Season 2 Casting News Soon

Westeros

Do we know for certain that it was that specific 'Merlin'? I thought Standen just said another 'Camelot' but not the show I am on. I think that opens it up quite a bit. Unless he specifically said Merlin.

He said "camelot" so it's pretty wide. Although some older Camelot references may not have been particularly known to him - so it could be something relatively recent.

The problem is that the "other" Merlin show is not the movie with Clive Owen. It's the tv show with Bradley James, Angel Coulby and Anthony Head. I don't really see who's gonna come in Game of Thrones because they're still very busy filming Merlin in England and they have to return filming in France. Unless they cast a guest or someone with a minor role.

Merlin films around February or March-July of each year, whilst GoT films in July-December. So there is no conflict there.

Merlin films around February or March-July of each year, whilst GoT films in July-December. So there is no conflict there.

Merlin also film in September...They're back to France around that time. I know because I live there and they're supposed to come back to Pierrefonds.

Merlin also film in September...They're back to France around that time. I know because I live there and they're supposed to come back to Pierrefonds.

That's curious, as the show starts airing in September or October. Even if it's just reshoots on the last couple of episodes, that's still pretty tight. Unless Merlin this year is going to be pushed back until after Doctor Who Season 6.5, which is possible.

Maybe the other Merlin show is someone from Flash Forward, another defunct series with Joseph Fiennes :P

EDIT: Jack Davenport was in Flash Forward, is british and already played a captain in Pirates of the Caribbean.

He would be awesome as Davos.

jack-davenport-4.jpg

Xaro is gay (or it is stongly hinted that he is), plus i've always imagined him to be a rather fat and soft guy, so I don't think Purefoy would fit... ;)

Davos, on the other hand...

Purefoy could make Davos interesting! :P

If The Rock can play gay then so can Purefoy, even gay playing faux straight. :laugh:

So, we've all been speculating on who they might be pulling in from Camelot, but what about the mysterious "other merlin show"? A few have speculated it's the Merlin tv show, and that could be, but what if it's the Clive Owen starring King Arthur.

Well, a long shot would be Owen himself, I could see him playing Stannis, or even Davos.

Ioan Gruffud would make a good Edmure Tully, or maybe even Stannis. Similarly Hugh Dancy could be a good Edmure.

Mads Mikkelsen actually looks like Stannis to me

And another long shot but I'd love to see Ray Winstone somehow. Maybe as Roose Bolton or something.

Ray Winstone was who I pictured when I thought of Sandor Clegone.

Now Wikipedia is saying that Amy Acker has been cast for Yara Greyjoy.

Of course, scrolling through her IMDB yields nothing to back this up and does display that she was on some show called Fire & Ice so is it some kinda lame joke? Also, she was on How I met Your Mother billed under the name, Amy Rivers!!!

Could she pull it off? I'm not familiar with her work...maybe the Wishbone episodes...

Were she a British Equity actor, there'd be a large pinch of salt.

She isn't, and there are already firmer rumours for that part; so at least one stack of salt to be taken with that.

Oh, even her own Wiki page doesn't mention Thrones at all.

Archived