AGOT Mafia Game n= May 2011.

House Targaryen

You might be okay without any reasoning, but I'm not. If you have a good argument, then it could prove useful in helping me (and others) lower them on our own respective suspect lists. If you don't, then it might reflect poorly on you (and possibly them as well).

Welp. Some of what you said is of course quite true (though anyone can make up legit sounding reasons for finding someone scummy/townie), but there are lots of benefits to witholding reasoning too.

Are they high on your suspect list, anyway? I guess I just think if you read them quickly it should be fairly clear why I think they're town, and if a few people can see it independantly it makes it more likely to be accurate as opposed to 'lolz I agree with you, you're so right'. Oh and Puff is more obv than Barbie, admittedly.

Okay. So apparently there are some relationships here that I'm not aware of. With that in mind, I'm going to make a suggestion - all new players should post if they have played mafia before on other boards (so we know whether or not the explanation "I'm new and don't understand the game" is valid), and whether they have any friendships with any of the other players outside the game.

That's fair. I've played here once before, play on mafiascum, Mina made me come here. asked me to play cos she loves me. Sotty and Barbie are also from there but I don't really know anything about Barbie.

Take five minutes and I've already seen the error of my ways. Thank you, O Great Cult Leader Simba. I have read your brainwaves and will remove vote. Mainly because while for my personal sanity I'd love to see you, Edward, and Humpty Dumpty dead (how could I forget you Mina? You always post a lot. Plus, well, I think it would be hilarious if I lynched you again and you were evil. :kiss:)

But I realized I should probably pay a little more attention to the people playing this game who I don't know yet, because assuming I don't get lynched while asleep on day 1 or something, playing with wild cards is scary. Who are you people? Why do I feel so torn about being welcoming and wanting to kill you all immediately just to get you out of the way?

First, two people who I don't know at all:

Hi.

about probabilities: they can help us just if we play a big amount of games and we need to win in as big part of them as it possible.

but in one single game probabilities cant help us and not hanging people up brings to killers the possibility to live more.

I think its a bad idea to vote for night.

we have the ability to kill somebody. it gives us a lot of information. more than just speaking and misunderstanding each other.

and the idea "vote for night" is based on probabilities. I said I did not like it.

While I generally agree with not going to night (Kill! Die! Lynch! :drool:) I just thought I'd point out that your dislike for probabilities in this game, just because they are based on models that ran the game over and over, are misplaced. Because really, here's what it comes down to: Would you rather play the game where behind two closed doors there's a prize, and the other there's a monster waiting to eat you, or the game where behind two doors there's a monster and the other there's a prize? 1/3 chance of dying vs. 2/3 chance of dying. Just because it's a probability doesn't make the chance of getting something right, out of a smaller pool of suspects, any different.

In fact, if there were no healer or guard possibility, I'd definitely want to go to night. Also, since there's a soldier, we should probably make sure that close to endgame, we have an odd # of people during the day. (Um. I think. :unsure:)

But anyway, just thought I'd point out that your dislike of probability seems to be nothing but contrarianism.

On to another new person whose posts stuck out to me:

:dunno: Seemed like the popular thing to do around here.

Why?

Does this set of posts arouse anyone else's suspicions? I know it's only Day 1, but Garfield jumps right into the game with a blatant attempt to fit in, behaviorally. Maybe it's a little too obvious, but it definitely rubs me the wrong way and I want to keep an eye on this guy.

Welp. Some of what you said is of course quite true (though anyone can make up legit sounding reasons for finding someone scummy/townie), but there are lots of benefits to witholding reasoning too.

Are they high on your suspect list, anyway? I guess I just think if you read them quickly it should be fairly clear why I think they're town, and if a few people can see it independantly it makes it more likely to be accurate as opposed to 'lolz I agree with you, you're so right'. Oh and Puff is more obv than Barbie, admittedly.

