Season 2 Casting News Soon

Westeros

Could be Emilia Fox, Morgan sister on Merlin? or the actress playing Nimue, don't recall her name...

Emilia Fox plays Morgause not Nimue.

Can't be Anthony Head because he's starting a new show and Katie is still very busy with Merlin.

Could be Emilia Fox, Morgan sister on Merlin? or the actress playing Nimue, don't recall her name...

Michelle Ryan. She's smoking hot, and I could see her playing Melisandre. No idea how her acting chops are, cause every character on that BBC show ranks of cheese.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0752740/

Also, regarding which is the Camelot alum, I'm almost positive it'll be James Purefoy. Not only has he gushed in interviews about GoT, but has this recent quote from 2 days ago:

Capone: What else do you have coming up aside from JOHN CARTER?

JP: Aside from JOHN CARTER, the only thing is the thing I’m doing at the moment, we are doing a big cycle of history plays for the BBC of the Shakespeare history plays, but the other thing I can’t talk about, because we are right slap bang in the middle of negotiations, and I don’t want to queer the pitch just in case it doesn’t come off.

Plus, **CAMELOT SPOILERS, LOL, READ TO AVOID WASTING TIME ON THAT SHOW**...his character, King Lot, dies in Camelot early on, so he was free to audition for new roles before the news of Camelot being cancelled surfaced.

Anthony Head for Roose Bolton, perhaps? 'cause that would be good...

I think he could work as Balon Greyjoy as well, he's not in all that many episodes so he might be able to fit it in around his current filming commitments. If it was a few years ago he could maybe have made a good Stannis as well (his portrayal of Uther Pendragon on Merlin isn't too far away from Stannis) but he's too old for that role now.

I can't really think of many other actors from the main cast of Merlin who would be suited for major uncast roles in Clash of Kings. Katie McGrath would be about the right age for Asha, but I'm not sure she'd be right for the role.

As for the Camelot actors, I agree that Purefoy seems a likely choice. Fortunately, I don't think there are any major roles that would be suitable for Jamie Campbell Bower.

That's not very nice. But I don't know how it can matter even if true. Why can't Osha have a strange quirk? She is not supposed to be a challenger for Miss Westeros.

I'd be very surprised if Fiennes or Green ended up in GoT. But plenty other Camelot actors.

Osha? The actor being disparaged is playing Margaery, and if the Westerosi tabloids are to be believed she IS Miss Westeros in perpetuity.

James Purefoy from Camelot would be the only other actor (from the Camelot shows I've seen) who i would like to see on GoT. JCB might be a good actor, but not in Camelot. The only role I see him in is Loras, and he's taken. I suppose he could be Anguay.

James Purefoy could be a good Xaro Xhoan Daxos.

Osha? The actor being disparaged is playing Margaery, and if the Westerosi tabloids are to be believed she IS Miss Westeros in perpetuity.

Heh. I can't read apparently. :)

You are never going to find somebody who everyone agrees is beautiful, so I really shouldn't have got involved in this. Dormer seems fine.

Dormer seems fine.

I'd do her.

Actually I wouldn't because I'm not a man-ho, but from a hawtness perspective she's fine.

I just wonder whether they are going to age up Margaery beyond all recogniton, or they are going to try to pass off Dormer as being in her late teens (which I think the audience would struggle to buy). Either way I'm not a fan of the casting choice.

I'd rather see her as Taena Merryweather. Given how her and Cersei's relationship goes I'd be looking forward to those scenes in season 4/5. :drool:

He'd also make a pretty good Qhorin Halhhand, or King Beyond the Wall for that matter. ASOIAF is full of characters that Purefoy would own.

True enough. Though for some reason I want to see him put the moves on Dany and be slapped down like the lecherous dog he is.

Qhorin (honourable and celibate) would be somewhat casting him against type, which would be good for broadening his recent character horizons.

Of course, there's also other shows that could be classified as "Camelot" but not the Starz version.

Might be Eric Idle (or someone else from Spamalot), might be Sam Neill, Isabella Rosellini, Rutger Hauer, Miranda Richardson or Helena Bonham Carter for example from the BBC's earlier (and better, film version of) "Merlin".

