GRRM's new Not a Blog post

marwyn

Spoilers!

So, maybe the mystery-POV really is someone like baby-Aegon grown up or the Mummers-dragon/Young Griff? What do you think?

Indeed, well spotted! It does sound like "mummers dragon" time. What game is Varys playing at (I'm guessing he's involved)?

I think baby-Aegon grow up is going to be the mummer's dragon. No one in Westeros doubts that Aegon is dead, his body was presented to Robert. So, anyone claiming to be Aegon grown up will be an imposter, I think that is the only reason GRRM doesn't confirm his death to us.

Fleeing from Westeros with a price on his head, Tyrion Lannister, too, is making his way to Daenerys. But his newest allies in this quest are not the rag-tag band they seem, and at their heart lies one who could undo Daenerys’s claim to Westeros forever.

So, maybe the mystery-POV really is someone like baby-Aegon grown up or the Mummers-dragon/Young Griff? What do you think?

Perhaps. But that does not mean that one implication excludes the other.

Please note that a "mummer's dragon" might ALSO know about another possible claimant to the Throne. Not all is necessarily as it may seem.

If we are getting further hints about Jon's parentage in this book -- then "the dragon has three heads" is a plotline that is likely to actually progress in ADwD.

Archived