Glimpses from Anne Groell

Ran

By the way, are we thinking that we have gotten confirmation of a Victarion POV? It certainly sounded like an interior thought process, whilst Ramsay going off on one was presumably from Reek's POV.

And what do people make of Ramsay being back at Winterfell? What is he doing there?

I'd think Ramsay was chasing down someone.

I can't imagine the Kettleblacks leaving, and I really would be surprised if Tommen died this early. If only because that would mean a whole lot of story we would miss in KL while we're doing all this stuff in Essos and the Wall, and to be filled in about events like "Tommen died, we took off, kingdom in ruins" offscreen seems really, really odd.

I think that for the most part we're done with KL new events. So I suspect this is in reference to prior ones.

By the way, are we thinking that we have gotten confirmation of a Victarion POV? It certainly sounded like an interior thought process, whilst Ramsay going off on one was presumably from Reek's POV.

And what do people make of Ramsay being back at Winterfell? What is he doing there?

Well, it sounded from the Reek chapter that he was taking a force to attack Moat Cailin from the North. So this could be on the way to do that.

I don't think its a POV (The King killing siblings) - It sounds like someone talking in first person, and the POV listening. Kettleblacks is one guess, but its someone protesting innocence, and it seems odd for the KB's to refer to each other as 'my brother'. I think they've referred to each other by name elsewhere. Margaery?

I'd think Ramsay was chasing down someone.

I can't imagine the Kettleblacks leaving, and I really would be surprised if Tommen died this early. If only because that would mean a whole lot of story we would miss in KL while we're doing all this stuff in Essos and the Wall, and to be filled in about events like "Tommen died, we took off, kingdom in ruins" offscreen seems really, really odd.

I think that for the most part we're done with KL new events. So I suspect this is in reference to prior ones.

They do have a brother to save from the Septon.

I don't think its a POV (The King killing siblings) - It sounds like someone talking in first person, and the POV listening. Kettleblacks is one guess, but its someone protesting innocence, and it seems odd for the KB's to refer to each other as 'my brother'. I think they've referred to each other by name elsewhere. Margaery?

It could be the dwarves, and Joffrey is the King.

It could just be Theon's recollection.

Reek = Theon.

Given this is the spoiler thread we can probably just call him Theon anyway ;)

Well, it sounded from the Reek chapter that he was taking a force to attack Moat Cailin from the North. So this could be on the way to do that.

Except that Winterfell isn't on the way from the Dreadfort to Moat Cailin, unless you want to go hundreds of miles out of your way.

Also, 'Lord' Ramsay? An honorific or is Roose dead?

Margaery is my guess. I suspect she initially fled then returned to KL. But it is a big fat pink stretch to believe that Margaery feared torture.

Reek = Theon.

Given this is the spoiler thread we can probably just call him Theon anyway ;)

Except that Winterfell isn't on the way from the Dreadfort to Moat Cailin, unless you want to go hundreds of miles out of your way.

Also, 'Lord' Ramsay? An honorific or is Roose dead?

The quickest way is not always a straight line. You would want to go to the best road, and that would seem to me to be The Kingsroad.

I'm thinking the last word might be 'dead,' as in someone making a shocking announcement--like walking out of a tent to face an anxious and fearful group that's been wailing and praying it might be otherwise (as well as anxious and fearful readers wailing and praying it might be otherwise)--and uttering the dreadful words that indeed 'X is dead.' Now, there's a cliffhanger!

When's WoW due out, exactly? :pimp:

I'm thinking the last word might be 'dead,' as in someone making a shocking announcement--like walking out of a tent to face an anxious and fearful group that's been wailing and praying it might be otherwise (as well as anxious and fearful readers wailing and praying it might be otherwise)--and uttering the dreadful words that indeed 'X is dead.' Now, there's a cliffhanger!

But is "dead" spoilerific enough on its own to where Anne Groell would refuse to speak the word? I think not.

But is "dead" spoilerific enough on its own to where Anne Groell would refuse to speak the word? I think not.

No, not spoilerific at all. I'm thinking the publishers had worked out this whole 'give them a few hints to drive them mad' scenario in advance, no matter what the last word was going to be. Whatever, its just a theory. Do I get a virtual lemon cake if I'm right? (Just no pointy end if I'm wrong, please...)

Archived