[TV SPOILERS] Ratings- Will the Rapture on Saturday affect GOT ratings

tybeechris

No, I think GOT is sufficiently naughty in terms of things like gay sex and nudity, that no-one watching will be affected!

Maybe some of us are just watching to spy on you satanists :devil: :P

Anyway God loves me too much to force me to spend eternity with his most insane followers so I will suspect I will make it to Sunday's episode.

No, since the rapture will apparently only take up people who actually believe that, which is around 250 people, most of whom are convinced fantasy=heresy.

So you're saying ratings should go up by 250. After all when it doesn't happen all those people are gonna be so disillusioned they will succumb to various temptations they've been denying themselves in preparation, one of which will be to watch some heretical TV shows. I guess a few might go out and father/conceive some bastards too.

"Life is meaningless. I guess I'll subscribe to HBO."

I like to imagine that, when you're raptured, the full run of the series is waiting for you up in heaven, along with ADWD, The Winds of Winter, and A Dream of Spring. Also, Seasons 2-5 of Firefly, the GOOD Star Wars prequels, and the Orson Welles Batman movie, just because.

So you're saying ratings should go up by 250. After all when it doesn't happen all those people are gonna be so disillusioned they will succumb to various temptations they've been denying themselves in preparation, one of which will be to watch some heretical TV shows. I guess a few might go out and father/conceive some bastards too.

Maybe 200.

Archived