[Book Spoilers] Episode 4 Preview

The fact that the direwolves specifically ghost have been totally ignored has made this nothing more than a poorly acted soap opera. The character development and poor insight on the part of the directors has disappointed me. If you did not read the books you would have no idea what is going on. Further the characters are so poorly developed that each incident seems to have occurred in a vacuum with no connection or significance to other characters. This will get cancelled before season two begins filming

Seriously, the direwolves are all that matters? I think your analysis is pretty silly. Everyone I've seen on message boards or talked to in real life who are show watchers but not book readers likes it.

Good detective work! For anyone else interested, here's the video:

. Check out the dialog at 1:07. This does strengthen the possibility that they've moved some of the Sansa-Sandor dialog to Sansa-Petyr. Ack!!!!! Say it ain't so... :bang: Guess we'll have to wait until Sunday to find out for sure.

If this is the case, it's probably because the Sansa/Petyr relationship ends up being more important because Petyr is obsessed with her because she looks like Cat and eventually runs off with her to the Eyrie. Whereas Sandor has little to do with Sansa in the long run, although he does comfort her at times.

I admit that I would miss the Sansa/Sandor conversation for many reasons, one being that it is one of the things that starts to awaken Sansa to the realities of the world. But I could live without it, I think.

is it the hound or petyr that says to sansa... "life is not a song sweetling; someday you may learn that to your sorrow".. thats my fav quote of the series.... hope that is put in

In the books it's the Hound that says it.

It's definitely Littlefinger that says it to Sansa, after Sansa has been watching her father in court and explains to Littlefinger why she would have sent Ser Loras to kill Gregor.

(edited for spelling)

HBO's tv blurb for tonight's episode says:

Ned looks for clues; Robert and his guests witness a tournament; Viserys clashes with Daenerys; Sansa imagines her future as queen.

Viserys clashes with Daenerys--LOL, as one of the smart nOObs noted in the 'Still Reading' thread: For somebody who's always warning others not to 'wake the dragon' (incur his anger), he sure doesn't hesitate to run around waking everybody else's dragons! Pretty thick, really, when there's 40,000 people on one side and exactly zero on your side.

Less than four hours to go!! tick...tick...tick...

:fencing:

HBO's tv blurb for tonight's episode says:

Ned looks for clues; Robert and his guests witness a tournament; Viserys clashes with Daenerys; Sansa imagines her future as queen.

Also in the blurb: "Arya envisions a far different future." Is this where she finds the dragon skulls and overhears Illyrio and Varys, or would that be in a later episode?

edit: never mind, the blurb for Episode 5 includes "Arya overhears a plot against her father." so I guess that's not what "Arya envisions a far different future." refers to. Are we going to get more water dancing?

Also in the blurb: "Arya envisions a far different future." Is this where she finds the dragon skulls and overhears Illyrio and Varys, or would that be in a later episode?

edit: never mind, the blurb for Episode 5 includes "Arya overhears a plot against her father." so I guess that's not what "Arya envisions a far different future." refers to. Are we going to get more water dancing?

How very strange--my blurb doesn't mention Ayra. How come my your blurb says more than my blurb? I've been scant-blurbed! LOL, that is weird, though..

:dunno:

It's the foundation for what makes the Hound such a great character. He may not be pivotal to an overarching plot or whatever, but he's an amazing character, and not minor at all, considering all the stuff he and Arya go through in Storm of Swords. Taking that scene out is like neutering the character.

I don't think they really care about who is an important character in season 3 at this point. The fact is the hound is not very important in the first book and does not need a lot of screen time in season 1. If we get to a season 3 there will be ample opportunity to reveal the hound as a character.

It's definitely Littlefinger that says it to Sansa, after Sansa has been watching her father in court and explains to Littlefinger why she would have sent Ser Loras to kill Gregor.

(edited for spelling)

Huh, I totally didn't remember that. I definitely need to reread all the books before the 5th one comes out.

A couple of quick questions based on my lack of strong recollection of the books:

1) When Ned says "yes" to the question about if he has anyone he trusts, is he referring to Jory specifically, or just speaking more broadly?

2) Does Tyrion actually give Bran a saddle guide as a gift? I suspect the answer is "yes", but I just do not recall this detail from my two readings, the most recent of which was 3-4 years ago.

1. ummm, off the top of my head, yes, Jory.

2. Absolutely yes, and it changes Bran's life, makes him free and whole as he ever can be. It was a wonderful gift, a gift of freedom and pride and a return to life for a boy who'd lost everything. A pretty young mare was trained especially for Bran, she responded to his reins and voice rather than leg movements and the way GRRM described Bran's first ride outside the walls just brought tears to my eyes. A wonderful gift, a wonderful scene.

Archived