[TV SPOILERS] Goofs

I think I actually facepalmed when I saw her run back from the gate on my first viewing.

If I'd remembered that facepalming was a thing people do in response to epic failez, I woulda done so here. I suppose I did an inner facepalm.

Not that I'm asking for 30 long seconds of Theon's "O face".

You owe me a new shirt. Thankfully it didn't quite reach the keyboard.

I've certainly mentioned the lack of post-coital turgidity in that scene a couple of times already. I understand that TV producers can't/won't show schlongs in their excited state. But if producers are determined to maintain that policy then don't show the appendage immediately pre or post coital. Simple really.

I'm getting a bit tired of the doggy-style fixation in this show. Variety is the spice of life people. The director needs to watch a season of Spartacus before starting to film the sex scenes for season 2.

Does any of that really matter? In the heat of the moment none of the viewers are going to notice that anyway.

Are you talking about Theon's lesser tenticle or the placement of the bodies at the Ned/Jaime fight?

I agree with Bastard King. I did notice Arya being skinny enough to squeeze through the bars and smiled but it wasn't a big deal to even mention it, and barely noticed Theon's "tentacle" (LOL) myself, I swear some people are just... fixated. Noticing that he's flaccid is one thing, but that he's not "wet" enough? Christ, how does one notice that without pausing and rewinding? Obsessed much? I certainly didn't notice the placement of the bodies either...

Does any of that really matter? In the heat of the moment none of the viewers are going to notice that anyway.

Well, obviously some viewers noticed the various goofs. Hence this topic.

For some of the nitpickier points you are probably correct that the vast majority of the viewing audience would not notice, but I can't imagine anyone wouldn't notice the Arya dungeon bars goof. It was so ridiculously obvious, especially given the angle of the camera.

Yeah, old Theon can't keep it up long, that much is clear.

Worst goof I've noticed is this: Jamie says "take him alive (Ned) kill his men.". Then the fight takes place, Ned gets stabbed and falls to the ground. Jamie and his men ride/walk off and leave Ned. It seemed to me that "take him alive" means Ned was intended to be a captive.

Enjoyed the secne, however.

Yeah, Jaime should've gone with something like "...but Lord Stark is mine (to deal with)."

For me the best one will always be when Cat gets HIT on the head by a stone (!) in the Mountain tribe scene, which just bounces of her head like the fake it is and she doesn't even care (immediatly after she unties Tyrion). Priceless :D

I thing you guys are being a bit too picky even for internet enthusiasts. Most people didn't even notice it, so it's alright.

As for being sloppiness of the production, keep in mind that it's another series by HBO (very good so far, by the way) and not the oh-so-speshul rendering of your beloved books. No one really cares if you are whining about Renly having a beard or not.

PS. Arya could have been so scared as to not even notice she could have slipped through for instance - such stuff happens in real life, from time to time.

Well, obviously some viewers noticed the various goofs. Hence this topic.

For some of the nitpickier points you are probably correct that the vast majority of the viewing audience would not notice, but I can't imagine anyone wouldn't notice the Arya dungeon bars goof. It was so ridiculously obvious, especially given the angle of the camera.

It's not that we didn't notice, it's that we didn't care.

It's not that we didn't notice, it's that we didn't care.

Cool! I'm sure some people on here wouldn't care if there was a scene where Varys was texting on an ipod in the background. "Nitpicking!!! Just because Varys doesn't have an ipod in the books doesn't mean it doesn't fit in with the tv storyline. Besides, the budget constraints don't allow the actor to confine all his texting to off camera, and they couldn't afford to re-shoot that scene."

I'm not losing sleep over it, but I think it would be a stronger production if there weren't obvious goofs like the dungeon bars thing.

/shrug

I'm getting a bit tired of the doggy-style fixation in this show. Variety is the spice of life people. The director needs to watch a season of Spartacus before starting to film the sex scenes for season 2.

Thank you! Last episode I found myself thinking..."doggy...AGAIN??"

Cool! I'm sure some people on here wouldn't care if there was a scene where Varys was texting on an ipod in the background.

Hey, that's a great idea! Can someone get ahild of B.Cogman so we can pitch this to him? I bet he's going to love it!

I noticed the dungeon bars, and the bodies, though I didn't know what was wrong with the bodies.

The bar thing though- really they should have had Arya slip through the bars- after all we have no idea where she's going or how it connects with the outside. In fact that would have made it all the more clear that Varys has a secret way outside.

I thought the placement of the bodies looked wrong, but I wasn't sure - I didn't notice the bars & Arya though. Yeah, this stuff is little/meaningless for the most part, but I still love it when people point these things out (like in Braveheart, when Mel Gibson is charging with sword in hand, cut, cut back and the sword is on his back, cut, and it's in hand again)

Thank you! Last episode I found myself thinking..."doggy...AGAIN??"

I wouldn't think it's a problem, except they made a point of saying Dothraki do that every time. Implying everybody else has heard of a few other ways. Roz isn't of a 'pleasurehouse of lys' but she should still know a few more tricks.

It just seems like the sort of subtle thing that would separate westeros from, uh, easteros. And it'd make Dany's scene with Drogo a little more meaningful/symbolic.

Greylander, that was a well-written and -explained summary of work behind the camera. Thanks for that! Sure there were some thoughts I did not think of when writing down my "discovery". :) But, honestly, in one point I am not convinced: In my opinion there is absolutely no need to let Ned collapse between Jory and his victims (for he is fighting Jaime somewhere far off of his later place of being backstabbed) - and why couldn't Jaime just ride through a gap in the line of dead Lannister guardsmen? Does he really need 2 meters of open space left and right for it (and the guardsmen-line arranged as a pile)? Don't get me wrong, I fear that now it's really going to get nit picking, but.. the scenery is *so* extremely changed that for me there is really no excuse of lack of time, reshots etc. As you've stated, there can be much fun in accidently discovering goofs and I really don't look out for them on purpose 'cause that ruins the feeling and flow and thus being drawn into a movie/series - but this particular goof/coping with eventual production issues ruined the scene for me. (I hope I was able to explain that properly - I'm not a native speaker.. ^^)

If I'm an actor I certainly wouldn't want to be lying 'dead' within 1 meter of a moving horse. Even well trained horses are still animals with minds of their own, best to keep the bodies clear so nothing gets stepped on.

Anyways, for other things not mentioned it seemed like Lysa's dress slipped itself back up over her shoulder on its own after she finished breast feeding her baby Robin. The screen cuts away for a few seconds to a distant side view and when it's back she's fully clothed, having made no motion to do so. Also, if she had been breast feeding her baby for years it's unlikely she'd have a perfectly shaped breast/nipple. These inconsistencies I tell yeah!

Also, if she had been breast feeding her baby for years it's unlikely she'd have a perfectly shaped breast/nipple. These inconsistencies I tell yeah!

That's a good point. And HBO usually pays such close attention to that.. subject matter.

Archived