A Thread For Small Questions VIII

mormont

Quick question: In which direction is Victarion sailing towards Dany? If he went south and around Dorne, wouldn't that require him to go very close to the Arbor? Wouldn't that mean that the Redwyne's would most likely think Victarion is trying to attack the Arbor? I can't imagine him sailing West, as we don't even know if theres another continent in his way.

I'd assume he was going around Dorne. He could hug tight to the coast and avoid the Arbor or go around it. Though with the main Redwyne fleet over at Dragonstone there's not much they can do

Of course just show; I always thought that in spite of her apparent madness there was a layer of Lysas cunning and intelligence - after all only she and Doran brought their respective regions safe through the War of the 5 Kings.

What happened with Darksister, the second Targaryen Valyrian Steel sword?

Isn't Lysa manipulated by Littlefinger all along though? She assassinated Jon for him after all. Having Tyrion killed was just another mean of assuring that there would be no reconciliation possible between Starks and Lannister. Keeping the Vale, which he was after all along I think, out of the war was also a good way to stand as a major player when the fighting ends.

Quick question: In which direction is Victarion sailing towards Dany? If he went south and around Dorne, wouldn't that require him to go very close to the Arbor?

No, not at all. When the ironborn attack the Shield Islands, they were able to sail far out to sea because of magical guidance from Euron. I'm sure that the same trick could be done again.

can anyone point me to the essay, i think on tower of the hand, about what littlefinger is up to or what his long game plan is? I can't find it for my life

I've forgotten what exactly hes orchestrated and set up over the course of the series!

There has never been anything in any books to suggest he was a warg much less his strength as a warg. All theorycraft suggesting he was a warg is entirely fan speculation based on his familial roots and association with certain songs, sayings and animals of the winged variety.

Didn't he load their corpses onto the huge trebuchets (The Whores) and throw them at Stannis' forces during the Battle of the Blackwater?

Yep. Amusingly enough, Stannis almost did the same to the Tyrells with some of his own traitors, but Cressen talked him out of it. The maester wisely noted that they might want to keep traitors around, just in case they ran out of stuff to eat.

There has never been anything in any books to suggest he was a warg much less his strength as a warg.

Quite the opposite. It is widely believed in the Seven Kingdoms that Bloodraven is a warg, and we have fairly strong evidence that Bloodraven had some magical ability. People want to discount the rumors because rumors are frequently unreliable in Westeros, but it's not an idea that came out of the clear blue sky.

People in the Seven Kingdoms also believe that Varys has magical abilities. Perhaps he's Coldhands.

It is widely believed in the Seven Kingdoms that Bloodraven is a warg

Citation needed.

From references made to him in The Sworn Sword and The Mystery Knight, people thought he was a sorcerer who ruled the kingdom, and possibly the king, with spells. No one says 'warg', unless we are going to say that these words all mean the same thing.

From references made to him in The Sworn Sword and The Mystery Knight, people thought he was a sorcerer who ruled the kingdom, and possibly the king, with spells. No one says 'warg', unless we are going to say that these words all mean the same thing.

Dunk thinks in The Mystery Knight that Bloodraven is reputed to have ensorceled packs of wolves and carrion crows to do his bidding, which sounds like a warg to me. This obviously isn't definitive evidence; but once again, all I was saying is that GRRM plants the idea that Bloodraven might be a warg. Fans didn't invent that from whole cloth like you were saying.

The Mockingbird essays are actually three essays, each covering different aspects of Littlefinger's plans and actions. The first is about his relationship with the Vale, the second about his meddling with his fellow lords and ladies (specifically Tyrion and the Tyrells and Tullys) and the last about his relationship with Varys.

Part one.

Part two.

Part three.

thanks a lot :)

Can someone jog my memory. How old is

Jon when he becomes King in the North

and starts fighting in battles?

Cheers,

Mark

Do you mean Robb? If so he's 15 when he fights at the Whispering Wood and is declared King in the North

Dunk thinks in The Mystery Knight that Bloodraven is reputed to have ensorceled packs of wolves and carrion crows to do his bidding, which sounds like a warg to me. This obviously isn't definitive evidence; but once again, all I was saying is that GRRM plants the idea that Bloodraven might be a warg. Fans didn't invent that from whole cloth like you were saying.

Is it also possible he's planting a seed (Bloodraven can supposedly change his face) that persons can study at the House of Black and White and yet leave on their own terms later without fear?

Is it also possible he's planting a seed (Bloodraven can supposedly change his face) that persons can study at the House of Black and White and yet leave on their own terms later without fear?

Well, I don't think that Bloodraven was using the magic of the Faceless Men; his glamour had a glitch that we haven't seen with the Alchemist. And I don't think Arya's just going to up and leave one day with no resistance.

Archived