AGOT Mafia Game n= May 2011.

House Targaryen

By the way, I chose Puff over Garfield because of what you call "advanced newbie reasoning". I feel that the Garfield-is-evil scenario involves some surprising insights from the brand-new player, and so the probability is just lower with her than with the guy who visibly flounders and overreacts and does nothing to help the team.

Yeah....but isn't Puff the person who we may be waiting on a replacement for? We might get a modkill and a free reading if no one's waiting in the wings...

"oops" what?

kill the wrong person?

Check the last paragraph of the last post with content before dawn. :dunce:

Yeah....but isn't Puff the person who we may be waiting on a replacement for? We might get a modkill and a free reading if no one's waiting in the wings...

Is it Puff? I figured it was Sooty. I didn't check times.

ETA: Puff last posted about 10 hours ago, Sooty 20.

*crickets*

Anyone actually here?

Not sure what to make of night kill. Igor posted a lot and had lots of lists of probable innocents, but whatever tells he uses to determine his lists are completely opaque to me, although obviously I'm glad I am one of the proclaimed good guys, or whatever.

I wish there were a mafiascum-to-other-person brain translator. :worried:

It is day 2.

12 players remain: Edward, Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Krakatoa, Miss Marple, Puff the Magic Dragon, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The Mummy, Wonder Woman.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

1 vote for Garfield (Krakatoa)

1 vote for Puff the Magic Dragon (Puff the Magic Dragon)

10 players have not voted: Edward, Ernst Blofeld, Garfield, Humpty Dumpty, Miss Marple, Showgirl Barbie, Simba, Sooty, The Mummy, Wonder Woman.

OK, really important question here: Who the heck is Sooty? Is it a UK thing?

I followed early on in the game but haven't had a chance to catch up on the 20 gazillion posts you guys have made since then. I'm going to need some time to catch up, or, better yet, I won't and just pretend like I did ;)

Yes its a British thing - although has been exported.

You don't know who Sooty is? What about Sweep? Sue? and of course Mathew?

*wipes tear* You where a deprived child.

from Wikki

Sooty's personality fluctuates between kindness, cheekiness, and downright naughtiness, very often misinterpreting things said or suggested by Harry*, Matthew or Soo (possibly intentionally). He plays the xylophone and keeps a wand with which he performs magic. This is accompanied by the catchphrase "Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!" His water pistol is also an icon - Matthew usually on the end of a soaking, although even royalty have fallen foul of the water

*I'm not old enough to remeber Harry.

I need to take a break from this game, because it's stressing me out. To be honest, twenty-eight hours isn't enough time to reflect.

So the bad news is that I'm sad Sotty dropped out, and she never answered my question about her weird switch from Simba to Krakatoa.

The good news is that we're going to figure out within an hour what Halo's alignment is. :P

Sorry about the vote for you, Ernst. I will say that you were on my suspect list, but due to timing, I voted for you because the momentum on my other suspect seemed to be nonexistent. I still suspect people who think Simba is evil. :worried:

*twitch*

...please enlighten me on this.

Is this still because Simba was a "convenient" place to park one's vote for someone unfamiliar with his meta, at the time Malc reached four votes? Or do you suspect the later Simba voters as well? Is Simba so obviously innocent that no one could genuinely think WJ would play this way as an FM? Is he still an easy target?

Hey, Edward, I take it you didn't make it back to a computer yet?

You're the very last person I'd expect to call WJ confidently innocent on D1. Didn't you predict an epic battle with him?

...Ugh. I really don't have the heart to make a Simba case right now, particularly when there are at least three players who are almost impossible to read.

I wish there were a mafiascum-to-other-person brain translator. :worried:

I'll just quote something Igor said:

You probably shouldn't assume I'm the 'mafiascum way of playing', I think the site as a whole would be greatly insulted.

Simba knows Starlin better than I do, and yet I was pretty sure he was innocent

After Starlin accused Simba, Simba helped take him out---look at what the first thing Simba said about Starlin "Malc is definitely a very insightful player"

Was he too insightful?

At this point 3 people are voting Starlin, I know only one is totally new, so it is not a serious train

ErnstB adds the 4th vote

Nothing he says indicts Starlin

I had blind trust in Simba for the start of the game, but I think he was WAY off base here

Really, I am starting this day with Simba as my main suspect

Did you miss my post when I stated my reason for voting Starlin? You seem like you want to give an account of what happened at the end of the day. You quote one of my posts, and claim that I don't say anything to "indict" Starlin. Yet you ignored all of my main points against him, which were in this post.

Have to say, your sudden suspicion of me when the momentum is starting to swing against me is....convenient.

Reading 100 posts at a time then commenting... I don't know if I will be able to devote that much time to the game tonight as I too have competing entertainment interests (namely LA Noire).

Puff is probably town, fyi.

Barbie's still clogging up the thread with a lot of irrelevant posting that's boring to read. But is probably town.

Maybe this is answered later on and I just haven't gotten to it yet, but is there any reasoning behind Igor's statement about Puff? I assume it's based on them knowing each other from RL/other forums, but that seems like a premature declaration.

Wish he was still in the game so I could directly question him on it, because to me Puff's vote of Starlin looks pretty suspicious:

*shakes head* There is alot of arguing going on here. I did not like how Joseph Starlin wanted me to go on the defense when all i was doing was inquiring who and what is going on.

Perhaps he fleshes out his reasoning later on, but my disjointed read of the forum right now (namely the first 100 posts and then the end of day 1) reads it as a little suspicious.

