Capclave 2013 - Columbus Day Weekend- Washington DC

Just a heads up, the room will hold about 45 people. Number TBD by Mercenary Chef. I have the room set aside for use from until about 8:30 PM. There will be another group coming in for a 9 PM event.

Attending Capclave:

George R.R. Martin GOH

Parris

Arlington Bill

Makotohanabi

Mercenary Chef

Kairparavel

Xray the Enforcer

Mr. X

Jetboygirl

Lany Cassandra (PLUS 1)

My Lady Ashalind (plus 3)

Ixodes

Mrs. Ixodes

the maid of Woodlynne

Perrianne Lurie (Gluten)

Dreamsongs

Sir Knight Somerville (plus 1)

Kouran

Raidne

becca69 (plus 1)

BrockBNoe (plus 1)

MaryQueenOfScotch (plus 2)

Caryn Stark

dragon_fire

Michelle Stark

Lily Valley

Cat Stoneheart (plus 1)

NAZ

DaveAx

Cottonseed

Pod

Maybe:

Fez

Snowleo

With permission from the chair Michael Walsh... the 2013 Capclave GOH is George R.R. Martin...

The final date Columbus day weekend October 11-13.

So for the DC BWB regulars, here is your chance to meet up with George and Parris at a smaller convention that focuses on reading.

Small note George was the GOH at Disclave in 1983...

EDIT: I couldn't find this at first:

Editor GoH: Sharyn November.

Small note George was the GOH at Disclave in 1983...

and I was once a member of WSFA, and a participant in the Great Cookie Conspiracy for many years. I may have some photos somewhere......

and I was once a member of WSFA, and a participant in the Great Cookie Conspiracy for many years. I may have some photos somewhere......

I believe that after a few year hiatus, the cookie conspiracy is coming back this year. If we are in Montgomery county there are some odd rules regarding food...

I believe there will be several people really happy that you are coming for a visit.

• 1 year later...

The weekend is set. October 11-13 at the Gaithersburg Hilton. This is Columbus Day weekend. The con does not carry over to Monday.

Now the crazy part, I am doing programming again next year. 2012 was the heaviest programmed Capclave to date. A full slate of panels ran starting at 4 PM Friday and they ran until midnight. Panels started promptly at 9 AM Saturday and ran until 7 PM when we switched over to our evening awards event. There were still 3 more panels after the awards reception. Sunday programming was once again a full slate from 9 AM until the last panel finished at 4 PM. We also ran over twenty readings and 4 writer workshops.

We learned a few things and preparation has started for 2013. My programming assistant and I discussed ideas at lunch today.

The site to register should be up soon. Our webmasters need a couple days to recover from the con.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We were discussing this last weekend.

Haven't had much new to announce, so I let it slide...I didn't want to have a conversation with myself. Is MC still considering making food? I am holding a room for it to happen in, just in case.

If health and life allow, I believe that Gardner Dozios is planning to come to Capclave as well.

Also, membership rates stay stable until June 1. Capclave will have a table and be selling memberships at Boskone

Haven't had much new to announce, so I let it slide...I didn't want to have a conversation with myself. Is MC still considering making food? I am holding a room for it to happen in, just in case.

If health and life allow, I believe that Gardner Dozios is planning to come to Capclave as well.

Also, membership rates stay stable until June 1. Capclave will have a table and be selling memberships at Boskone

i would still be interested in cooking a pig. would this be for a private party? how many attendees?

I would assume private. The numbers are really up in the air, but I would assume we would want the local BWB, George and Parris, some of their friends... then you include some of the other BWB who come... I have the room set aside for all of Friday evening right now. It could be private and then open up for others later on...

Archived