AGOT Mafia Game n= May 2011.

House Targaryen

In English "I think he knows X" means both of these things simultaneously:

- I think he believes X

- X is true

Language barrier? :dunno: I won't give you a free pass to say whatever you like and retract it later because you claim you meant something else. You get to do that no more and no less than anyone else.

No more about this.

I've answered. And thing that you pointed is not a feature of English. Just you wrong. And I think that it was obvious what I meant to say, since other meaning just doesn't make any sense. So why did you bring all that shit up? It seems you don't have any other stuff to do.

I GOT MY EYE ON YOU. <_<

I think what the problem is, this is a TEAM game, not an individual one

When someone votes where they truly feel and REFUSE to help the innocent team get it's lynch, they are seen to be not helping the innocents, therefore they are suspicious

I said more than once that Starlin was innocent, I KNEW in my gut he was innocent, but when the clock hit 10 minutes, I voted him

It was a much better option than going to night with no results

I really don't think Barbie is guilty, just too stubborn to play with the team

When someone votes where they truly feel and REFUSE to help the innocent team get it's lynch, they are seen to be not helping the innocents, therefore they are suspicious

I said more than once that Starlin was innocent, I KNEW in my gut he was innocent, but when the clock hit 10 minutes, I voted him

That's how misslynches always happens. 10 minutes, hour, day - doesn't make any difference. I fight till last minute.

Also, this time IMO "lynch in all costs" strategy benefits only FMs.

Hey, folks: how are you making a re-reads? Is tere any helpful things like "display posts by user"?

Hey, folks: how are you making a re-reads? Is tere any helpful things like "display posts by user"?

there is a little square next to the person's name, click that, in that box, at the bottom, the right most icon is "find content" click that, and you will get all the post made by that person

I think what the problem is, this is a TEAM game, not an individual one

It was a much better option than going to night with no results

I really don't think Barbie is guilty, just too stubborn to play with the team

Why do you feel it is better to lynch someone you KNOW is innocent (as opposed to someone you believe is guilty or someone you are on the fence about) than to go to night?

Also, I'm confused about Simba. How can any of you feel confident that he is innocent? He is supposed to be an exceptional Mafia player, right? Why do you believe that he isn't FM? What do you feel he would be doing differently if he was FM?

Why do you feel it is better to lynch someone you KNOW is innocent (as opposed to someone you believe is guilty or someone you are on the fence about) than to go to night?

Also, I'm confused about Simba. How can any of you feel confident that he is innocent? He is supposed to be an exceptional Mafia player, right? Why do you believe that he isn't FM? What do you feel he would be doing differently if he was FM?

Knowing in your gut is not the same a "Knowing" for FACT

When you get the results, you can then look at who was voting him, who was pushing his case, who was he arguing with, who thought him innocent (depending on the situation, that could be a good place to look for FM)

But with no lynch and no results you get no information

Ok folks, since the killers and or healer and or guard or whatever can't get their shit together in a timely manner, I am out again for a large chunk of time. I fully expect night to end approximately 3 minutes after this post so that you all can get a full day of sleuthing in without me. I hate you.

The one big thing I noticed when trying to find a pattern in the voting is that not one, but two players in my 'quiet liability' category voted Starlin early and held on to the bandwagon the whole time. I'm going to give that a look.

Also, I practically forgot Sooty existed. Sooty, speak or face consequences.

Garfield:

At risk of sounding defensive, voting for me does seem kid of scummy. This can be a pretty intimidating game for a n00b. Calling out a new person for sounding suspicious/trying to hard to fit in when they haven't said much is a great way to make sure new people keep quiet and hesitant. And quiet people tend to get lynched, am I right?

<_< I threw my vote at you in the beginning just to sort of get the ball rolling. Is that considered opportunistic? I didn't have anything especially insightful to add to the conversation, so I gave the pot a stir. All the subsequent votes for you seem a tad shady to me. Seems like they were just trying to pile it on. Haven't removed the vote yet because I wanted to see what you'd say when you came back. I am on the fence about you.

[edited for clarity]

Garfield voted Starlin early on and kept that vote the entire day. While it's on there, and while Starlin has a train four deep, she posted the former post above, calling out Kat. She did not switch her vote to Kat, however, staying on the Starlin train without a word why (beyond the original vote, which wasn't very content-ful). Then she explained her reasoning for voting Starlin - she wanted to stir the pot. You know, like when someone votes a quiet/shy/new person who hasn't said much. Which Garfield said was EEEEVIL when Kat did it. After explaining that, she said nothing more until night.

[end edited]

We have nothing that tells us Garfield's opinion of anyone other than Starlin, Kat, and Simba, plus an observation about The Mummy and SGB that didn't say anything regarding her opinion of their guilt/innocence/nullness.

Why didn't you vote Kat? What's your read on Ernst Blofeld? Miss NambleMarple?

Puff:

Clearly overwhelmed and saying essentially nothing. OMGUS against Joseph Starlin. Then just explains that reasoning, asks people why they are jumping off that wagon, and issues a WIFOM preemptive defense about how he must be innocent because he is not following a crowd - despite that either way, he is in the crowd, and not leading.

Puff has given absolutely no opinions on anything other than lynching Joseph Starlin and his own reasoning for doing so.

As much as I hate full suspect lists, due to his extreme negligence in having opinions about anything I am requesting Puff's opinion on the guilt, innocence, or nullness of every single remaining player, including some quantity of reasoning for each. If you will not or cannot comply, please at least tell me your reads on Ernst Blofeld and Simba.