As for Jamie whatsisface from Potter/Twighlight/Camelot - he'd have been pretty good as Loras - almost written for him; so maybe he'll be considered for Garlan.

Still, it'll be Purefoy as either Rayder or Davos, I'd have thought

ETA - nerd dream. an auditions cast off for Roose Bolton between Hauer and Neill? followed by Rosellini for Melissandre

Purefoy would make a good Oberyn Martell. But that guy doesn't really show up until ASOS so I'm not really sure what character he could be in ACOK...besides some side character from the East.

PLEEEEEEEEZE....anybody but Jaime Campbell Bower! I think the guy single handedly was the cause of Camelot being cancelled! (amongst other atrocities that contributed!).

I don't think he's been cast, I can't think of a role for him from the second book. Maaayybeee Jojen Reed, but somehow I doubt it.

Was he really that bad it Camelot? I've never watched it, it's propably never going to air in Germany :D

I've only seen him in Harry Potter 7.1 and that wasn't really acting. He just had to stand there and look :D

Everyone seems to be going nuts over the idea of Purefoy for the Red Viper, but given his comments in interviews it is highly likely that he is the "Camelot" alum, and Red Viper realistically isn't going to be cast for Season 2.

So the options are Stannis (unlikely, no-one is going to believe that Cersei says she would have better luck seducing his horse if Purefoy is Stannis), Mance (maybe, but not really a big part?), Davos (seems like the best option by process of elimination).

Everyone seems to be going nuts over the idea of Purefoy for the Red Viper, but given his comments in interviews it is highly likely that he is the "Camelot" alum, and Red Viper realistically isn't going to be cast for Season 2.

So the options are Stannis (unlikely, no-one is going to believe that Cersei says she would have better luck seducing his horse if Purefoy is Stannis), Mance (maybe, but not really a big part?), Davos (seems like the best option by process of elimination).

Or Qhorin Halfhand. Qhorin doesn't arrive in CoK until pretty late, but that could easily be remedied in the show. If I recall, the reason he was delayed from meeting up with the rest of the Night's Watch was some wildling attack or other, and that "delay" can just be cut out. Allows Qhorin to be more developed by the time Jon has to do his deed.

If it's Purefoy I just can't see him playing a role where he doesn't get it on. So I'm thinking Mance Rayder, or Stannis. Davos gets no sex and neither does Qhorin. Stannis does get it on with Mel, though we never see it in the book, but I'm sure they can write a scene especially for that. Same with Mance.

True enough. Though for some reason I want to see him put the moves on Dany and be slapped down like the lecherous dog he is.

Xaro is gay (or it is stongly hinted that he is), plus i've always imagined him to be a rather fat and soft guy, so I don't think Purefoy would fit... ;)

Davos, on the other hand...

Purefoy could make Davos interesting! :P

So, we've all been speculating on who they might be pulling in from Camelot, but what about the mysterious "other merlin show"? A few have speculated it's the Merlin tv show, and that could be, but what if it's the Clive Owen starring King Arthur.

Well, a long shot would be Owen himself, I could see him playing Stannis, or even Davos.

Ioan Gruffud would make a good Edmure Tully, or maybe even Stannis. Similarly Hugh Dancy could be a good Edmure.

Mads Mikkelsen actually looks like Stannis to me

And another long shot but I'd love to see Ray Winstone somehow. Maybe as Roose Bolton or something.

So, we've all been speculating on who they might be pulling in from Camelot, but what about the mysterious "other merlin show"? A few have speculated it's the Merlin tv show, and that could be, but what if it's the Clive Owen starring King Arthur.

Well, a long shot would be Owen himself, I could see him playing Stannis, or even Davos.

Ioan Gruffud would make a good Edmure Tully, or maybe even Stannis. Similarly Hugh Dancy could be a good Edmure.

Mads Mikkelsen actually looks like Stannis to me

And another long shot but I'd love to see Ray Winstone somehow. Maybe as Roose Bolton or something.

The problem is that the "other" Merlin show is not the movie with Clive Owen. It's the tv show with Bradley James, Angel Coulby and Anthony Head. I don't really see who's gonna come in Game of Thrones because they're still very busy filming Merlin in England and they have to return filming in France. Unless they cast a guest or someone with a minor role.

Archived