Providing your reasons not only helps us evaluate those players....it also gives us information about you. Have you forgotten that you're being evaluated here as well?

Simba.

He looks strange in some things to me.

Strange how?

Ugh, welcome back to the game, Kat. Why did you sign up for this? :bang: Is it so you could, for the first time in your life, actually be a volcano? It's actually a pretty good alt for me, though. Not only does it match my first letter, but it's a fairly good impression of my sitting around for the first few days totally confused (building up pressure) until there's fewer people left and then I just go crazy. Usually not in a good, logical way.

So, can we just lynch Edward and Simba early on to keep the post count low? I don't want to risk them getting into some sort of argument that takes up massive amounts of posts and just confuses everyone. Since I've been burned too many times by evil WJ and/or Mexal, I think the risk of one of them being evil is too high for me to want to personally deal with sorting out the lies and truths later on from whatever bushel of verbiage they produce, and kill them early.

Anyone with me? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? :uhoh:

This is a foregone conclusion. Learn to love it.

Imo Starlin was quite good.

I prefer to vote Edward for keeping low profile.

P.S. It saddens me that nobody sees the benefits of night.

Starlin was good at what?

Anyone else you find suspicious? You spent a lot of time earlier in the day trying to convince us to go to night then you come out and vote for a low poster (me). You're being a bit safe so far.

Simba.

He looks strange in some things to me.

How so?

On a separate note, I think Starlin is fine for questioning WJ and I don't find him suspicious at all.

PS: this board is annoying me. Takes forever for the thing to actually post.

Krakatoa, about your example with doors.

In that case, I would choose to make a small conversation with doors and figure out where the monster is.

If unique possibility to get info was using possibilities, I would choose the door with 1/3, but if I had some other ways, I obviously choose these other ways.

@ Krakatoa

1)I know Ernst Blofeld. Had been played with him in around 10 games or more. His play sticks with his town(innocent) meta.

Very much this:

seems to be nothing but contrarianism.

2)Garfield is total newbie. So it's normal for him to "attempt to fit in".

Remove your vote or I'll call you scumFM who looking for some easy lynch.

@ Edward

then you come out and vote for a low poster (me).

Overdefensive much?

Providing your reasons not only helps us evaluate those players....it also gives us information about you. Have you forgotten that you're being evaluated here as well?

I forgot nothing. I really don't see how you can say I can't be avaluated anyway, I'm being overly verbose so far.

Strange how?

He protects himself more than sombedy else (as for me). Killers more frequent than citizens defence themselves a lot.

He argued a lot with Igor but didn't even asked me with same reasons, why I said that Barbie is innocent.

He was suspected by Joseph, so he would be great as the second person, who may be hanged up.

Damn it, 'he' equals 'you'.

Does this set of posts arouse anyone else's suspicions? I know it's only Day 1, but Garfield jumps right into the game with a blatant attempt to fit in, behaviorally. Maybe it's a little too obvious, but it definitely rubs me the wrong way and I want to keep an eye on this guy

Don't see it. Why do you think it looks like trying to fit in? (neither of those posts seem forced to me)

Starlin was good at what?

I like his anti Simba thesis. I've already mentioned it. I dislike he didn't voted him though.

And I know all would be laughing if I'm wrong, but I think Starlin is rather innocent.

If I recall correctly he was playing more carefully when was evil.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Edward., Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Igor, Joseph Starlin, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The mummy, Wonder Woman.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

4 votes for Joseph Starlin (Garfield, Wonder Woman, Puff the Magic Dragon, Igor)

2 votes for Edward. (Miss Marple, Showgirl Barbie)

1 vote for Garfield (Krakatoa)

1 vote for Showgirl Barbie (Edward.)

1 vote for Simba (Ernst Blofeld)

1 vote for Sooty (Humpty Dumpty)

1 vote for Wonder Woman (Joseph Starlin)

3 players have not voted: Simba, Sooty, The mummy.

Archived