AGOT Mafia Game n= May 2011.

House Targaryen

Well, I'm going to bed. I'll revisit this in the morning. I vote we keep playing. It's my first game :crying:

My first game blew up too; that's what I was referencing when I said I was symp to two opposing finders.

Of course, it was designed to blow up. But I got to blow the whistle on it and that was pretty cool.

ETA: I won't know for sure until I see spoilers, but I don't think this game really blew up before it was pretty much decided. So it's satisfying enough - to me, for now.

As long as I get to see spoilers and confirm that.

Mods, could you at least tell us for sure that you're not opening the spoiler thread tonight?

It's for sure.

In fact, I am quite sure that both sides still might win this game regardless of recent incident. And I think it's viable reason to continue.

Mods, could you at least tell us for sure that you're not opening the spoiler thread tonight? If you really think that by us waiting til morning will change our minds, then tell us that too so we can stop hanging around.

Will second this.

Please let us know either way.

My first game blew up too; that's what I was referencing when I said I was symp to two opposing finders.

Of course, it was designed to blow up. But I got to blow the whistle on it and that was pretty cool.

Which game was this because I really thought you were talking about the evil mod game and I thought it was Faceless Man that first said it out loud.

Which game was this because I really thought you were talking about the evil mod game and I thought it was Faceless Man that first said it out loud.

IIRC, I said it and nobody believed me and then someone else confirmed it.

Or someone else said it and nobody believed them and I confirmed it.

One of those.

IIRC, I said it and nobody believed me and then someone else confirmed it.

Or someone else said it and nobody believed them and I confirmed it.

One of those.

You were one of the symps and I was the other one. Thats all I remember.

Well, I do remember someone saying it (probably you) and everyone else was all like ' we're gonna play and assume it's not since we can't know'. Then it blew up later during the counter-finder debacle. You might think this was the only time two actual finders counter-claimed each other thinking they'd found evil, but you'd be wrong.

I don't know. I'm not really objective on this, because I'd thought it was really obviously Gert (and I was actually starting to suspect Marple was the symp if there was a living one). I would have voted for Mummy tomorrow, anyway.

There were a lot of other really inflammatory remarks on day one too - I think she called one of my arguments 'fucking terrible' or something. Keep in mind she has no idea who I am or what I'm like.

Sorry. :( Was I really that rude this game?

I should confess that I'm not that nice. Once off-site, I did call someone an "utter fucking moron" when I was evil. In my defence, I'd been in a bad position and genuinely annoyed by his misinterpretation of my post. But yeah, I can be tactless.

Well, I do remember someone saying it (probably you) and everyone else was all like ' we're gonna play and assume it's not since we can't know'. Then it blew up later during the counter-finder debacle. You might think this was the only time two actual finders counter-claimed each other thinking they'd found evil, but you'd be wrong.

I actually designed my semi-evil game with the intent of making this happen.

I have no recollection whatsoever about what actually happened, except that it was horribly unbalanced.

You were one of the symps and I was the other one. Thats all I remember.

I was a finder partnered with Jaime, who happened to be the finder the other finder team would find 'evil' if investigated. Just for the record, that was a team of three finders and that was perfectly normal.

It's for sure.

In fact, I am quite sure that both sides still might win this game regardless of recent incident. And I think it's viable reason to continue.

This throws me off even more, because I'd thought the innocents had this in the bag.

Sorry. :( Was I really that rude this game?

I should confess that I'm not that nice. Once off-site, I did call someone an "utter fucking moron" when I was evil. In my defence, I'd been in a bad position and genuinely annoyed by his misinterpretation of my post. But yeah, I can be tactless.

I didn't find it rude at all, actually. But I'm very idiosyncratic in what insults me. You said it was a fucking terrible argument; that's a valid opinion. In fact, it applies to 95% of all text in Mafia Day Ones. You didn't say anything about me as a person, and I had nothing invested in it (which you probably could tell to an extent) so it was no big.

But lots of people would have been really offended, and you don't know me. (ETA: So an FM would have to be [here comes a personal insult to a nonexistent person] pretty damn terrible [or superhuman] to say it.)

So you're confirming it's Garfield, Kat, or Mummy? Thanks.

I don't confirm anything.

In fact, if you all don't want to continue playing normally anymore, you may wait until morning and then play in chat manner. Spped lynch somebody, speed kill somebody, so torth until a win. It would take hour or two.

Archived