[Book Spoilers] Episode 3 Preview

thorny throne

Syrio.

King's Landing. (Yes, we've kinda seen it.. but not really)

Varys.

Littlefinger.

Castle Black.

Renly.

Barristan the Bold.

Maester Aemon.

And just maybe.. Tyrion's crab fork duel with Ser Alliser Thorne.

C'mon Sunday!

You forgot Jeor Mormont! And most likely Yoren, and other recruits like Pyp and Grenn. Every episode has s much to accomplish! I get the feeling that things will be smoother after the next episode, though, because they'll be done setting the stage and most characters will have been introduced.

I had thought that we might meet Sam in the next episode, but that's a lot of characters as it is. Plus, an episode titled "Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things" seems like it would be a much better episode to focus on Sam, thematically. The tourney is in that episode (according to the description) which means we'll also be focusing on the Hound (which I'm pretty excited for). I also expect that we meet Osha in that episode, and it would also make sense for Tryion to stop by Winterfell early in that episode and tell them about his special saddle. We'll also likely get our first real look at Theon in the series in the fourth episode, because again, thematically, it fits. Theon is, in a way, a bastard himself. It's also possible that Gendry will pop up in this episode as well, fitting the bastard angle.

Anyone know if there will be any sex scenes in the next episode? I love this series, I just get heat from the wife everytime a sex/nudity scene appears. So trying to avoid episodes that have it.

For real?

Good luck then, I don't think you'll be able to watch any of the episodes.

For real?

Good luck then, I don't think you'll be able to watch any of the episodes.

Yeah... not being able to watch specific episodes of an HBO show based on nudity has always seemed a parent-child thing... but not my place to question someones relationship.

Anyone know if there will be any sex scenes in the next episode? I love this series, I just get heat from the wife everytime a sex/nudity scene appears. So trying to avoid episodes that have it.

Dany is likely to get some from the Khal again, plus they are headed north so you know someone somewhere will go digging for gold. In theory you should be fine as long as you don't say "Why can't you do stuff like that?"

I wonder if people watching the show are going to be pissed that he dies...will it hurt the show? I can't help but feel people might hate it :(

No dude. We love the character because the actor is doing an awesome job. Non-readers hate the character because the actor is doing an awesome job. They will be glad of his death. Though Drogo and Dany will have to step up after that to carry the Dothraki storyline.

Given Robb, Theon and Maester Luwin all at least partly suspect tyrion of having some involvement in the "plot" against Bran I'm wondering how they are going to credibly get Tyrion through Winterfell on his southward journey. Perhaps the Maester will have a hand in moderating Robb and Theon's behaviour initially and Tyrion will show his quality and demonstrate through his actions his innocenece to those in Winterfell. I suspect Catelyn gets fed the misinformation from LF at the end of Ep3 which puts her on her collision course with Tyrion in Ep4.

It was a very tense meeting in the book as well, so if they take it almost verbatim it should adequately accomplish this. Robb greets him in the Great Hall with bare steel laying across his lap, and welcomes the Nights Watch while saying there is no place for Lannisters in Winterfell.

I wonder if we're going to see Samwell appear in this episode? I've heard good things about the actor and their interactions in the reviews, so I'm really looking forward to that part.

Boy, I hope so. Sam is one of my favorite characters and I am excited to see how this actor portrays him.

Gah, I'd hoped this episode had the tournament. Oh well, soon. My dad, a non-reader who's heard me yacking for years, keeps asking me when The Mountain's going to show up.

Right now his favorite character is Tyrion.

The tournament is in Episode 4...

EP104: Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things

Ned looks to a book for clues to the death of his predecessor, and uncovers one of King Robert’s (Mark Addy) bastards. Robert and his guests witness a tournament honoring Ned. Jon takes measures to protect Samwell (John Bradley) from further abuse at Castle Black; a frustrated Viserys clashes with Daenerys in Vaes Dothrak; Sansa (Sophie Turner) imagines her future as a queen, while Arya envisions a far different future. Catelyn rallies her husband’s allies to make a point, while Tyrion finds himself caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Whenever I read AGOT I see the tournament as kind of the high point for Ned in King's Landing. (Perhaps for Sansa too - getting the red rose from Loras, witnessing knightly gallantry, etc. etc. before hearing from the Hound that knights aren't all they're cracked up to be.) For Ned, it's all downhill from the tournament, not that it was that high to begin with. But he's optimistic after his breakfast with Robert, if only for a few minutes.

Buahaha, a friend of mine just got back to me. She started watching it without any knowledge of the series.

"Oh, and I just started watching Game of Thrones! Holy hell -- a Medieval zombie political intrigue sex romp. It sounds so awful on paper, and is just so amazing in reality!"

Archived