AGOT Mafia Game n= May 2011.

House Targaryen

I'm totally gonna resist saying 'cos u wrong'.

Oh okay, the post your voting him for, I don't get it. It's not scummy, there's a lot of what I think is incorrect analysis, but it looks like a sincere attempt to analyse the gamestate. This is of course a whole load of waffle that could be covered by 'looks town to me'. The fixation on weird (comparative to what he's used to) seems more natural than say yours too, who seem to be just nitpicking for the sake of it without really seemingly in any way interested in figuring out my alignment.

Your summisation of me being able to get away with stuff is accurate in theory, but not really how I play. Also no more easy to change my mind than anyone else.

Your answer resorts to "this is how I play". Forgive me if I've never played with you and I don't play the mafiascum style of declaring people town or scum based on tells. I like to read reasoning, I like to analyze it and then I like to see if there are contradictions later in the game. If you're telling me he's town then change your mind to he's scum later in the game, I have nothing to go back to and see if you're staying consistent other than your "read". That's my issue with you. I want to know why you get reads, not just what the read is. At the moment, I don't know if you're innocent or guilty which is why I haven't tried to vote you.

Don't have a lot of time, because I need to get to work soon. A few points about Starlin.

Because, knowing you rather well, I think you ask questions of this kind only when you are guilty. When you are innocent, you usually find better points to investigate.

This is from early in the day. It's incorrect, and Malc should know that. I post a lot of crap on day 1, especially when innocent. Mostly just ask questions about whatever catches my eye and try to provoke people. While I try to be the same when evil, if I had to compare, I'd say I'm more careful when I have the FM role. Not less careful.

Now I see that Simba suspected Humpy of sending symp clue to Sooty; somehow I missed this yesterday. And I'd say Simba is probably the last player I'd expect looking for symp clues from.

Huh? Again, Starlin is wrong, and he should know it. First, again - I was only bringing up a minor point at the very start of the day. Second, I point out possible symp clues all the time. While they are a longshot, I've always thought them to be a very small but viable possibility ever since I won a game by catching a symp clue.

Which leaves Simba. Of couse I know it's virtually impossible to lynch him when he enters roar mode; but, actually, we need him in roar mode, if he is innocent.

I saw that Malc is denying it now, but the reality is that he has very frequently scolded people for voting against me on day 1. He has said things along the lines of "Whiskeyjack is too valuable to lynch on day 1 unless you are certain" (paraphrasing, but you get the point). This is a sharp departure from that position.

I just want to lynch a player I suspect mostly; by coincidence, it's him. And I think we might benefit from having a train on him whether he is guilty or not. Though, now I see he won't have much time to participate before sunset.

Again, very surprising that he'd vote for me right now without a strong suspicion of guilt.

About the rest.

Edward. - evidently, we may expected much more contribution from him, but I believe he is very busy nowadays. I'd give him benefit of doubt for today.

Ernst Blofeld - well, before the game he warned you he will do queer things. I suspect his vote on Simba was inspired mostly by trusting my judgement on a player whom I know and he doesn't. Which is null tell.

Humpty Dumpty - usual herself.

Krakatoa - usual herself.

Miss Marple - I always suspect her early, just like others usually suspect me. So I feel subjective and give her benefit of doubt also.

Showgirl Barbie - usual himself. His lack of contribution is undestandable, since he is totally unaccustomed to doing anything useful on day 1. We never lynch on day 1 here in Russia.

Sooty - since I distrust Simba, I trust her automatically. Perhaps, it's wrong, I'll reread her soon.

The mummy - usual herself.

Wonder Woman - I like his last posts.

Maybe I'm forgetting, but I can't remember the last time Malc posted a complete list of his player analysis on day 1. He's usually very reticent and only gives us limited thoughts this early. Really stands out to see him participating beyond that. Makes me think he's trying to please people and save himself.

Oh, I see. Overdefensive again.

Why I should questioning you if noone else support me on this? Or what types of questions do you expect? I see the lurking FM and I vote. It's as simple as rolling off a log.

I think you and I have completely different ideas of what overdefensive means.

If you want to see if I'm innocent or guilty, question me. Ask me who my suspects are. Ask me why I think one person is not guilty and another is guilty. Ask me what I think about player x, y, z. The reason you do this is to not only determine if I'm guilty, but to also connect me to other players later in the game. You're playing shortsighted or you're not really interested in finding FM. Either way, your absolutely useless at the moment.

Anyway, on my phone at the moment so these posts are bloody hard.

Shit, um, I accidentally posted those quotes out of order.

Take two:

Hey, Simba, what changed from this:

Malc had already voted for you at that point.

I just posted all of the things he did while I was sleeping that made me suspicious.

Targ, maybe my joke wasn't clear. My snarky comment that "Sooty is not spelled S-I-M-B-A" was because you listed me as voting for Sooty instead of Simba in the vote count.

So in other words:

Simba

I don't suppose there's any chance that if I rushed out a case on him before the deadline, this would work?

