Capclave 2013 - Columbus Day Weekend- Washington DC

• 4 weeks later...

So I was looking into going to CapClave 2013 and their website has it being Oct 11-13. GRRM's website has it being Oct 18-20. Any confirmation?

The correct dates are on the Capclave website, Oct 11-13.

I also went ahead and booked my room in advance. I'll be flying into DC from Augusta the night of the 10th and leaving late afternoon on the 14th. That will give me time outside of the conference to visit my aunt and uncle. My biggest headache will be transferring from Dulles to the hotel after 9PM on the 10th.

I also booked a room with double beds if another lady would like to share.

Guest Ayn Raidne

Kouran and I are in - I think, I have to doublecheck the dates with him. But can I ask a question - what form of your name do you put on your convention badge? Just first? Both first and last? What's convention here?

Kouran and I are in - I think, I have to doublecheck the dates with him. But can I ask a question - what form of your name do you put on your convention badge? Just first? Both first and last? What's convention here?

Depends on the person, but at Capclave, most just use their first name. But Some people will use nick names/board names. I usually just have Bill...

• 2 weeks later...

So I think I'm going to register today although I can't talk anyone into going with me. I'm hoping to wear down my husband. Can you guys tell me what activities/events are a must at this con? I've never been to this and I've also never met GRRM in person.

The biggest event is the Saturday night reception featuring a mass autograph session and announcing the winner of the WSFA Small Press Award. There's cake and a cash bar. There will be panels, workshops and readings. There's a con suite where you can socialize, eat snacks, and play board games with other people at the con.

Preliminary program schedule probably won't be up until August/Septemberish, and workshops will be announced once the details are finalized.

becca69, are you interested in anything specific or just an overview of the con?

Archived