Share Your Fan Site

Xray the Enforcer

Hi! Not sure if this belongs here but my blog has kind of taken on a very aSoIaF theme. I've put up casting speculations, theories, and just plain old conversations about the show. If you click on it, be careful cause there are spoilers for all 5 books and the first season of GoT in there.

Thanks,

Espy

http://espyrants.wordpress.com/tag/a-song-of-ice-and-fire/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a video of the opening titles using new music I wrote- the official theme is pretty awesome, but I wanted to see if I could come up with something that sounded a little less "Pirates of the Caribbean" and more "Game of Thrones"... tell me if you think I got close!

http://youtu.be/Q4QvrxUp4Ho

Edited by jaredcowing

• 1 month later...

I have a blog with linked Facebook and Twitter accounts. Just started it with the idea of commenting on all things Ice and Fire, from a different point of view, that of a bastard from Casterly Rock. I don't think Lord Tywin would approve. :drunk:

It seemed like a fun thing to do. Everyone is welcome to take a look. Just remember it is only a couple of days old and I'm still trying to pull everything together.

EDIT: I got more grandiose, got a domain name and made the entry site a hub for the blog, twitter, facebook, google+, etc., here

Edited by Robin Hill

• 4 weeks later...

Well! A few of us have decided to begin a tumblr of our amazing songs in the thread 'Rhymes for a song...', which is in General ASOIAF. The thread, along with the blog, will have huge book spoilers, so please have that in mind!

The full title of the thread is 'Rhymes for a song about the Red Wedding', but it also includes other big events now too

I'm pretty sure this doesn't count as fanfiction either. It's just a bit of fun - if anyone wants to pop over the that thread and give us their takes on events that happen in the books, feel free! And don't worry; we won't put your stuff onto the blog if you don't want us too! :D

Finally, after my endless rambling: http://shardsofbards.tumblr.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

Race for the Iron Throne is my new book/tv analysis blog. Starting with A Game of Thrones, I’m going to be doing a chapter-by-chapter close reading of the books, focusing on the reality of Westeros as a political system and analyzing the actions, motivations, and ideas of the major and minor political actors within it. Each chapter post will include the following sections:

• Political Analysis – in this section, I’ll analyze what this chapter tells us about how the Seven Kingdoms (and Essos) work and don’t work as political systems, and trying to figure out how the various factions and conspiracies are working to their ends and reacting to changing circumstances. When I get closer to the War of Five Kings, I’ll go in-depth into the military strategy of each of the competitors, and what they did right and wrong. As it’s been a while since I’ve read books 2-4 (I just re-read Game of Thrones and have recently read through Dance With Dragons), I may revise my thoughts here as I get further along and come across new information.
  • Historical Analysis – much of the realism of George R.R Martin’s work stems from his close study of Medieval history and the warts-and-all lives of rulers, rebels, and common folk who were anything but morally black and white. In this section, when we run into characters, events, and places derived from historical events, I’ll write about what the real story was, and what Martin kept the same and what he changed.
  • What Ifs – as a historian, you are always reminded of the power of contingency and chance to change the course of events, upending institutions and social forces. This is especially true for A Song of Ice and Fire, where George R.R Martin bombards the reader with missed opportunities, crucial choices, and where the timing of character movements and events are of the utmost importance. In this section, I’ll hypothesize about what might have happened had Ned Stark left on time and wound up on Dragonstone, or if Catelyn Tully had stopped at Riverrun instead of the Inn at the Crossroads, among other things.
  • Book vs. Show – in this section, I’ll point out the places in which HBO’s Game of Thrones diverges from the book series. However, this isn’t a section to list mistakes or complain about the purity of vision slowly draining away – I actually think the series has made certain critical improvements over the books in particular areas – but rather to talk about the necessity of narrative and story, and how mediums change the story without us realizing it.

You can read my essay on the Prologue/opening scene of episode 1 here.

Episode-By-Episode Discussion of Season 2 of Game of Thrones – beginning April 1st, I’ll be doing an in-depth discussion of Season 2, joined by my fellow culture/political junkie, Entertained Organizer and possibly some of our friends. We’ll go into our reactions, thoughts, and then go through Political and Historical Analysis and Book vs. Show.

Eddard I is up, looking at the similarities between Robert Baratheon and Henry VIII, the role of the Hand of the King (and how Ned made mistakes other than honor) and the importance of the Wardenships, the historical parallels between the Battle of the Trident and the Wars of the Roses, and some juicy what-ifs.

Hey all, I dont really have a fansite for Game of Thrones persay, but I do have a website where I report alot of GoT news.

My site was mentioned yesterday by the Game of Thrones twitter and on http://paper.li/GameOfThrones, as of this writing my story is still number 1 on that page.

Anyway, my website is www.themodtech.com, head over and check it out and I appreciate any and all feedback :)

Thanks

EDIT: Ive also just created a forum for the website, there is a link in the menus :)

Edited by Kvothe_ModTech

Race for the Iron Throne has a big update:

* Bran II is up, looking at a rare glimpse into the Lannister Conspiracy's thinking, the danger of Margaery slipping into King Robert's bed, what Margaery's parallels with Anne Boleyn tells us about the gendering of power in the Medieval world, and some juicy what-ifs.

* We've got TEAM SMALLFOLK shirts available, for anyone who's tired of supporting noble families in their struggle for the Iron Throne and wants to claim their rights as a freeborn Westerosi.

* and my appearance on Thronecast is up on

(at 4:20)!

Wow, you guys have created some great fansites! I produce a fan companion show, Stupid For Game of Thrones. We are live weekly (after the first airing of GOT US). This week will be airing on Tuesday night April 17th to accomdate our guest, Bryan Cogman!

As many of you know, Bryan wrote this upcoming episode, What Is Dead May Never Die and also wrote the show bible. We are very excited to have him on. The following week we are welcoming Jane Espenson to the show. I'm sure you all know Jane as a writer and producer from Buffy, Firefly, BSG, Torchwood etc. She also wrote my fav ep from last season, A Golden Crown!

I'm going to try to be active on the boards and I'd love to feature some of your great fan stuff on our show. Stupid For Game of Thrones is hosted by Sarah Penna (Big Frame/Bammo) and Bob Jennings (Annoying Orange), Exec Produced by Mike Rotman and produced by me!

Subscribe to our channel on Youtube- StreaminGarage , check us out on Facebook .

Thanks for taking a look. If you post on out FB page, lemme know you saw us here and I'll say hi! I am looking forward to a great season!

Elaine

Race for the Iron Throne has updated, with:

*a discussion of Season 2, Episode 2, covering voyerism and gendered power, farts, girls, and the meaning of human dignity confronted with human frailty, Samwell Tarly as one of the founder’s of Westeros’ first chapter of N.O.W, proper sword-sharpening techniques, the anthropological basis of incest taboos, Theon’s daddy issues, and so much more!

* an analysis of Tyrion I, looking at the internal dynamics of the Lannister family, Claudius and Richard III as historical parallels, and the difficulties of medieval public relations.

Hey, I'm from a small fansite that we hope will begin to expand. For that, however, we need members so the admins can give us our own sub-forum.

If people could register and post at the link below--absolutely anything related to the series. We like to discuss everything, and would like growth in our board to include its very own ASOIAF section. Any help would be appreciated. And you're also more than welcome to stick around! We're a small but lively community!

http://www.losttv-fo...ead.php?t=75223

Edited by Pelican