AGOT Mafia Game n= May 2011.

House Targaryen

Your lack of paranoia is making me very concerned. Why aren't you pushing me more to explain my reads? Why are you so happy to accept me as town when you know I can do one liners as scum just as easily?

Also your long post lacks a Minatowntell. Need to think on this.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Edward., Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Igor, Joseph Starlin, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The mummy, Wonder Woman.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

4 votes for Joseph Starlin (Garfield, Wonder Woman, Puff the Magic Dragon, Igor)

2 votes for Simba (Ernst Blofeld, Sooty)

2 votes for Sooty (Simba, Krakatoa)

1 vote for Edward. (Showgirl Barbie)

1 vote for Ernst Blofeld (Miss Marple)

1 vote for Krakatoa (Edward.)

1 vote for Miss Marple (Humpty Dumpty)

1 vote for Wonder Woman (Joseph Starlin)

1 players have not voted: The mummy.

Approx 14 hours left. exact time left can be found in the link in my sig.

If your leaving for the night Please send in any night action provisonal PM's before you leave. Players like short nights.

It was mainly this post that gave me a strong read:

I've no idea how to read Krakota's 142. I mean, there's pretty much nothing I agree with in it, like at all. But stuff like 4 votes is a lot (when it's 8 to lynch) seems so weird to me, as I'd totally be happy with 2 or 3 more people piling on that wagon and seeing what happens as a result. But scum don't lie about stuff like that anyway, it's just completely alien to me.

I disagree with the list, not sure about him(?) being overly worried about it consisting of newer/unfamiliar players, shows he's thinking about his list, but it's the type of thing I'd be more likely to think about as scum (but I'm more impulsive than most so).

Gut town read on it I guess, even if it's ...not good?

Oh and I know of WJ. I do my homework, sometimes with the help of others admittedly.

Wait, are you saying Sotty's content is bad, or her timing is bad? I initially thought it was the first, but did you mean the second?

(I think there were others arguing with Kat's ranking.) Basically, it's the exact same thing I thought about Kat. On the one hand, her overconvoluted logic ranking people as scummy based solely on wagon position instead of behaviour was quite ridiculous. But on the other hand, it felt like a sincere attempt at analysis.

Fair enough that I'm usually more paranoid of you, though (although I did clear you midway through the last fast game). TBH, I tend to only question you on one-liner reads when I don't agree with them. (I actually wondered why exactly you thought Stalin was scum, mind you, or why you thought Dragon was more townish than Monday, but I thought I should bother with people who looked scummy, first.) But also, everyone else in the game is pestering you for explanation of your reads, so there's no point in me joining in, particularly when I'm familiar with your style.

The other player I'm leaning toward voting:

Interesting. So you found my signalling suspicious? Did you think it was a symp clue? Something else?

Then why didn't you vote for me, or say anything at the time?

I'm not really a tells kind of player, but I've found it a HUGE scumtell when someone compliments someone on an argument or on pointing out something suspicious or accurate, but doesn't give his own opinion of the player in question.

...um...you realize Ernst Blofeld was the FIRST vote on Simba?

This is a terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE vote. It looks like you just latched onto the word "opportunistic". Tell me, why did you find Blofeld's vote more opportunistic than Simba's?

Lany always looks somewhat suspicious, but I find that since RP ended, she's been very safe and floating. For example, she parroted the vote on Showgirl Barbie for going to night. I don't think she's given any hint of her suspicions other than the two posts I quoted.

For the record, I'm not even caught up, but I already want to announce that my current tinfoil hat theory is that Miss Marple is symping Simba. Really, I'm only announcing this on the off-chance that I'm right, so after we lose horribly, I can brag in Spoiler Heaven about how I nailed them on D1.

Oh, yeah, Marple? How many scum do you think we have? I know you've played in fourteen-player games before.

============================

Who's left? Stalin (was leaning innocent on him, but I only skimmed through the thread), Wonder Woman (comes across as though he has good intentions), Mexal (total null), and more on Blomfeld.

Remove vote

Going to reread the thread, but I'm waffling between Simba and Marple for my vote. Aargh. One of you do something that looks innocent, please.

What can I say? Old habits die hard---I either symp WJ or I fight him

I'll have a better idea in the morning (my morning :) )

By the way, since Kat was so kind as to remind me of my amazing, insightful 'synnp' find:

Still, here are my top 5 suspects of the moment:

1) Sooty

2) Igor

3) Puff

4) Garfield (a bit of a gut feeling, admittedly)

5) Ernst Blofield

There it is, right in the four corners! Clear proof! (The p is upside down.)