Sooty is clearly an evil evil sympathizer of Moral Celery! I'm not sure if it's Krakatoa or Puff the Magic Dragon who is his vile master, but Sooty is clearly one of their spawn. And innocents don't spawn.

Remind me, what was the last game Kuro/WW played? Could it be he's been gone from the game so long that he doesn't realize signaling to a bunch of people early on in the game is passe?

I know it's probably just pointless RP, but I do wonder why an innocent would deliberately try to muddy the waters as he's done here (and yes, I realize the irony of me of all people pointing this out).

I want to reread the thread, but extremely rough and arbitrary tiers off the top of my head...

Simba

Dragon, Sooty, Monday (I didn't like his reaction to Starlin's flip, so I'm moving him back here), Edward

{Here there's a large gap, because I don't want to lynch anyone below here}

Mummy, Wonder Woman

Marple (this is gut based on her reaction to Malc), Krakatoa

Blomfeld, Barbie

I keep changing my mind on the placement of the players in the bottom tiers, though.

Your turn, Simba. What are your tiers?

...please enlighten me on this.

Is this still because Simba was a "convenient" place to park one's vote for someone unfamiliar with his meta, at the time Malc reached four votes? Or do you suspect the later Simba voters as well? Is Simba so obviously innocent that no one could genuinely think WJ would play this way as an FM? Is he still an easy target?

For the first part, yes, I feel that Simba was a convenient vote earlier on Day 1. I don't suspect you for voting for Simba, really, because you seem to be steeped in paranoia way more than some others in the game as evidenced by putting off voting for a long time.

Maybe I should question my assumption that Simba is innocent, but I really can't shake the feeling, and now I feel like it's going to be a distraction today from other things. I wish there weren't a healer option in this game, sorry Simba, but you're so distracting when you're alive. It just makes people paranoid, like Miss Marple and Mummy. :bang: Not me yet, but give me another day or 12 hours or something and I'll probably be banging my head against that wall some more.

You make a good point about Edward, though. Even though I think Barbie's list of tells and clues is wrong (I have my own crazy list, thank you!) Edward has worried me because of his low profile. He also accused me of following Simba on day 1 and then inexplicably started declaring Simba and Malc/Starlin innocent, exactly the same thing I was doing. Hypocritical, much?

The one big thing I noticed when trying to find a pattern in the voting is that not one, but two players in my 'quiet liability' category voted Starlin early and held on to the bandwagon the whole time. I'm going to give that a look.

Also, I practically forgot Sooty existed. Sooty, speak or face consequences.

Garfield:

Garfield voted Starlin early on and kept that vote the entire day. While it's on there, and while Starlin has a train four deep, she posted the former post above, calling out Kat. She did not switch her vote to Kat, however, staying on the Starlin train without a word why (beyond the original vote, which wasn't very content-ful). Then she explained her reasoning for voting Starlin - she wanted to stir the pot. You know, like when someone votes a quiet/shy/new person who hasn't said much. Which Garfield said was EEEEVIL when Kat did it. After explaining that, she said nothing more until night.

[end edited]

We have nothing that tells us Garfield's opinion of anyone other than Starlin, Kat, and Simba, plus an observation about The Mummy and SGB that didn't say anything regarding her opinion of their guilt/innocence/nullness.

Why didn't you vote Kat? What's your read on Ernst Blofeld? Miss NambleMarple?

I didn't vote for Krak because while I did (and still do) suspect her, I suspected Starlin too and was not ready to remove my vote from him. I meant to get back in time to go over the thread before day ended, but life got in the way. It's been one of those days. Looking back though, I'm sad to say that I more than likely would have let my vote stand anyhow. My gut said he was fishy and we apparently had to vote someone off.

BTW, how is me stirring the pot (voting for Starlin) at all like what I suggested Kat might be doing? Are you suggesting that I was out to intimidate Starlin into suspicious looking silence?

I will do a bit of rereading and give you my opinion on Ernst & Marple shortly. I need to think on it. Posts are kind of blending together and I think have a few questions to address.

BTW, how is me stirring the pot (voting for Starlin) at all like what I suggested Kat might be doing? Are you suggesting that I was out to intimidate Starlin into suspicious looking silence?

What you suggested Kat was doing (intimidating you into silence) isn't supported by the text, and is thus irrelevant. What Kat actually did (voted a quiet player who seemed to be trying to 'fit in' - the distinction of being voted keeps you from fitting in as well and provokes you to respond, in other words it 'stirs the pot') is quite like what you did.

WW knows where it's at.

:uhoh: Why do I feel like you're setting me up for a fall somehow? :uhoh: :uhoh: :uhoh:

While we're on the subject of random-seeming callouts, I'll answer SootyHalo's question to me:

I don't consider callouts 'good play', but I believe getting the game moving and making it fun (fun means more posting which means more information) is more important than playing 'correctly'. I learned this from someone in particular. :cheers:

I didn't think that anyone would consider making joke avatar/name-based connections to be an unusual thing though.

Yeah, you know all that thing called reading the thread that you're supposed to do in order to make cases and actually get a read on people? Might be awhile before I do that...

It would help me a million if people would list their suspects in tiers if they haven't already done so, along with giving the rationale on their top suspects.

Also, if there's been any big cases made at this point --particularly on Simba and WW -- I'd appreciate it if people would point out the post numbers.

Sorry, I know I'm being lazy even by my standards, but to be honest I was *this* close to asking to be spoiled because I thought it was too late in the game for a replacement. It's A LOT of reading :P

Archived