Catlyn has apprehended Tyrion; and since he's an idiot hothead, that would make sense.

Aiden Gillen was exactly the kind of guy I had in mind for Littlefinger, very happy with that casting. Can't wait to see him in action.

Preview looks super exciting, can it be next Sunday already? =)

I was wondering about that too. My guess is that it's what he says after they learn that Catlyn has apprehended Tyrion; and since he's an idiot hothead, that would make sense.

I really doubt that Cat's going to abduct Tyrion this episode. Tyrion just got to the Wall and Cat's not yet even at King's Landing for one thing.

For another, episode 4 is titled "Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things". My guess is that we get Tyrion's return through Winterfell, helping out Bran, in that one. The capture of Tyrion likely happens in that episode, maybe it even ends with his capture.

I really doubt that Cat's going to abduct Tyrion this episode. Tyrion just got to the Wall and Cat's not yet even at King's Landing for one thing.

For another, episode 4 is titled "Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things". My guess is that we get Tyrion's return through Winterfell, helping out Bran, in that one. The capture of Tyrion likely happens in that episode, maybe it even ends with his capture.

Well according to the descriptions here, http://www.westeros.org/GoT/Episodes/Entry/Cripples_Bastards_and_Broken_Things/ I think you're right that it'll happen in episode 4.

"Catelyn rallies her husband’s allies to make a point, while Tyrion finds himself caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. "

It looks like the last part of the book is much more spread out. That's good. :)

I can't understard a word NCW is saying in the first scene - I think that's the Jaime line they used for the Iron Throne featurette and I'm still wondering what he says (well, something something, until you and I are the only people left in the world). He already speaks very softly, he shouldn't whisper.

Can't wait to see Littlefinger! And I really can't wait until he meets Sansa - that's gonna be creepy/awesome.

I have got to say, I am really excited to see how Aidan Gillen plays Littlefinger. He played Tommy Carcetti in The Wire, and I thought he was quite good in that. I know that the next episode (after the third one) is Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things that so I expect that that episode will feature Bran's return to consciousness. I am really excited for that too so I hope that we get to see at least some Bran in the next episode but this episode looks so good.

So far, I have been significantly impressed by the series so far and that's no mean feat since I was really expecting this series either to be excellent or absolutely tank.

Archived