[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 105 discussion Pt. III

I read through some of the discussion in thread 2 of episode 5. Someone mentioned how the fight scene between Ned and Jaime wouldn't have been exciting if they went by the book with the horse falling. I agree except for one thing. The fight was underway between Jaime and Ned . I don't believe a trained knight/ guardsman would interfere in someone elses challenge. That kind of made me a bit disappointed. Love the series though. Wanted to post earlier, but needed to read the book more, because although book spoilers are clearly pointed out. I accidentally ran into one. That's ok. my fault. I just wanted to see if anyone else brought up the interference part. I thought it was kind of a fight rule.

Snow Bear,

I read through some of the discussion in thread 2 of episode 5. Someone mentioned how the fight scene between Ned and Jaime wouldn't have been exciting if they went by the book with the horse falling. I agree except for one thing. The fight was underway between Jaime and Ned . I don't believe a trained knight/ guardsman would interfere in someone elses challenge. That kind of made me a bit disappointed. Love the series though. Wanted to post earlier, but needed to read the book more, because although book spoilers are clearly pointed out. I accidentally ran into one. That's ok. my fault. I just wanted to see if anyone else brought up the interference part. I thought it was kind of a fight rule.

I see what you're saying, and it's a valid point, except that the series agrees with you. It isn't the done thing, it isn't cool, and that is underscored in the series, in two ways: 1) the such-a-look that Jaime gives the guard when it happens, and 2) the fact that none of the other guards dared. I think this is one of those flukes. Jaime doesn't know all the guys in his company, some of them are loony and some are just kind of high-spirited and dumb. I think the verisimilitude accentuates your point.

Snow Bear,

I see what you're saying, and it's a valid point, except that the series agrees with you. It isn't the done thing, it isn't cool, and that is underscored in the series, in two ways: 1) the such-a-look that Jaime gives the guard when it happens, and 2) the fact that none of the other guards dared. I think this is one of those flukes. Jaime doesn't know all the guys in his company, some of them are loony and some are just kind of high-spirited and dumb. I think the verisimilitude accentuates your point.

Thank you. True, Jaime's look was obvious disgust , plus he did hit the guy. I'll just have to accept it as a foolish fluke move like you said. The fight had to end somehow. I just thought that way was lame, no pun intended. At the time, I was thinking, c'mon that just wouldn't happen. Over it now. Finished the first book...so awesome! loved it. can't wait to see how it all plays out on the show.

Archived