[Book Spoilers] EP106 Discussion

Ran

Great episode.

We have Time Warner, who don't offer HBO Go either. :(

I just slapped my cable guy in protest. His response was, "We're getting it really soon."

I replied, "Really soon is not tonight."

A great episode, I'm off to watch the next one now (if the damned site ever loads), but just a few remarks first.

- What is the point of Roz?

- Love that they kept in the fact that Sansa leads Ned to figure it out.

- Glad to finally see the make-up scene between Sansa and Joffrey, and to see Sansa begging to stay with Joffrey, it means they haven't changed her storyline.

- The absence of the direwolves has become way too noticeable. They should have been with them in the woods. I liked seeing Robb kick some ass, but still Summer should have ripped out the throats of the Wildlings.

- Osha seems spot on, from what we've seen. I was worried about the actress when I first heard, but she is great so far.

- Once again Viserys was spot-on. Every scene he was in was excellent.

Overall, great episode. Not as good as last week's though, but still amazing. And the next one should only be better.

A great episode, I'm off to watch the next one now (if the damned site ever loads), but just a few remarks first.

- What is the point of Roz?

- Love that they kept in the fact that Sansa leads Ned to figure it out.

- Glad to finally see the make-up scene between Sansa and Joffrey, and to see Sansa begging to stay with Joffrey, it means they haven't changed her storyline.

- The absence of the direwolves has become way too noticeable. They should have been with them in the woods. I liked seeing Robb kick some ass, but still Summer should have ripped out the throats of the Wildlings.

- Osha seems spot on, from what we've seen. I was worried about the actress when I first heard, but she is great so far.

- Once again Viserys was spot-on. Every scene he was in was excellent.

Overall, great episode. Not as good as last week's though, but still amazing. And the next one should only be better.

Great points. The direwolves were so prominent in the book that it's sorta weird that they've been almost forgotten for the past few episodes.

I was expecting Osha to be a little more imposing. In the book I got the picture of a lanky yet toned warrior. Here she looked rather short and unimposing. Still a great episode. Wish Time Warner authorized HBO Go.

Lloyd will definitely be missed. He took one of the worst characters in the book and completely reimagined the way I see him. I feel like if I picked up the book now, because of him, I would enjoy the Dothraki scenes more than I did the first time around. One thing I haven't seen talke about much is how much better the TV show is doing of uniting the Dothraki Westeros storyline that is done in the book where early on they felt way too much like too sepearate books.

I disagree with that - I knew they should have been there but didn't even think about them not showing up. Not having them in there is making a more human story than a magical wolf interposing intself. Don't get me wrong, I loved how the wolves and the kids bonded in the books, but not having them in the TV series a lot up to this point, just gotten used to it.

I was expecting Osha to be a little more imposing. In the book I got the picture of a lanky yet toned warrior. Here she looked rather short and unimposing. Still a great episode. Wish Time Warner authorized HBO Go.

I remembered her being short.

Great, great episode, though!

Oh, I like this episode the best! What fabulous acting. Got to be some Emmy's here!

RIP 'Harry Lloyd'!! We'll miss you terribly. You were great!

Gah - no wonder everyone likes Sean Bean so much. He is one helluva actor, is he not?!

The Roz scene confused me but I trust D&D to have had a good reason....

Jane '----' was the producer of this episode? I LIKE her work!!

9/10 (saving my 10's with fingers X'd)

Gah - no wonder everyone likes Sean Bean so much. He is one helluva actor, is he not?!

Oh yes! Forgot to mention previously: Ned sitting in for Robert and dishing out some true justice was absolutely epic.

At this point, the wolves have been so absent I don't even notice anymore. Which is kinda sad.

I thought it was a superb episode! Could not WAIT for Viserys to get his fucking crown (although I must say, no wayyy in hell gold melts that fast over that little fire). Love Syrio, love Arya. Love to hate Sansa. So many great little glances between characters. Love love love!

But of course there are always nit picks. Like I said, the melting gold really stretched credulity. Also did not like Dany being completely immune to fire. I thought that was just the specialness of the weird blood magic dragon birthing. And she seemed a little psycho when she watched Viserys die--but I'm not a Dany fan in the books so it's probably only natural I don't really like her in the show. :)

I actually liked the random Theon/Roz scene, but it did puzzle me. Why is Roz suddenly a major character? Why did we ignore Theon for 3 episodes just to add in more time that doesn't really add anything? Just seems like weird choices to make, and perhaps confusing for the non-reader who expects Roz to, you know, matter.

The horse heart was fantastically gross!

I disagree with that - I knew they should have been there but didn't even think about them not showing up. Not having them in there is making a more human story than a magical wolf interposing intself. Don't get me wrong, I loved how the wolves and the kids bonded in the books, but not having them in the TV series a lot up to this point, just gotten used to it.

Agreed.

There's only certain scenes that need a direwolf: Nymeria attacking Joffrey, Ghost threatening Rast, Summer ripping the throat out of the assassin and we've had it. While it'd be nice to be 100% accurate in all these other scenes, they're not an essential. Feel the same way about Rickon. Would be nice to see him but in no way is essential to the story to this point.

My stupid cable company (some shitty local place that is my only option) doesn't have HBO GO. :( Although given my first day of class is in the morning, that's probably actually a good thing!

Oh yes! Forgot to mention previously: Ned sitting in for Robert and dishing out some true justice was absolutely epic.

That was definitely a hightlight. Too bad Ned couldn't have sat in on Robert & Cersei's conversation in the last episode. He should know that the Baratheon/ Lannister marriage is what's holding the realm together.

Ned just sat up there and pronounced justice the way a king or lord should and all the people there so totally WTF/OMG/Did he just????

Archived