:devil:

I started writing a huge catch-up post, but I've barely got anywhere and at least a whole page has gone by. So I'll just post half of it for now. Here are just a bunch of random scattershot observations.

(emphasis mine)

This was #149. Igor's post that you now claim rang as innocent was #143 - less than half a page above, and not long before temporally. Yet in your huge catch-up post, you still call Igor "extremely innocent". :unsure:

edit: bolded 'syrnd' changed to underlined

Um, before you go to sleep, can you at least explain why you found Blofeld's vote opportunistic

EDIT: also, why didn't you find

any of the Stalin votes opportunistic?

Poor play on my part :P

Board kept going down and I was getting frustrated trying to post

Everyone always wants to lynch Malc on day one---he earned his votes---I left that alone, for now---want to see how it pans out (I stop suspecting him when I figure out who he is--much easier this time)

btw, my period button is broke, so no long post until after its fixed

This was #149. Igor's post that you now claim rang as innocent was #143 - less than half a page above, and not long before temporally. Yet in your huge catch-up post, you still call Igor "extremely innocent".:unsure:

Um...

First of all, that's a terrible argument, because I MENTION in that post, "Whoops, Kat posted while I was writing this, and that changes my entire read of her." But in all honesty, I can't remember if I saw that post of Faraday's before I hit submit on my catch-up post.

But obviously I found him innocent-looking before then (if you really want, I can quote even more innocent-sounding posts of his from earlier, but I don't see the point). Even so, I mentioned I had a couple of reservations with him--his Starlin vote, and his trusting of me.

I've since come out more decisively in favour of his innocence, which prompted his "why aren't you questioning me anymore?" comment. But really, I don't come to a conclusion the moment I see a post. It takes some time for the information to stew around in my mind. So it's hard to trace the exact development of my Faraday read to the instant. (Does this paragraph make any sense whatsoever? I know what I'm trying to say....)

Poor play on my part :P

Board kept going down and I was getting frustrated trying to post

Everyone always wants to lynch Malc on day one---he earned his votes---I left that alone, for now---want to see how it pans out (I stop suspecting him when I figure out who he is--much easier this time)

btw, my period button is broke, so no long post until after its fixed

Okay, seriously, give me a reason NOT to lynch you. Even if it has to wait to tomorrow morning.

By "poor play on your part," do you mean that you didn't notice Blomfeld wasn't an opportunistic voter? What made you decide to vote for him? Did you just skim, but notice Kat's post?

Um...

First of all, that's a terrible argument, because I MENTION in that post, "Whoops, Kat posted while I was writing this, and that changes my entire read of her." But in all honesty, I can't remember if I saw that post of Faraday's before I hit submit on my catch-up post.

But obviously I found him innocent-looking before then (if you really want, I can quote even more innocent-sounding posts of his from earlier, but I don't see the point). Even so, I mentioned I had a couple of reservations with him--his Starlin vote, and his trusting of me.

I've since come out more decisively in favour of his innocence, which prompted his "why aren't you questioning me anymore?" comment. But really, I don't come to a conclusion the moment I see a post. It takes some time for the information to stew around in my mind. So it's hard to trace the exact development of my Faraday read to the instant. (Does this paragraph make any sense whatsoever? I know what I'm trying to say....)

Okay, seriously, give me a reason NOT to lynch you. Even if it has to wait to tomorrow morning.

By "poor play on your part," do you mean that you didn't notice Blomfeld wasn't an opportunistic voter? What made you decide to vote for him? Did you just skim, but notice Kat's post?

Because I am innocent why are you being so blatantly hostile? I am really not liking your attitude---I was teasing lighten up a little and try to actually enjoy the game while allowing others to do the same

This thread needs more Sotty Sooty. And more Gertrude, too.

I was going to reread the thread and update my reads afterwards, but GOT5 is calling to me. Please smack me if you see me posting within the next hour.

I'm on the fence re: Lany's defence. This reminds me of a year-and-a-half-ago when I led a lynch on innocent Lany, and she was just very flippant and brushed off all my questions with a joke.

Aaaaah

Edit: that was cross-posted with Lany's most recent post.

Because I am innocent why are you being so blatantly hostile? I am really not liking your attitude---I was teasing lighten up a little and try to actually enjoy the game while allowing others to do the same

The first part was directed at kurokaze, by the way.

I genuinely did not intend to be hostile, and I'm sorry if my tone came across as overly aggressive.

But I'm literally being serious. I'm looking for a reason not to lynch you. I'm not saying that to be mean, or to insult your play. I'm asking for a reaction or answer that will show to me that you're innocent.

You made two posts that sounded like textbook FM posts. I voted you for them and asked you questions on your reasoning behind making those posts.

Your answers were very lighthearted, but flippant, and they didn't give me a glimpse into why Innocent!Lany would make those posts that I personally read as scummy.

So that's why I'd like to know why you thought my signal was suspicious, but didn't vote for me. Or why did you find Ernst's vote opportunistic? Did you notice the context of his vote? Did you just base your read off Kat's post? Is there something else that made you wary of him?

Preview edit: gah, cross-posted again? I didn't realize it was a joke. When you have time, could you give a serious answer to my other questions?

If 'poor play on your part' was just a joke and not an answer, that means twice you've dodged the question, providing no answer at all. If you don't want people hammering you until you answer the question, why not ... answer it?

But really, I don't come to a conclusion the moment I see a post. It takes some time for the information to stew around in my mind.

Right. Which is why it seems so unusual that the innocence was apparently well-established in your mind before the information had time to stew.

My FM list would be (in order of FMness, oh God this sounds so stupid): Edward, The mummy, Humpty Dumpty, Wonder Woman.

So I vote Edward

The top of your suspect list seems to include players who haven't posted much (or at least, hadn't posted much at that time). A few questions.

1) Is that the reason why they are on the list? If not, then what's the reason? And if it is, then why do you find that to be suspicious?

2) If that's the reason, then why aren't Sooty, Puff, and Garfield on the list?

I didn't fight his reads. I asked for an explanation, so we could get more information (about both him and the people he was commenting about). That's a pretty blatant misrepresentation of my posts.

Sooty

Do you have scum reads on any of the players Igor called town?

I'm starting to sense a playstyle difference here. I hunt townies as much as scum. I think it is just as important to know who you can trust. This is a team game after all.

I didn't fight his innocent reads. I fought the proclamation of innocence without explanation. There's a huge difference.

Break it down for me.

Krakatoa voting for Simba, back quickly off once called upon said vote and now defending him is all kinds of strange. The delayed vote on me is also poor. Words/actions don't mesh.

Krakatoa, why would I joke vote when I was already late to the game? It's just pointless time wasting really. I don't really get why you find that scummy. You seem to be suggesting I voted Simba to bandwagon him, well aren't you just doing the same thing to me right now?

I'm getting the feeling that I am missing something big when it comes to Simba's rep on this site. Am I wrong about that?

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Edward., Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Igor, Joseph Starlin, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The mummy, Wonder Woman.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

4 votes for Joseph Starlin (Garfield, Wonder Woman, Puff the Magic Dragon, Igor)

2 votes for Krakatoa (Edward., Sooty)

2 votes for Sooty (Simba, Krakatoa)

1 vote for Edward. (Showgirl Barbie)

1 vote for Ernst Blofeld (Miss Marple)

1 vote for Miss Marple (Humpty Dumpty)

1 vote for Simba (Ernst Blofeld)

1 vote for Wonder Woman (Joseph Starlin)

1 players have not voted: The mummy.

Approx 12 hours of daylight left

Dammit, today was the worst day for this game to start. Not enough time. Shifting my vote to a place more likely to get a lynch though

Krakatoa

I may or may not be awake again before the deadline.

In case you're still online...

Why do you think Krakatoa is more likely to get a lynch today than Simba? Both were at one vote not counting you. Which of the two do you suspect more?

I'm getting the feeling that I am missing something big when it comes to Simba's rep on this site. Am I wrong about that?

Hey, according to Malc, Mexal and I were worse D1 lynches than him, so apparently not. :P :devil:

can't sleep---less flippant answers

When one person directs a greeting to ONLY one other person, it is going to raise eyebrows

Some people might find it suspicious, others weird and others poor game play

I am in 2&3, but I RESPECT the right of others to find it suspicious, and will defend them for doing so (is that clear enough?)

Simba was the most vocal player, questioning everyone and everything---any vote on him at that point in the game is opportunistic, whether it is the first or third

it's been a while since we have had a game, might be a year for me---my play style has not changed from game one (nor have I gotten any better :P ) I like it loose and fun and when people get all in my face on day one it gets my hackles up

I like to win, but I like playing more

My character is a feisty flippant old lady, and I was liking posting like her---it does fit me

better?

plus, you know, my gut just seemed to say----vote him :P

Archived