Because I'm getting increasingly confident in this vote. He is far and away my strongest scum FM/symp read. Virtually everything he's said all game sounds as though he's either throwing dirt on someone or just posting for the sake of looking busy. He doesn't seem to believe in anything he's saying. Usually, he's logical, but he's also passionate and aggressive and straightforward. Half the players in the game seem to suspect him to some extent. But no one wants to vote him, not because of his ingame actions, but because they're afraid to vote Whiskeyjack on D1. And I hate that even I was afraid to vote him at first, even though I'd probably find him scummy if I didn't know his alt, and that he'll wriggle out of the lynch for the rest of the game by going, "I technically haven't made a logical contradiction in any of my posts yet, so if you suspect me, you're wrong."

If no one wants to vote Simba, would you guys be up to just switching to someone like Dragon? Blofeld and Starlin I feel are innocent (more confident on Blofeld, but Stalin reminding me that it's down to him or Blofeld is also a point in his favour). Dragon is completely unreadable at this point. It would basically just be lynching him now instead of leaving him for endgame

On a side note, I pretty much felt the same way as Igor about Edward's posts, except Edward has grown on me a bit because I've agreed with much of what he's said over the past few pages about Blofeld and Stalin.

preview-edit: Hang on, haven't read Simba's most recent posts.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Edward, Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Igor, Joseph Starlin, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The Mummy, Wonder Woman.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

5 votes for Ernst Blofeld (Miss Marple, The Mummy, Krakatoa, Wonder Woman, Joseph Starlin)

4 votes for Joseph Starlin (Garfield, Puff the Magic Dragon, Igor, Simba)

3 votes for Krakatoa (Edward, Sooty, Ernst Blofeld)

1 vote for Edward (Showgirl Barbie)

1 vote for Simba (Humpty Dumpty)

1 hour 18 mins

Omg, Malc, you really want to kill me. :D

I want 1) to stay alive and 2) to lynch somebody.

I've seen a lot of examples where lynching failed because people started to flip-flop during last 1-2 hours. I don't want to have such experience again. So third train is out of question for me for now.

It is written in his sig.

And it was discussed in the intro thread.

It is NOT in the intro, the intro says [weird symbol]opa

eta: I looked at his sig, and it is not there either---his sig says that the avatar was created by La Garde de Nuit, same as mine

Goddammit, I actually agree with a lot of what WJ said in that post on Malc, mind you. Some of those were things I'd noticed that made me paranoid about him (such as his verbosity), although I'd assumed the Simba vote was mostly for the reaction.

Fuck.

Your answer resorts to "this is how I play". Forgive me if I've never played with you and I don't play the mafiascum style of declaring people town or scum based on tells. I like to read reasoning, I like to analyze it and then I like to see if there are contradictions later in the game. If you're telling me he's town then change your mind to he's scum later in the game, I have nothing to go back to and see if you're staying consistent other than your "read". That's my issue with you. I want to know why you get reads, not just what the read is. At the moment, I don't know if you're innocent or guilty which is why I haven't tried to vote you.

You probably shouldn't assume I'm the 'mafiascum way of playing', I think the site as a whole would be greatly insulted.

I don't use 'tells' either (well for the most part). If I use tell it's shorthand for 'this is more likely to come from town/scum in this context'. I'll probably let you know why I change a read if it's that big of a shift anyway, I mean I've not even done that yet and you're already worrying about it. See it's weird. It makes you look like you're trying the bad guys, but really? I don't see it so far in most of your posts.

The frustration with Barbie is looking genuine from everyone, I'm sort of ignoring most things . His reads aren't that bad at least, so yeah. Can we not find something more interesting than his name though?

I'd totally skim a Simba case, Mina. Oh you've changed your mind, how irksome.

I want 1) to stay alive and 2) to lynch somebody.

I've seen a lot of examples where lynching failed because people started to flip-flop during last 1-2 hours. I don't want to have such experience again. So third train is out of question for me for now.

Malc. Are you kidding me? I can't choose who you are. I suspect you, but it's not enough to say that you are FM.

Tell me please, once more, do you really suspect me? What do you think about me and my behavior?

Simba

I don't suppose there's any chance that if I rushed out a case on him before the deadline, this would work?

Because I'm getting increasingly confident in this vote. He is far and away my strongest scum FM/symp read. Virtually everything he's said all game sounds as though he's either throwing dirt on someone or just posting for the sake of looking busy. He doesn't seem to believe in anything he's saying. Usually, he's logical, but he's also passionate and aggressive and straightforward.

Sorry, Mina, but you're pretty fucking clueless. You know how you are pretty much always wrong about your suspicions? You know how after the game, you always say you should have done the opposite of what you actually did? Yeah...this is one of those times.

Or you're just evil.

It is NOT in the intro, the intro says [weird symbol]opa

eta: I looked at his sig, and it is not there either---his sig says that the avatar was created by La Garde de Nuit, same as mine

I mean his real account. I think we should stop it, if we don't want to offend each other. I won't use this variant of his nickname more.

Archived