Season 2 Casting News Soon

Westeros

Well if they push off the Stark/Lannister war till next season then it should be ok. THeres so much good stuff after Neds arrest that it would be a shame to jam it all in 3 episodes

No the Stark Lannister war appears to still be in this season according to the episode guides. But I can't remember there being that much left- it can definitely be covered in 3 episodes at the current pace

George posted this on his blog on May 29th:

I may have been guilty of premature froggery in the "Hiya, Kids" post below.

Second season casting is in full swing, yes.

And we're close on a few roles. Choices made, that is to say, but now we wait on HBO approval, and then of course we have to make a deal. Not all deals close, much as you would like them to. There's budget to consider, scheduling, all sorts of things.

On other roles, well, we've seen a lot of readings, but we're not in love yet. So the auditions continue. In Ireland, in London, even in LA.

Bottom line: no one has been cast yet, so stop holding your breath.

When we do sign some new cast, Froggy will give you the hints.

(Unless someone else breaks the news first).

((Or unless it's after June 13. That's the day I leave for Poland. I'll be out of the loop while overseas, so after that date, the announcements are more like to come from elsewhere)).

I think they will put most of that material into the last 3 episodes. While it is a lot of material, given they have covered around 66% of the book in 70% of the screentime, they have shown they can remain on that track quite well

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I really hope they don't condense the Lannister/Stark war into a "scuffle" on an open plain (which, narrative-wise... you COULD probably pull off). Part of me is still hoping the last episode is going to be a 2.5 hour extravaganza and HBO just hasn't told us yet.

• 2 weeks later...

So on grrms latest not a blog he states that they have approved several cast members and that he could give us "madmen" a hint but we would solve it in twelve seconds. My question is is the madmen a clue itself refering to the show? Maybe we'll get January Jones as Melissandre? :drool: or maybe christina hendricks

Maybe we'll get January Jones as Melissandre? :drool:

Oh god. Seriously, Jones couldnt act her way onto the ground if you threw her out of a plane.

Plus, Hendricks would make way better eye-candy ;)

And what about us 'madmen' solving it 'in twelve seconds.' Does that mean anything to anybody here? (I've never seen 'Mad Men')

Might mean we're madmen who tend to overanalyze every single thing he writes on his NAB. Or not. Dun Dun DUUUUNNNNNHHHH!

And what about us 'madmen' solving it 'in twelve seconds.' Does that mean anything to anybody here? (I've never seen 'Mad Men')

Well Christina hendricks just finished filming a movie called "Seconds of Pleasure" and its due out in 2012. But I maybe reaching a bit

This delicious little tidbit from the producers via a new interview with EW: (Bolding in DB's answer is mine)

Does Sean leaving the show open up the possibility of hiring another star for characters who are introduced in season two?

DB: There are a bunch of names up for discussion, so it's quite possible. Certainly there hasn't been any kind of mandate that we need to cast big names, but there are some well known actors who would be great for certain roles.

I'd rather they forego the big name star and spend the extra money on a battle scene or two, personally.

I'm thinking it is likely we are going to get at least one reasonably known star.

Given GRRM has said that he is writing the Blackwater episode, I have to assume we are going to see that battle. Given they don't have as much start-up costs in S2, they might have a bit more to spend on that battle.

Id like to see Marion Cottilard as Melissandre :) not sure if I spelled her last name right. I was rewatching "Inception" and thought the actress that plays Mal would be awesome.

PS: Maybe Its just because id like to see her ummm "attributes" on display ;)

Id like to see Marion Cottilard as Melissandre :) not sure if I spelled her last name right. I was rewatching "Inception" and thought the actress that plays Mal would be awesome.

PS: Maybe Its just because id like to see her ummm "attributes" on display ;)

If I they chose Marion Cotillard as Melisandre I quit the show... she's way too annoying for my liking (for yours as well if you were french, she's fuckin' everywhere... and frankly she can't act her way out of a shoe box). If frenchness is needed, take Eva Green, she'd be perfect for the role!

I want Eva Green to play Melisandre. The way she plays Morgan in Camelot kind of gives me a Melisandre vibe. The way she handles magic in it, she could do very well in GoT.

you must be watching a different camelot to me, absolutely appaling. really really disapointed with eva green's performance.

and apart from anything else there is no way she would play a similar role in 2 'rival' programs.

I thought Camelot was coming back for a second season? That would rule her out automatically, as the two shows will be filming simultaneously (unless she dies in the final episode; only seen up to the second episode but I'm not going to last the season if it doesn't radically improve soon).

Archived