[BOOK SPOILERS] Ep. 102 Discussion Part the Second

Kat

No anger here. Just a questioning attitude.

What I do not understand is that so many people will just sit back and quietly accept ANY change made. I know there is nothing that we can do about it but it does not hurt to point it out.

Making Cersei into a tragic figure is really no big deal? Changing her entire character bothers you not? Making a character's basic qualities completely different than the book has nothing to do with time constraints. It is an attempt to meet some Hollywood standard.

Making Tyrion lie down with dogs like a drunken hobo is no big deal? Trying to make the audience feel a way about a character other than what the book author intended is not done for time constraints.

If Robb stubs his toe at the Red Wedding, consummates his marriage and lives to fight another day I have little doubt you and the rest will be in here with the same tired old “time constraints” excuse.

GRRM got a lot of money to allow his creation to be taken over reworked by someone else so he at least has an excuse for it.

Agree to some point but I don't think they made Cersei more sympathetic (at least not to the discerning viewer). They made it clear she obviously wants Bran very dead. Her tears might have sounded sincere to Cat but I think her desire for Bran's death makes her tears very suspicious. I think the whole scene with Cat was just a ploy to stop talk just in case dark vs. blond hair comes up later and the viewers will catch that. She's good, she's very, very good.

Watching episode 2 (again). This time it actually made me cry as the Starks all say goodbye in Winterfell. I want to yell, "No, don't go, don't do it." Jon will never hug Arya again, so many "never agains" in the future. Rather than compete with the novels, for me this is all adding another sensory level of attachment to the characters.

It's not too late!

On episode 2 :)

Still LOVING IT!!! WELL DONE!!! KEEP UP

on what people are talking about

- Tyrion waking up where he does is totally off book Tyrion....hopefully he seems to be going more in the right direction after that. The show character is still a very good one so i dont complain. Its highly enjoyable to watch him, even if its not the same Tyrion. Maybe he will become book Tyrion soon....i´m hopping we get Shae as soon as possible to see if that will place Tyrion more on track with the book.

- Cersei scene with Cat: no real problem here. That scene screams suspicious loud and clear. And its a kind of scheemming still in line with book 1 Cersei. I think there´s no doubt for anyone she wants Bran dead so everything she says on that scene needs to be taken with a fair grain of salt as she is obviouly up to something.

- Cat "wish it would have been you": dont miss it! this is not book Cat to start with and this Cat is a lot more sound over Bran´s situation. Also this Cat doesnt have such a strong self awareness as a High born lady. Makes sense she will not go so over the top reggarding John.....altough its odd that she could and actually kept him away from the banquet (that move would be more like book Cat).

- Tyrion/John: Welcome aboard book Tyrion! Nice to see you arriving. Tyrion starts to look more like Tyrion, even if the bond with John is not so well portraied as in the book, but its still good enough.

- Cat going CSI: against the book but i can buy into it. Doesnt feel wrong. It actually feels like something book Cat could also do, problem being only that she was still too distressed to think on it at this point. But if this Cat is more sound minded, then its ok she goes more into trying to invesigate and find something.

- Danny/Drogo relationship growing: Welcome Danny!!!! missed you :) Altough i felt really sorry for 1st episode Danny, i enjoy a lot more this one :) welcome!!!

- Joffrey: Am i the only one who thinks he is also being a bit over the top? come on....i know he is a jerk....but still, he is trainned to be a warrior and he is tall and strong....i just dont see book Joffrey begging like that to Arya and crying like that. I had the feelling he was a total jerk but not a sissy.....still, it was even more fun to see him get slapped and i´m looking forward to seing him go away in style (or not really).

- Renly missing: No problem! would have been fun to have him around but i understand it better to keep him for latter.

When I watched this episode, I chuckled and applauded the people behind the show for that bit of foreshadowing where Jaime said something to the effect of he'd rather be dead than crippled. But I just reread that scene in the book--and saw that he'd said pretty much the exact same thing there. Kudos, GRRM. :thumbsup:

When I watched this episode, I chuckled and applauded the people behind the show for that bit of foreshadowing where Jaime said something to the effect of he'd rather be dead than crippled. But I just reread that scene in the book--and saw that he'd said pretty much the exact same thing there. Kudos, GRRM. :thumbsup:

That reminds me of a

. Short and to the point.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived