Major League Baseball

Kat

I am just happy that if my team can't be winning it all, at least we can give back to the league and to Jose Bautista. And to the fans...we give you so many home run balls!

As Trisky says, it's a long season. God help me, is it ever...

God it feels good to see the 'crew hitting again, but I have never seen a pitcher loose it like Greinke did today in the 5th. He was MOWING down batters and then.....48 pitch inning and 5 earned. He had a perfect game through 4...it was crazy. Hopefully as his stamina gets better he will get better.

Oh yah, how do the Brewers keep beating the hell out of the Pirates?

Jorge Posada had a bad day, a rollercoaster ride....because he was batting 9th...nut up and get some perspective you stiff.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6556945

He apparently wanted off the Yankees. Schaaaadenfreeude. :P

Too bad the Sox are at .500 for the first time this season. Kind of puts a damper on my enjoyment of that.

On days like today, I feel good about my lot in life. Sure, my team is most definitely the worst in the league. Sure our pitching is dicey and our bats are quiet as church mice. And yes, we paid a princely sum for several players that don't really do much.

But at least we've not yet been beat 19-1.

Here's to you, Kansas City. For always making me glad I am a Twins fan and not a Royal. :thumbsup:

It turns out that having the worst bullpen in the AL means you can't hold a 6-0 lead in Boston. Go fucking figure. Some days I wonder if I was Hitler or Stalin in a past life to deserve the fate of being an Orioles fan.

It turns out that having the worst bullpen in the AL means you can't hold a 6-0 lead in Boston. Go fucking figure. Some days I wonder if I was Hitler or Stalin in a past life to deserve the fate of being an Orioles fan.

It's okay. Sports teams were made to punish us for having emotions. (except the yankees, who were created just as a means of getting people's souls)

Have a beer, on me. :cheers:

Rays have now gone 23-9 since their first 9 games of the season and played well against Burnett and the Yanks today. :bowdown: Joe Maddon.

@Mack: This time last year the Orioles were 15.5 games back in AL East, so it's still been a marked improvement. Some consolation maybe? :dunno:

@Mack: This time last year the Orioles were 15.5 games back in AL East, so it's still been a marked improvement. Some consolation maybe? :dunno:

Man, you've got that right. Every time we lose a game I'm like, "Last year when we had this many losses, we only had this many wins!"

The O's now have 21 losses. Last year they were 9-21.

The O's have 19 wins. Last year when they had 19 wins they were 19-52.

RIP, Harmon Killebrew. Wow... sad story.

How in the world does a pitcher give up 14 ER in two innings. Was the manager drunk and passed out? Must have seriously pissed the manager off to hang him out to dry like that. Or did the entire pitching staff get food poisoning or something?

I'm starting to feel some extra sympathy for Giants fans if only because it's a Dodgers fan who's cluttering this forum with silly musician comp threads.

Now for some actual baseball talk. How about the Cleveland Indians? You gotta feel like there's a cardboard cutout of a woman in the locker room and she's slowly having pieces of clothing revealed. Soon we'll be in the summer montage sequence, and eventually there'll be the, "We might as well win the whole fuckin' thing" moment.

Only problem now is that we've probably further depressed LL - his Twins were 24-14 this time last year and had the third-best record in the Al...:leaving:

And now our two greatest legacies have both passed too young.

RIP Killer. You were before my time, but damn if you don't still tower over us all. You shall be missed, sir.

I'm starting to feel some extra sympathy for Giants fans if only because it's a Dodgers fan who's cluttering this forum with silly musician comp threads.

Young fool. Only now, at the end, do you understand...

Archived