Glimpses from Anne Groell

Ran

It implies that they're not in Dorne yet, but they're ready to go there. That's a pretty big indicator of where the book ends.

Though it's the epilogue, right? I'd think that it'd be a character that's going to die or something along those lines.

Some words it's likely not:

Death

Dracarys

Dohaeris

It implies that they're not in Dorne yet, but they're ready to go there. That's a pretty big indicator of where the book ends.

Though it's the epilogue, right? I'd think that it'd be a character that's going to die or something along those lines.

Some words it's likely not:

Death

Dracarys

Dohaeris

Well the last chapter in AFfC was not a death chapter, but it could be someone who is dying observes this. :)

No, it wasn't a death. AGOT, ACOK and AFFC didn't end with an epilogue. Only ASOS (and I believe, ADWD) did. That's why I figured it was such.

Could be something like this:

The Assassin felt a sharp pain in his back, and saw a thin blade sprout from his chest. A voice whispered behind him, "Is there gold in the village?" His last sight before his vision clouded over was of his target Daenyerys Targaryen stepping from the gangplank onto Dorne.

Haha.

Oh man, too much information to process. My brain is on over drive about what all this text could mean. I have to agree with Ran though, the Victarion one seems the most spoilerish. It almost sounds like he lost the whole fleet.

Edit: Actually, now that I think on it, the Bolton one seems pretty spoilerish as well. Almost as if there is an assassin in his party who is taking down targets or the North is already rebelling under his rule.

Edit: Actually, now that I think on it, the Bolton one seems pretty spoilerish as well. Almost as if there is an assassin in his party who is taking down targets or the North is already rebelling under his rule.

Yes, maybe the shade of Arya. :)

Actually, now that I think on it, the Bolton one seems pretty spoilerish as well. Almost as if there is an assassin in his party who is taking down targets or the North is already rebelling under his rule.

Dang, just what I wanted to say :)

Yeah, and I think Werthead was on the right track about the last word being "Dorne."

I'm trying to think what other word starting with a D, that we already know, would be spoilerish within the context of it being the single final word in the book.

Gah ... gah! I don't want spoilers, but I must click obsessively on every goddamn ADWD-related thing in search of news about who is in and who is out! All I want is a King's Landing political maneuvering awesomeness chapter!

Edit: Since I really shouldn't come in and bitch without playing: That Tyrion chapter is from the mid-400 page point, which leads me to wonder exactly how much travelling Tyrion's going to do before he -- I presume -- tends in the direction of Meereen. This suggests we might get a considerable chunk of the Tyrion roadshow, which is pretty cool.

Also: still kind of sad they did such severe cutting at the eleventh hour but dang that book is huge! 1547 ms pages, still the longest book in the series by a hair's-breadth. No wonder it took the poor guy so long!

Archived