More Wolf and Lion Commentary

Westeros

Over at Suvudu, we’ve shared some further thoughts on “The Wolf and the Lion” that may be of interest to readers. Suvudu.com, a website set up by Random House, is an excellent site for SF/F, Comics, and more, with news items and the occasional special features.

On top of that, we’re a bit tardy, but we’ve finally gotten our audio commentary up for the episode, recorded in conjunction with MTV Geek.

Visit the Site!

I completely agree about Cersei. She has been my least favorite part of the series so far, which is a shame because she's an excellent antagonist. I understand the need to flesh out the character some more, but this isn't fleshing out so much as changing the character almost completely. My only hope is that she lets out her inner bitch very soon and we can get back to loathing her instead of being annoyed that they're trying to make her sympathetic. If there's one main character in the books that is not sympathetic, in my opinion, it's Cersei. And it's well-deserved.

I completely agree about Cersei. She has been my least favorite part of the series so far, which is a shame because she's an excellent antagonist. I understand the need to flesh out the character some more, but this isn't fleshing out so much as changing the character almost completely. My only hope is that she lets out her inner bitch very soon and we can get back to loathing her instead of being annoyed that they're trying to make her sympathetic. If there's one main character in the books that is not sympathetic, in my opinion, it's Cersei. And it's well-deserved.

I have had a very different take on Cersei. Knowing the future of her character, I have viewed each of her "sympathetic" scenes on television as a new height for her conniving. To me, she was feigning sympathy with Catelyn when sharing her story of a lost son, and the fact she was able to put on that facade while knowing she was directly responsible for Catelyn's pain made her even more of a bitch than I envisioned her in the books.

Archived