Reactions and Previews

Westeros

Tyrion orders Joffrey to give his sympathies to the Starks for the tragedy that's befallen young Bran, then proceeds to start smacking the crap out him -- presumably for his insolence, but really, any reason works. I could watch Tyrion whack Joffrey all day. Somebody needs to make a gif of that and post it on Reddit.

Oh man, where is the person on the board who made that gif months ago?

TV by the Numbers doesn't have the figures up, but should sometime later today. However, based on last week's results, places like EW *might* put them up first. (Now that the show's been renewed, though, and not a premiere, I'm not sure if they continue to put up episode ratings.)

Brude put up a post in the dedicated ratings thread, which indicated (IIRC) 2m viewers. Not sure what the sources for that were (first Eastern viewing only, all repeats, etc.)

Once TV by the Numbers has theirs up, it'll be under their Game of Thrones tag. That also has some other items and earlier breakdowns, too.

ETA: This is not the thread I thought it was, and I was wrong on where Brude had posted, too.

2.2 mil for the first viewing, 732k for the second one. With additional OnDemand and extra airings the premiere has 6.8 million views. Source.

I'd call those good numbers, and the fact that there isn't really a drop-off from the first week is a good sign. Of course, we are only in the second lap...

I enjoyed it quite a bit the only negative comment I have is in regards to the setting up of scenes. I had to inform two other viewers of where the King and Court were during the Arya/Wolf incident as the show did a poor job of making that clear. While as a reader I knew, two seperate individuals who watched it were confused and thought they might have gone back to Winterfell. They didn't feel that it was made clear who went where when and where they were when things happened. Upon my own watching I have to concure. I know there is a lot going on and a lot to cover, but 3 or 4 seconds worth of making sure we knew we were down the road with the two girls but none of the boys in tow would have smooothed out the episode for those I spoke to.

Loving this all so far.

Not sure where else to post this: GoT even made it into the late night comics' reactions to the death of Osama bin Laden!

"But what will happen to bin Laden in the next life?

"(Jimmy) Fallon disclosed that the 72 virgins supposedly awaiting the al-Qaida leader in paradise had turned out to be “just some dudes watching ‘Game of Thrones’ on HBO.”

Letterman had another theory: Owing to a screwup in the paperwork, they were 72 vegans."

some friends of mine complained there are too many characters to know who is who, and then some other fiends thought it is fabulous,...they read the books.

IMHO the series so far is capturing the essence and imagination of what I wanted it to be. I actually thought I was going to be disappointed at the hbo version for lack of detail, but it holds so much dialogue straight from the book I am overjoyed. Just going to hate waiting for next season and following books!!read.gif

Archived