[BOOK SPOILERS] EP104 Discussion, Take Two

I'd imagine he went to the brothel with Theon and Company: peer pressure more than anything else. Plus it establishes that Jon has a thing for redheads.

Decent theory. Wish the scriptwriters would have added something like that to his monologue.

Why would Jon wanna sleep with a whore??

Isn't that a little beneath him? And even if it wasn't - wouldn't he rather try to get it on with a... nonwhore-girl? Does he get a kick out of paying for it? I don't really see this guy struggling much to get any.

It seems they only made his "girlfriend" Roz, just so they could mention Roz again . which is a pretty bad reason.

Well one it's pretty standard for men to sleep with whores, and who exactly is going to be his girlfriend? He's a bastard, so he's not going to get any noble girl. Is he sneaking out to the town and stealing kisses from peasant girls? Doesn't seem like his style. All in all it seems pretty plausible, especially since it was already established that Theon went to this brothel.

Maybe this is getting a tad pedantic, but every single person who saw Hugh preparing for that joust is just as responsible for him dying in the show as Gregor is. There's a big difference between wearing that stupid helm with its tiny visor (offering NO protection to his face and neck) than putting on a gorget wrong (as in the books). New knight or no, that was just beyond dumb. I had high hopes for the costuming, perhaps unrealistically, that it would be as realistic as it seemed to be portrayed in the books.

Well one it's pretty standard for men to sleep with whores, and who exactly is going to be his girlfriend? He's a bastard, so he's not going to get any noble girl. Is he sneaking out to the town and stealing kisses from peasant girls? Doesn't seem like his style. All in all it seems pretty plausible, especially since it was already established that Theon went to this brothel.

Did I miss something? Where was it said or shown that Jon wanted to sleep with Roz? Are we simply talking about boy chit chat at Winterfell that was mentioned early on in GoT?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived