What are you listening... three?

valacirca

Maybe I'm a little out of the loop here, but I just found out that Dream Theater covered Dark Side of the Moon. This is what I'll be listening to for the rest of my life.

Maybe I'm a little out of the loop here, but I just found out that Dream Theater covered Dark Side of the Moon. This is what I'll be listening to for the rest of my life.

They also covered Number of the Beast and Master of Puppets. I remember thinking Dark Side was their best cover and Master was their worst, but it's been a while.

Currently listening to a lot of:

Alcest- A French atmospheric metal band. Very beautiful stuff if you don't mind the occasional harsh vocals

Unexpect - this song is pure chaos, but I just can't. stop. listening.

Was putting a railing up on the deck yesterday (two years after I built the deck itself, but my little boy is getting close to crawling, so safety time), and set out my listening music. Started with Tool, but my wife put a stop to that fairly early, so I just put in the Sherlock Holmes Movie soundtrack. Usually don't do soundtracks, but this one is quirky enough to keep my attention.

I spent some time touring through iTunes to see what the kids are listening to and it's bloody scary. But in the midst of it all, I came across a duo called The Civil Wars. I love love love their minimalist sound, steel guitar and harmonies. I downloaded it immediately. It's twangy/folky/ethereal.

Blaine, if you're out there and don't know these folks, you should. But I reckon you do!

I spent some time touring through iTunes to see what the kids are listening to and it's bloody scary. But in the midst of it all, I came across a duo called The Civil Wars. I love love love their minimalist sound, steel guitar and harmonies. I downloaded it immediately. It's twangy/folky/ethereal.

Blaine, if you're out there and don't know these folks, you should. But I reckon you do!

Cool. Thanks for the recommendation. Another friend recently had Barton Hollow on their Facebook page. I'll check out more of their stuff.

I've been listening to Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses and the new Decemeberists for the last few months, so I'm deliberating listening to some newer stuff so I don't wear it out.

So I've been listening to a band called The Love Language, the new My Morning Jacket and Ratatat.

My constant favorites are Metallica's Black Album (definitive Metallica) and Tool, especially Lateralus.

Lately it's been all Flogging Molly or Iron and Wine. Odd combination .....

Really? Some would argue the opposite, that 'The Black Album' was the beginning of the end for Metallica.

Great choice on the Toolage though. Never get enough of Maynard.

Really? Some would argue the opposite, that 'The Black Album' was the beginning of the end for Metallica.

Great choice on the Toolage though. Never get enough of Maynard.

if we are defining the last even remotely decent thing produced by metallica than the black album wins all the ponies.

if i were to define metallica i would go with master of puppets, ride the lightning, and justice for all and kill 'em all. those albums are the defining moments of brilliance of that band.

and on topic i am listening to and justice for all.

Archived