Capclave 2013 - Columbus Day Weekend- Washington DC

Yay! I just found out I am able to take some vacation days and will be able to come to CapClave!

I hope there is still room left for the banquet with GRRM.

Also, I'm looking at the CapClave registration and there is a field called "Badge Name". Is that for my real name or westeros username?

Excited!!!!!!

As noted by others it is the name you want to appear on your badge, which does not need to be your legal name. I'll add you to the list.

So, we're at 35 confirmed?

That have confirmed here. I know there are a couple of other BWB members that have signed up to attend but haven't posted here. Also I expect that Howard Waldrop, Steve and Elaine Stiles, and potentially Sharyn November may also stop in as well.

You can put me down as a definite. I'll be hitting Capclave on way back from my road trip. I'll register officially today.

naz there will be friday only memberships which aren't too costly, and the room that we are using is being provided by the convention at no cost to us.

Question: The online registration page doesn't have a thing for Friday-only registrations. Am I missing something? Like I said, though, I don't mind paying for a full membership if I have to. Is the Friday-only registration strictly done at the door?

You can put me down as a definite. I'll be hitting Capclave on way back from my road trip. I'll register officially today.

Question: The online registration page doesn't have a thing for Friday-only registrations. Am I missing something? Like I said, though, I don't mind paying for a full membership if I have to. Is the Friday-only registration strictly done at the door?

I'll make the change on the front page. It is done only at the door. The cost will be less than the current rate. I am not sure what the rate is though. I would expect it to be in the $25 range.

Bill -- any estimates on costs yet? Just want to make sure I haven't missed anything and that there is ample time for my contribution to make it to your hands.

October is coming up fast!

Keep me in the loop as well! I still plan on being available for setup on Friday and the breakdown on Sunday :)

I wish you lots of fun, my friend. :kiss: And Bex, too.

Would I could be there as well....

It's not too late, L_T! I decided that CapClave would be my birthday present to myself this year. I'd wager I might be the attendee that is traveling the furthest to attend, although I really don't know for sure.

It's not too late, L_T! I decided that CapClave would be my birthday present to myself this year. I'd wager I might be the attendee that is traveling the furthest to attend, although I really don't know for sure.

I'd still need the money for the fight... and I don't have that atm. So sad... but I'm sure we'll meet one day.

EDith: f_l_ight of course....

Bill, please add me to the list of attendees at Capclave (though I think you knew I was coming from live conversations at last year's con).

I should be able to get down from Philly in time for the Friday event, too.

I know there are a couple of other BWB members that have signed up to attend but haven't posted here.

Heh. :) Yes, when it became increasingly obvious that I wasn't going to make Worldcon, I still had to deal with my booked flights. So I have managed to reschedule my trip so that I will be in Washington DC for Capclave.

See people then!

I'll make the change on the front page. It is done only at the door. The cost will be less than the current rate. I am not sure what the rate is though. I would expect it to be in the $25 range.

Bill, I know you're at WorldCon and might not be able to reply ASAP, but I was wondering if I run the risk of getting locked out if I wait to buy my Friday-only membership at the door. Someone somewhere mentioned something about the con potentially being sold out due to hotel fire codes and whatnot. If there's a chance that, in waiting to save $$ by buying a one-day pass on the day of the event, the con gets sold out in the meantime, then I'd rather just buy the full membership online. It's probably a difference of, what, $25-30? I can manage that.

Heh. :) Yes, when it became increasingly obvious that I wasn't going to make Worldcon, I still had to deal with my booked flights. So I have managed to reschedule my trip so that I will be in Washington DC for Capclave.

See people then!

That's awesome! Will be nice to see you again.

Archived