--

ETA: Igor has also done much the same - sticking on Starlin, that is - but I'm less worried about him for now. It's likely that we find an FM among our quiet liabilities but not so much the loud ones. And since they are so loud it's much more likely they'll slip; we don't need to poke so hard.

Late edit: noticed one of my paragraphs was extremely unclear/poorly worded, original is in spoiler

Garfield voted Starlin early on and kept that vote the entire day. While it's on there, and while Starlin has a train four deep, she posted the former post above, calling out Kat for a vote with similar reasoning to the one she herself had made. She did not switch her vote to Kat, however, staying on the Starlin train without a word why (beyond the original vote, which wasn't very content-ful). Then she said nothing more until night.

There is a sudden loud defening blast of thunder, so loud an defening it wakes you all up then knocks you back down again.

When you come too you notice Igor has been implaled by a bolt of lightening. You can see it still sticking out of his corpse. (yes this game uses bad hollywood science in its sceans)

Igor is dead. he was not a killer.

I am still looking for a replacement, I am confident I will find one soon.

It is day 2.

12 players remain: Edward, Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The Mummy, Wonder Woman.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

12 players have not voted: Edward, Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The Mummy, Wonder Woman.

Back. <_<

Garfield voted Starlin early on and kept that vote the entire day. While it's on there, and while Starlin has a train four deep, she posted the former post above, calling out Kat. She did not switch her vote to Kat, however, staying on the Starlin train without a word why (beyond the original vote, which wasn't very content-ful). Then she explained her reasoning for voting Starlin - she wanted to stir the pot. You know, like when someone votes a quiet/shy/new person who hasn't said much. Which Garfield said was EEEEVIL when Kat did it. After explaining that, she said nothing more until night.

This is something that bothers me about Garfield. I specifically asked him how comfortable he was leaving his vote on Starlin even though when he posted it, it was the first vote, and he came back to find 3 others on there as well.

I know he's new and I should cut him some slack for this, but I kind of get the feeling that he decided to leave his vote on Starlin because it was the largest lynch mob and there weren't many people around who had said they wanted to lynch me, while others-- specifically the Mummy, and Simba (I think- need to go back and check) had shown willingness to move the Starlin vote forward. This is sort of advanced newbie reasoning, but who knows, if he's evil maybe his partner told him to leave it there. But it bothers me, because this is Garfield's only reasoning for keeping his vote in place:

All the subsequent votes for you seem a tad shady to me. Seems like they were just trying to pile it on. Haven't removed the vote yet because I wanted to see what you'd say when you came back. I am on the fence about you.

That being said, I haven't been able to make myself remove my vote for some reason. Hate to say it's a gut feeling, but it is what it is. Maybe they voted for you for the same reason I haven't removed my vote yet.

And then he goes to bed.

There's not much of a case to be made on Garfield because he doesn't post much, but what there is I find worrisome.

The Starlin vote seemed to be about half people who actually suspected him and half bandwagon. Which I admit is going to be true for a lot of early lynches, but this was the first lynch mob to get to 4 people and ended up the lynch based partly on apathy.

Don't really suspect Miss Marple despite late vote for someone she thought was innocent. In the end, someone had to do it. Better information than no information, and having someone almost get lynched and then stopped is just a distraction on later days.

Sorry about the vote for you, Ernst. I will say that you were on my suspect list, but due to timing, I voted for you because the momentum on my other suspect seemed to be nonexistent. I still suspect people who think Simba is evil. :worried:

By the way, I chose Puff over Garfield because of what you call "advanced newbie reasoning". I feel that the Garfield-is-evil scenario involves some surprising insights from the brand-new player, and so the probability is just lower with her than with the guy who visibly flounders and overreacts and does nothing to help the team.

I'm a little slow, but I figured out what Humpty-D was talking about:

Malc is definitely a very insightful player, but I've learned to not expect much from him on day 1. He usually doesn't get going until later.

Reading back over his posts, the one thing that stands out to me is his response to my question toward Mina, followed by his inaccurate assessment of how I play when innocent/evil. But those are just minor things, and right now he's only in the middle of my suspect list.

Now I see that Simba suspected Humpy of sending symp clue to Sooty; somehow I missed this yesterday. And I'd say Simba is probably the last player I'd expect looking for symp clues from.

Ok, after some rereading I have to admit that none of three directly agreed with WW. Puff and Garfield gave one reason each, both same as WW's reason, but I can believe they found those reasons by themselves.

Except of this, both contributed nothing, and it would be hard to prefer one to another.

Igor just said I would be good lynch because my guilt would mean Humpty's innocence. Which isn't valid reason at all. You can't lynch a person just because it gives some connection info (even if it actually gives).

I generally dislike Igor's play, but accept Hmpty's statement that it's his ususal innocent play, for a while (I don't remember much about Igor's play myself).

Which leaves Simba. Of couse I know it's virtually impossible to lynch him when he enters roar mode; but, actually, we need him in roar mode, if he is innocent.

I have to admit that this is a really shoddy reason to vote Simba, the previous one, weird play by Simba, is not

Simba knows Starlin better than I do, and yet I was pretty sure he was innocent

After Starlin accused Simba, Simba helped take him out---look at what the first thing Simba said about Starlin "Malc is definitely a very insightful player"

Was he too insightful?

At this point 3 people are voting Starlin, I know only one is totally new, so it is not a serious train

ErnstB adds the 4th vote

He also knows that attacking me on day 1 makes people think you are crazy/innocent. Kind of WIFOM at this point. Same goes for Mina's attack.

Nothing he says indicts Starlin

I had blind trust in Simba for the start of the game, but I think he was WAY off base here

Really, I am starting this day with Simba as my main suspect

Archived