Major League Baseball

Kat

What is it about injuries that attracts them to third basemen on teams with struggling offenses?

We are all sad pandas today. :grouphug: Lightning Lord.

Someone give me something to be optimistic about. I'm done with pessimism after thinking about losing a series to the Nats after barely making it past the Pirates. Karma's a bitch.

What is it about injuries that attracts them to third basemen on teams with struggling offenses?

Yeah, we could definitely use Longoria back in the line-up.

Someone give me something to be optimistic about. I'm done with pessimism after thinking about losing a series to the Nats after barely making it past the Pirates. Karma's a bitch.

Well, if it's any consolation, I don't think the Rockies can keep this form up indefinitely.

So did anyone see the Indians at .704 at the end of April? And also, I wonder whether any team has ever finished with a record above .700 in the first month of the season but failed to make the play-offs?

I guess I am kind of happy that the Chisox are losing it almost as badly as we are. Rivals to the bitter end, I guess?

Yeah, wow. Anything you can do, we can do better?

Yikes, that's all I gotta say. Y-i-k-e-s.

Do not let me root for your team or any players thereon. I've been following Jared Weaver's season and was really hoping he'd go completely insane. I wanted to see an undefeated pitcher . I wanted 30 wins for the first time since McLain. I wanted to see a season's ERA under 1.00. The second I earnestly start to follow along... <POOF!!!> Do not let me on you bandwagon.

I started watching Ken Burns' Baseball documentary series. As long as I've watched baseball, I didn't really know a lot of the early history of the game. Good stuff, if you haven't seen it.

ETA: It's streaming on Netflix

My team has the best record in baseball.

It also happens to be the Tribe, so any chance of me being optimistic disappeared when Jose Mesa melted down in 1997.

:agree: And I guarantee... this will last all year :blink:

Ok, if not, at least I'm gonna enjoy the ride! Go Tribe!

Also, can we refrain from discussing '97. :spank:

Edited to hopefully purge most painful sports experience of my life

... nobody watching the Twins-White Sox game, I take it? (Can't blame you, with NHL and NBA playoffs on.)

No hitter for Liriano! Good on him, and all that; IIRC, he's not really lived up to his billing as Johann Santana's replacement, but a no-hitter's always impressive.

Do not let me root for your team or any players thereon. I've been following Jared Weaver's season and was really hoping he'd go completely insane. I wanted to see an undefeated pitcher . I wanted 30 wins for the first time since McLain. I wanted to see a season's ERA under 1.00. The second I earnestly start to follow along... <POOF!!!> Do not let me on you bandwagon.

As someone who used to play in the sand with Jered Weaver when we were kids, and thus always roots for him to kick ass...don't root for him anymore. He was doing just fine before you came along. :P

Congrats to Liriano.

Man, I almost ditched class for this game too. Maybe things would have turned out differently had I been there! Actually when I was a kid I was at a Sox game where the opposing pitcher got a no-hitter, but we still won due to a couple of walks and an error. That was awesome. I was also at the Mark Burehle perfect game, and in some ways it was even better than going to all the playoff and WS games I went to - by picking that day to ditch work and go to the game, I witnessed history. I'm sure the Twins fans wish they could have been there, but regardless, it's always fun when one of your players has that great moment.

But seriously - the bats we showed in the first few games have just fallen off the face of the earth. On a positive note, Jackson pitched a great game as well.

Man, I almost ditched class for this game too. Maybe things would have turned out differently had I been there! Actually when I was a kid I was at a Sox game where the opposing pitcher got a no-hitter, but we still won due to a couple of walks and an error.

This is the kind of thing that would happen to Matt Cain. <_<

Not sure why I'm bitching. Actual hits today. Actual win. Timmy day tomorrow.

A no-hitter with six walks and only two strikeouts is really interesting. Not a GREAT performance by any means.

That having been said, no Padres fan could turn up his or her nose at this. Franchise is in to its 43rd season and has never had one. Been playing in a 'pitcher's park' most of the time (though big spaces to cover DO increase the chances of a bloop dropping in - the pitcher's park part mostly affects deep fly balls). SD Stadium in the 70's used to have a seventeen foot wall that was 415 feet from home plate in center field, 370 in the alleys and 330 down the lines. Nobody called it a pitcher's park then because the team had no pitchers.

I can't believe the Giants have gone at least .500 on this road trip, it sure doesn't feel like it.

Key to igniting the offense: Hobbits hit third. Why do these Bochy Special Lineups always seem to work? :shocked:

Archived