Share Your Fan Site

Xray the Enforcer

We know that a lot of fans out there have their own ASOIAF or GoT fansites, blogs, podcasts, art, etc, and some of you are very eager to share them with us. That's awesome! We've created this thread so that you can post links to your website here.

Please do not post threads elsewhere on the boards about your site -- those will be deleted. You may put a link in your signature as well, but please abide by the rules regarding signatures, which can be found in the Board Style Guide.

Please don't "bump" the thread. It is already stickied to the top of the forum and doesn't need it.

Please do not link to fanfic. GRRM does not support fanfic of his work. We will respect his wishes in this matter and will delete any links to ASOIAF or GoT fanfic sites.

As a courtesy to others, please indicate if your site has book spoilers (this is for those who have only seen the HBO series), or is somehow NSFW.

Edited by Xray the Enforcer

Tumblr is bursting with Game of Thrones blogs. There are now over 90 sites exclusively for the series.

My own is F*ck Yeah, Winterfell!

Spoilers of future events in the series are limited to tags and it varies in degrees of NSFW-ness...nothing extreme, just a bit of foul language here and there. While my Tumblr is dedicated solely to House Stark, on it I maintain a full (and growing!) listing of ALL Game of Thrones Tumblrs run by a lot of very fun, talented and funny fans. There's something for everyone!

Hi all, new to this forum. I have been a major fan of ABC's Lost but the end really disappointed me. But now I have found a, probably even better, TV show that really rocks my socks. Only after watching the first two episodes I had already pointed out my personal favorite character. I even made a Squidoo lens on him: Tyrion Lannister, best scenes, and quotes. Would love to hear what you guys think. (it will be updated regularly during the show)

Tumblr is bursting with Game of Thrones blogs. There are now over 90 sites exclusively for the series.

My own is F*ck Yeah, Winterfell!

Spoilers of future events in the series are limited to tags and it varies in degrees of NSFW-ness...nothing extreme, just a bit of foul language here and there. While my Tumblr is dedicated solely to House Stark, on it I maintain a full (and growing!) listing of ALL Game of Thrones Tumblrs run by a lot of very fun, talented and funny fans. There's something for everyone!

^

her tumblr is awesome. My tumblr's TumblrOfThrones. It pretty much covers everything. The vast majority of the stuff I post is safe for work. The occasional hot Ros pic is clearly marked. :D

I have a food blog where I have tried to recreate some of the feasts from the books. It is a work in progress, but has over 30 recipes already. Most of the recipes are either medieval or original, using medieval ingrediants or methods.

I didn't limit myself to the few things mentioned, but tried to fill in an entire feast. (The feast to welcome Robert to the North has been going on for 4 hours by the time we get a 'view' of it)

Just for fun, I have been working on another ASOIAF related collection: Making the Eight on a Plate---trying to come up with a "signature" dish from each of the 8 areas mentioned on that tee-shirt. (Link in my signature) I'll fill in a few more as I work on my re-read of the books (I know there are things mentioned in there)

I do quote some of the food descriptions, so there might be a few spoilers. These can be avoided by just looking at the list of recipes along the right side of the blog.

Most things should be pretty easy to recreate. Enjoy!

Hey guys! Its been quite a while since I've posted here, but its reat to be back! I've been busy with my new blog. Its pretty much just a forum for me to bloviate my long-winded thoughts on each episode of GoT. The addy for the site is www.lordnedsheadlines.blogspot.com. I'd like to invite you all to check it out! Feel free to comment or follow!

Hopefully I'll have more free time on my hands to join the book discussion of Dance after the series ends!

Hello everyone. Each week I host a podcast called "Dark Wings, Dork Words". It's a discussion by fans of ASOIAF, for fans of ASOIAF, about each episode of HBO's series 'Game of Thrones'.

I realize now I should have posted a link here way back when the show started airing. But I did submit a request to get our podcast/blog site added to the Ring of Ice & Fire. It must have gotten lost in the shuffle. Anyhow, if you're enjoying the HBO series and have read at least the first book, you can listen back to Episdoes 0-7 of our lively and somewhat spoilery discussions now at darkwingsdorkwords.com or subscribe to the podcast via iTunes.

Thanks,

Chuck D.

Hello.

Since we're sharing fansites, here's mine's: it in Hungarian, and you can find it here. We managed to conduct some interviews with the cast and crew, including Emilia Clarke! :) You can find the interviews here (just click on the English link at the top of the page).

