Episode 2 Ratings

Westeros

Although the show already landed the greenlight for a second season, some have been wondering how the ratings would go in the second week. James Hibberd at Entertainment Weekly provides the answer: steady. Despite it being an Easter Sunday, the show seems to have held onto the premiere viewership of 2.2 million people, and added an additional 723,000 viewers when it was repeated at 11PM.

Hibberd also notes that the first episode, including all repeats through the week, On Demand viewings, and other such outlets, has reached 6.8 million viewers so far.

It’s hard to gauge whether “holding steady” under the circumstances is a good, bad, or rather neutral sign. At a guess, the viewership across the whole of this week will be a more interesting indicator of what the show’s early impact will be, but even then it’ll be too early to tell if it’ll have legs and start growing an audience.

Visit the Site!

From the UK:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a316425/mr-whicher-drama-enchants-nearly-6m.html#

Game Of Thrones, the new fantasy drama starring Sean Bean, had 531k (2.1%) on Sky Atlantic from 9pm, down 212k on last week's debut episode.

Not great. :worried:

Edit: Technically, it's still their 2nd-best ever viewing figures. But I was hoping for better.

The UK figure is actually much higher than I was expecting (again) :) They always have a huge drop-off from Episode 1 to 2 of any given series. The impressive thing is that, once again, this was the second-highest viewing figure for anything on Sky Atlantic, and still 200,000 more than Boardwalk Empire's debut. This is also still not including DVR and so forth (I'd actually be interested in seeing what the adjusted figure for Episode 1 was; SFX Magazine was projecting over 1 million but I don't know if that bore out).

The UK figure is actually much higher than I was expecting (again) :) They always have a huge drop-off from Episode 1 to 2 of any given series. The impressive thing is that, once again, this was the second-highest viewing figure for anything on Sky Atlantic, and still 200,000 more than Boardwalk Empire's debut. This is also still not including DVR and so forth (I'd actually be interested in seeing what the adjusted figure for Episode 1 was; SFX Magazine was projecting over 1 million but I don't know if that bore out).

I read somewhere that the adjusted figure for the UK was 1.07

Yup, 1.07 million.

An astonishing figure. A top-rated, hugely-trailed American drama series getting more than 1 million adjusted on the much more well-known Sky One would be a huge achievement, so this is mind-boggling. It makes the Episode 2 drop more disheartening. However, we do have the insane early summer weather going on here. Combined with no work on Monday, that may have meant more people spent Sunday out. The recorded and repeat figures will be interesting to see.

Yup, 1.07 million.

An astonishing figure. A top-rated, hugely-trailed American drama series getting more than 1 million adjusted on the much more well-known Sky One would be a huge achievement, so this is mind-boggling. It makes the Episode 2 drop more disheartening. However, we do have the insane early summer weather going on here. Combined with no work on Monday, that may have meant more people spent Sunday out. The recorded and repeat figures will be interesting to see.

It's just not a good time for TV shows. The new Doctor Who was the lowest rated series opener since 2005, principally because of the weather and the bank holiday weekend.

This episode was really great...for an adaptation of the book..one thing I am concerned with though is the character building for Viserys. Based on the books and comparing to the HBO series they are not painting him at the sadistic, hell-bent, loon as the book. Maybe they will amp his character up before Kahl gives him his golden crown.

What will be a mind boggler for some is the killing off of Robert and Eddard. They are painting Eddard as the main character in this HBO series, but in fact it is Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen. Let's see how it play's out.

Looking for to more of this series and hoping for a three to four season run.

Archived