[Book Spoilers] EP104 Discussion

Finally seeing Ghost just makes me perplexed that we haven't just had at least some glimpses of him in Ep 2 and Ep 3.

I need to see this one again to decide what I think.

I don't love Sam's casting appearance-wise (just not quite what I pictured), but his chemistry with Jon was pretty good.

But you DO get a glimpse of Ghost in Ep2. But it literaly is a glimpse, which is why a lot of people miss it unless they watch the show more than once.

Maybe its because the concept of the silent Ghost is amazing to read, but doesn't translate to screen? Whatever, we got Ghost, I'm happy!

I agree entirely. I just don't think that scene works as well without the growling. Not a big deal overall. Ghost can still be a bad ass. :P

I did not like the Littlefinger change because, at least in my eyes, the Hound telling revealing that story to Sansa plants the seeds of their bizarre relationship. Nothing to squeal about, but a little irritating. They probably just don't have the time for Sansa to receive beat down after beat down.

The rest of the episode was incredible.

Silent Ghost is not big a deal to me. I'm just happy to finally see the 3 remaining wolves.

I think the gradual introduction of the 3-eyed crow is a good idea. Bran's story kind of needs to be extended because after Robb departs not a lot happens there this season on other than the darkwings/dark words.

Silent Ghost is not big a deal to me. I'm just happy to finally see the 3 remaining wolves.

I think the gradual introduction of the 3-eyed crow is a good idea. Bran's story kind of needs to be extended because after Robb departs not a lot happens there this season on other than the darkwings/dark words.

That's how I felt. The dream scene was very subtle and when the crow was revealed to have three eyes it was amazing.

What? Not a Dragonslayer fan? Thought it was a nice nod to a classic fantasy film.

Oh come on. Next up they'll be comparing Bronn to "Mad Martigan, the legendary sellsword from across the Narrow Sea". Did anyone else catch a whiff of unintentional Gandalf when Jorah was all like, "behold! Vaes Dothrak! City of the horselords!" And then Viserys was like "Yeah, it sucks."

I like the shows adaptation of Littlefinger. His wordplay is not quite so suave and cocky, but it is replaced by this monotone, dead-like voice that works for a character as emotionless and greedy, if not a total sociopath. The creepy vibe that Littlefinger on the show gives out is perfect. Love him.

What? Not a Dragonslayer fan? Thought it was a nice nod to a classic fantasy film.

Plus, GRRM recently included Dragonslayer in his list of greatest fantasy films of all time. He even mentioned Vermithrax Pejorative as the best dragon name ever.

Finally seeing Ghost just makes me perplexed that we haven't just had at least some glimpses of him in Ep 2 and Ep 3.

I need to see this one again to decide what I think.

I don't love Sam's casting appearance-wise (just not quite what I pictured), but his chemistry with Jon was pretty good.

In reference to Ghost - my thoughts exactly. the obviously have a wolf, why not use him more? I pictures Sam more baby faced.

Oh come on. Next up they'll be comparing Bronn to "Mad Martigan, the legendary sellsword from across the Narrow Sea". Did anyone else catch a whiff of unintentional Gandalf when Jorah was all like, "behold! Vaes Dothrak! City of the horselords!" And then Viserys was like "Yeah, it sucks."

:lol: Mr. X commented that Jorah would make a really bitchin' Obi-Wan.

about ghost, I am curious, is it specifically mentioned that he does not make any sounds at all period? Or is it more refering to his hunting ablities and how he walks, which is soundless? ie, you would never hear ghost coming till he is right in front of you? just curious on that.

anyways, I quite enjoyed this episode, a bit more expisotion in this one then the others but still done in a way that was fun and enjoyable.

I'm actually liking Littlefinger a lot more than I did in the book, I think that is the goal of the show. That actor from the wire rocks! In the book Littlefinger didn't have much personality.

Hodor and Gentry were way too old though! Hodor was 18 in the book?!

I agree Jaime is sympathetic earlier than in the books, but we love him later so it's ok.

Dany is starting to grow on me too. Nice range of growth from meek to queen.

Darn shame Sean Bean has to go in the first season/movie all the time.

Tyrion's scenes have been awesome, and that ending was spot on, so unfair, it hurt like the first time.

I agree Jon and Sam have good chemistry. I am guessing the actor will lose some weight and be more clever as his character grows.

I disagree, Thorne is a bastard as always.

I actually liked the Gendry scene, though in my head the name's always been pronounced with a soft G (as in gentry). My major qualm is that there was no mention of Stannis's involvement, which is fairly crucial considering later developments.

Me too! It was really jarring for me to hear it pronounced like that.

I actually like Kit Harrington's Jon Snow.

Really? I'm liking Kit more and more with each episode. He and Viserys are the only two characters I like more in the show than the book.

I admit I found Jon too emo in the first book, while here he's badass so that's probably why I like him more.

Yeah, I think I'm probably in a minority on this one. Show-Jon actually seems more emo to me than book-Jon. Maybe because in the book it's like, well yeah, of course we're gonna get his inner monologue, where in the show I have to see it all over his face and makes me want to slap him. Or, more often, there's nothing on his face and he looks to me like a slack-jawed idiot. I don't know what it is, but I am really not digging Kit Harrington's acting.

Archived