We also have quizzes for each episode, but they're in Hungarian.

I created a "cheat-sheet" for the HBO show. I have a lot of friends who are watching, friends who have not read the books. And a few of them say that they have a difficult time remembering all the names.

So, I created a visual cheat-sheet. It's nothing fancy, very brief.

I thought I would post it here and see if people can give me some input. Things like:

• Description of some characters (some are self-explanatory).
  • Did I miss anyone that's relatively important in the series?
  • Are the non-actor images working (I have one up for Rhaegar and one up for Stannis).
  • Anything else.

I'm sure there might be something like this already out there, but this was fun for me to do at any rate.

Thanks for any comments!

PDF is HERE.

*Since this was put in the "share your fansite," I may as well share mine. It's not 100% GoT, but it is a nerd/geek site.

www.lipstickfangirl.com

Edited by ZombieWife

Hey guys, I'm a bit new here. I simply adore the series and about to begin reading the second book.

Well, here is a video I made in the memory of this great Character. He was the best character, and I'd sure miss him.

I hope you would like my video :)

Edited by Ran

Hi guys!

I'm from Brazil and I have made a little video about my passion for Game of Thrones and things this love has been "forced" me to do.

The video has the Closed Caption (CC icon near video quality - bottom right corner) in English for those who do not understand portuguese in brazilian version.

Have a nice day.

cya.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine and I have been running a weekly podcast on books and reading for about a year now, and our latest episode was a comparison of the GOT book to the tv series. We had a solid difference in perspective, as I've been big fans of the books for a long time, but Josh had never had the chance to read them. All in all, we thought the transition was one of the better ones we'd ever seen done. While there were some heavily altered scenes from the book, most of them were done for solid reasons, showing a clear understanding on the part of the producers as to what advantages the medium of television has that they could utilize. The only alteration we both did not like was the way Ned Stark was injured, as we felt it seriously altered Jamie's motivations at that moment.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. If you're interested in hearing the episode, you can listen to it here.

I have a food blog where I have tried to recreate some of the feasts from the books. It is a work in progress, but has over 30 recipes already. Most of the recipes are either medieval or original, using medieval ingrediants or methods.

I didn't limit myself to the few things mentioned, but tried to fill in an entire feast. (The feast to welcome Robert to the North has been going on for 4 hours by the time we get a 'view' of it)

Just for fun, I have been working on another ASOIAF related collection: Making the Eight on a Plate---trying to come up with a "signature" dish from each of the 8 areas mentioned on that tee-shirt. (Link in my signature) I'll fill in a few more as I work on my re-read of the books (I know there are things mentioned in there)

I do quote some of the food descriptions, so there might be a few spoilers. These can be avoided by just looking at the list of recipes along the right side of the blog.

Most things should be pretty easy to recreate. Enjoy!

I have started adding ADWD recipes, so I wanted to put up a warning that my blog now has ADWD SPOILERS, so use caution if you have not read it yet.

• 1 month later...

Cast of Thrones has a good podcast.

Tim Lannister is pretty cute. He reminds me of Blake Walker from the defunct Shit Parade podcast.

Edit: I also have been listening to the Dark Words podcast & have been enjoying it. The people are fine. The drop in comments of one of their dads is gratingly offensive. Just meanspirited, creepy, & worst of all, not funny.

Edited by krakenhead

VisionSOIAF ~ The Art of "A Game Of Thrones"

I’d like to tell you about my website Visions Of Ice And Fire.

This site is a showcase for artists inspired by George RR Martin’s series “A Song of Ice and Fire” and HBO’s related series “A Game of Thrones”. The site is being gradually built up – I add more art and artists every day. This is deliberate as the end collection will be so large (hopefully over 1,500 images by 200 or more artists.) At the moment the site features around 240 images by over 75 different artists.

The site is a collection of art from a wide range of artists, both professional and amateur, covering a wide range of styles and techniques. The art may be varied, but it is all of a high quality. Hopefully you will be interested in many of the different visions artists have of the characters and world of ASOIAF.

It is possible to select those images based directly on the series “A Game of Thrones” using the HBO Series tag – the tag cloud is at the bottom of every page. I currently have around 35 pictures by 16 artists that are based on images from the series.

I hope you enjoy these images, and that they inspire you to get creative in your own ways. If you know any artists you think I should include, please let me know.

Finally, I’d ask you to please respect the artists, and their copyright. Don’t steal other peoples work.

Thanks - Jude