[BOOK SPOILERS] Your favourite moment in GoT so far?

Arya The Assassin

What is your favourite moment in GoT so far?

Try to restrict yourself to one moment (I'm not talking about "Top 10" lists). You may of course add new favourite moments later as new episodes are being aired. It doesn't matter what the reason is (a line of dialogue, prop, visual effect, piece of acting, musical cue, etc.), as long as there's something about the moment that you really like.

By 'moment' I refer specifically to shots or scenes. Sequences do not really count as a 'moment' (strictly speaking), but if you really like a certain sequence, you're welcome to mention it as well.

It's difficult to pick a single favourite, but I really liked the scene with Tyrion and Jon in episode one (this exchange of lines is almost taken verbatim from the book):

Tyrion: Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.

Jon: What the hell do you know about being a bastard?

Tyrion: All dwarfs are bastards in their father's eyes.

I got the idea for this topic from the official Facebook-page, BTW (it turns out that their post has received over 2800 comments so far, much more than the usual 100-200).

Well, if I have to choose just one I'd have to go with the water dancing scene when Ned walks in. The look on his face gets me every time. I actually get chills just thinking about it.

So many to choose from! Re-watching it on HBO GO for the gazillionth time, I laughed out loud when the king and procession were making their way into Winterfell and Ayra donned that huge goofy helmet and climbed up on a wagon to watch, a totally smug and happy expression on her face. And laughed again when Ned saw her with the helmet on. He did a double-take, face went blank, like WTF? And yanked it off her head.

I'm gonna cheat and name two, both Tyrion scenes:

Breakfast with his siblings at Winterfell. You really get how well he gets along with Tommen and Myrcella, and Jaime as well, even though Cersei disapproves.

And Tyrion bitchslapping Joffrey makes me happy. :D

Tough call...I'd say as of episode 4, it's probably the table-scrubbing scene with Jon/Sam/Thorne, including the part before Thorne walks in. Some of the best dialogue in the series thus far, just very human I guess.

Although if they pull off Viserys' crowning scene well, that'll probably win out for me. Probably my favorite moment in book one.

One of my favorites is the scene between Jory and Jaime. Any scene with Jory is awesome (maybe my favorite minor character) and it really shows the conflict in Jaime how he can be a really cool guy reminiscing about battles one second and a total dick the next.

One of my favorites is the scene between Jory and Jaime. Any scene with Jory is awesome (maybe my favorite minor character) and it really shows the conflict in Jaime how he can be a really cool guy reminiscing about battles one second and a total dick the next.

It was unsettling detecting a hint of camaraderie between Jamie and Jory knowing what happens in the future. So far Jamie has been arrogant, but he has not done anything unforgiving. I'm curious to find out how the show deals with some of his more brutal acts.

Most of my favorite scenes have been the added ones. I think they feel less clunky because the writers don't feel forced to use lines directly from the book.

I liked the breakfast scene with Arya Sansa and Ned a lot. :) Great character building. Also the scene with Ned and Arya when he explains Sansa couldn't lie to Joffery - Arya + Ned is so cute... :crying:

When Ned walks in on Jaime sitting by the throne I literally screamed. The dialogue was pretty awesome too, and all new.

When Jaime and Jory are discussing Robert's infidelity and Theon at Winterfell. I love how this demonstrates simultaneously Jory's utter naivete (give the letter to Jaime - whaa??) as well as Jaime's intentional disinterest in the game of thrones.

When Jaime is talking with Barristan about his first kill.

When Catelyn and Littlefinger meet in the brothel.

Littlefinger and Ned walking and talking about court intrigue, etc.

(I don't know what's wrong with me, I barely even noticed Littlefinger when I read aGoT but this actor and this adaptation is knocking that shit out of the park).

Also! I loved the scene where Rakharo and Jorah were comparing battle styles in Westeros and among the Dothraki, and then there's some great Dothraki dialogue between the handmaid and Rakharo. I've suspected for awhile that Dave and Dan would have to flesh out the Dothraki characters relative to the book versions, and it was gratifying to see it happening.

Archived