[Book Spoliers] Will we be spoiled?

johnnysd

There has been a good amount of discussion about whether the Tower of Joy scene will be in the show as it is critical to R+L=J (which I believe. But going on Book 5 Jon's parentage has still not be definitively revealed.

But the show has made a pretty big deal of it, and the non-reade/non-spoiler forums I have read are rife with speculation on it.

In the TV series, I doubt they will go 4 or 5 more years before answering this question. It occurred to me that they may skip the Tower of Joy and instead show a scene that specifically details Jon's story thus in a way "spoiling" the book readers.

Also the bodies were arranged in episode 1 and there might be some significance to that as well that is revealed.

We now know definitively that Arya overheard Varys and Illyrio in the dungeons. I don't think that was ever explicitly revealed in the books, just strongly hinted. Not sure if that really counts as a spoiler though.

This seems the best place to put this: I personally gasped out loud and was fully expecting the fan sites to share my excitement over the (hint? spoiler?) thrown out by Syrio that really strongly adds to the case that he is Jaqen. I felt the entire speech about "Death is the one god" and coaching Arya to essentially forget herself to fight better was a giant red siren marked "fan service". Especially considering it's popular theory that has never had anything too concrete to back it up.

If this is an early hint to a reveal that comes later in the books, I'm completely fine with it. It was vague and at best winked at a small percentage of hardcore readers. I don't mind spoilers like that.

We now know definitively that Arya overheard Varys and Illyrio in the dungeons. I don't think that was ever explicitly revealed in the books, just strongly hinted. Not sure if that really counts as a spoiler though.

While there wasn't anything that said "Illyrio & Varys were here", the descriptions of the two people in that discussion match exactly to what we know of Illyrio and Varys disguise as Rugen.

I do not think any of the mysteries that make the book series up will be revealed before we get the answer in the books - there may be other things we get that are not in the books though.

Archived