[Book Spoilers] EP104 Discussion

If they're showing Gregor's joust with the Knight of Flowers, they have to show Beric Dondarrion vs Thoros of Myr - they've name dropped Thoros already and both become important later.

Agreed, considering how important both are later. Infact I would've liked to see the preamble to the tourney - the buzz and pageantry that must surround such an event. I'd have liked to see Beric riding into town with his retinue saying he's here to win the Hand's Tourney. This should feel like a city alive with possibility. Really show us what the kingdom was like in peace so we can appreciate the proper horror of the kingdom at war. We know winter's coming but less us enjoy this bit of summer.

Think it's possible to be so gravely and intently focused on hitting all the crucial plot points (and really the series hasn't missed one yet) that you place less of an emphasis on those little touches that add to the vibrancy of the series.

Jon has a fat face now? I swear, people on the internet and their standards...

Everyone on the internet has 190 IQ's, super model wives (multiple) and a law degree.

Didn't you know this?

I wish I could find the clip from the Simpsons of the Itchy and Scratchy fan complaining to Homer.

I stand by my comment. Jon has a fat face. In my opinion of course. Others may think his face looks thin and gaunt. He is much chubbier than I had envisioned reading the books.

Regarding the criticism of the show's criticism, I don't get it. Do people really only want to see post after post of gushing praise? I was honest about what I saw as faults. It's not to say I didn't find things I liked (as I noted). I'm just stating my opinion.

Archived