[BOOK SPOILERS] EP105 Discussion

Ran

The first thing that flashed into my mind when saw Ser Loras up close was that it was Stuart Townshend in whichever terrible movie adaptation of an Anne Rice vampire novel he was in. Definitely not how I pictured him from reading the books.

Loved it! So intense, I couldn't move, sat frozen, glued for a solid hour.

Wonder about child actors and what they can and can't have them doing... I mean, Lysa and Sweetrobin and that big swollen breast.. GAAAKKKK. :ack:

That is exactly what went through my mind! But it was wonderfully creepy. If Lysa were a little plumper, the whole scene was, for me, just like the book. Creepy!

Not fond of the Loras/Renly scene, but loved the Hound and his brother's fight. Can't wait for more of Sandor. And Arya...that girl is fantastic!

I have to edit to add that every scene that Sean Bean is in is amazing.

I liked the added scenes of Robert/Cersei and Luwin/Bran.

It was nice to see Robert and Cersei as human beings as opposed to fairly one-dimensional characters they are in the first book. They clearly wanted to give the audience a clear reason for Cersei to finally off Robert. She wanted to talk to him one last time and see if she was doing the right thing. It also establishes her very average scheming ability. She sees Ned's departure as the perfect time to do this, when in reality Ned would be a perfect hand for her Joffery. He would do a good job, give the throne credibility and stability and he is not playing on the same level as the schemers, so they could easily act behind his back.

Loras should be built better if we are to buy him as a premier warrior. He was built like a boy.

I hated the Cersei/Robert scene but the episode was so much win I don't care.

Bronn is the best.

And Ned is a heartless bastard. Jory was enjoying some breast in the last moments of his life before he gets an eyefull of dagger and Ned had to cut him off. WTF Ned?

I think the only reason Loras looks a little weird, is that horrible wig. Finn Jones, the actor who plays him, should have been allowed to keep his natural hair, maybe just grow it out a little bit. The curly, brown hair would have fit Loras much better, I think.

I think the only reason Loras looks a little weird, is that horrible wig. Finn Jones, the actor who plays him, should have been allowed to keep his natural hair, maybe just grow it out a little bit. The curly, brown hair would have fit Loras much better, I think.

Agreed. And would it have killed them to get an actor that isn't built like a 10 year old boy.

Not sure why they felt the need to make Renly and Loras gay. I understand you gotta deviate from the book in some respects, but this just felt contrived.

It's in the books, brother. Explore the forums and the wiki a bit ;)

Not sure why they felt the need to make Renly and Loras gay. I understand you gotta deviate from the book in some respects, but this just felt contrived.

Ummmm.......

I can't tell if you are trolling or not. Since this is your first post, and it appears that you have read the books, I am undecided.

I would suggest reading some more of the forums to get some hints about what happens in the books.

Can't waaaiiit to watch this one tonight!!! I'm following reactions on Twitter and dying to go home. Apparently the Jory scene did not occur in the rain with Jaime laughing... that's one of the vivid book scenes I had wanted to see done fairly faithfully :-/

So, tell me what you thought about the dragon skulls scene! Is it good? :)

Wondered if they could show Lysa nursing Sweetrobin, but was glad they could. It really shows how pathetic/crazy she is. They also made him a massive brat.

Knew Jory's death scene was coming, but it was just gross and sad. Jory is one of my favorite bannermen.

Thought the Loras-Renly relationship would be a bit subtle, but then I remembered this is HBO.

Disappointed about the lack of Dany and Jon, but liked the scene of Arya hunting cats in the dungeon.

I thought the Loras/Renly scene was good. It introduced more than just manscaping. It introduced Stannis. It introduced the Tyrells. It also hinted at Renly and Loras' ambition. In the book, we knew they were scheming to being Maergary to court. For tv purposes, this was better.

Most people think they are gay in the books too. Not going to outline that theory here.

It's not a theory. GRRM confirmed it. Anyone who doesn't realize that Loras and Renly are gay just don't know how to read closely.

Archived