How Would You Rate Episode 106?

Ran

260 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

My first ten so far. Favorite episode yet.

The Theon/Roz scene felt unnecessary, but it was so short that it didn't matter.

My only minor complaint is how Sansa was ridiculously mean to Septa Mordane and asked questions she should likely know the answer to if she was raised by the woman all her life. But I guess the South attitude and being betrothed to a prince is making her cocky.

I will have to do a re-watch, but Monday morning employment prevents me from doing so this evening. So these musings are first impressions one shots.

I thought it was... for lack of a better word... awesomesauce.

Ned had me pulling at my hair and tugging at my heartstrings. Tyrion was badass as usual (see: my avatar) Was really pleased with that whole scene at the Eyrie. But the events in Vaes Dothrak stole this week for me. Dany was just... splendid. She is becoming so strong and creepy all at the same time. I loooove it. I would go into more detail but I don't want to spoil anyone.

The one bug I had about this was the fact that we didn't venture to the Wall. I understand why, this ep. was already jam packed, but I stilled missed it. Based on the previews, I am certain we will see more of Jon, Sam and the others next week (I am not an HBOGO lady).

Solid 9 for me. Bravo.

My first 10. No wasted time. I could go on and on but I am sure everyone else will. Flew by. Great set ups for everyone, Renly, Mormont, Daenerys, Tyrion, Roz (guess she will morph into Tyrion whore to consolidate characters). A little bit of a "House TV" moment when Ned figures it all out from his kids but OMG, OMG, OMG.

My first 10. No wasted time. I could go on and on but I am sure everyone else will. Flew by. Great set ups for everyone, Renly, Mormont, Daenerys, Tyrion, Roz (guess she will morph into Tyrion whore to consolidate characters). A little bit of a "House TV" moment when Ned figures it all out from his kids but OMG, OMG, OMG.

Shae has been casted.

Liked the episode, but the "hunting" scene featuring Big Rob, Renly, Ser Barristan, and Lancel.. WALKING in the woods was just ridiculous. Even if he isn't gone for days (weeks?) like in the book. I have a hard time believing Robert would walk anywhere for any decent length of time. He'd be sucking air before he found anything to stick his lance into, and how long will that tiny wineskin last? Would it really have been so hard to at least put them on horses? or at least start them off near some horses (or a small camp) and walk into the bush. Apparently it was, so what we get is 4 guys walking through the forest in their court clothes not hunting.

I get that he doesn't have 20+ people following him everywhere when he is in the Red Keep, but when he leaves the castle, he needs an entourage. I'd admit it's a petty complaint if it wasn't done so well in a previous episode (ep2). When Robert and Ned took a break while on the Kingsroad to sit, eat, and shoot the shit. They had a much larger (and much more believable) entourage. That's about as much privacy a King gets when outside of his castle/keep.

That scene needed some horses, some banners, a few servants hauling camp gear/supplies, a kennel master, and some barking dogs to flush out the boars. Yeah that one scene just went up in price significantly. I know. Don't look at me like that. They are the ones who set the bar in episode 2, not me.

I'll give them a pass on the wildling encounter, where a bit more entourage would have been nice to see also. As I expected, Summer and Grey Wind were no-shows. I get it, it's hard to get animals to do passable fight choreography. I'll let others complain about it, as they've been doing since the start of the show.

Aside from that, I liked the episode.

Episode 5 was still better IMO.

Edited by Bowl o' Brown

Robert doesn't actually hunt, he is just there to kill something.

Robert stays on horse drinking and complaining while the hunters they brought along find the boar's den (hole in the ground), and flush them out with dogs. The king only shows up to kill it when they have one cornered. That's what I remember reading at least.

Edited by Bowl o' Brown

Liked the episode, but the "hunting" scene featuring Big Rob, Renly, Ser Barristan, and Lancel.. WALKING in the woods was just ridiculous. Even if he isn't gone for days (weeks?) like in the book. I have a hard time believing Robert would walk anywhere for any decent length of time. He'd be sucking air before he found anything to stick his lance into, and how long will that tiny wineskin last? Would it really have been so hard to at least put them on horses? or at least start them off near some horses (or a small camp) and walk into the bush. Apparently it was, so what we get is 4 guys walking through the forest in their court clothes not hunting.

Agree about the hunt, but this was definitely my favorite episode so far.

Okay, maybe Chataya or Alayaya? Saves introducing new character and also Tyrion already knows and probably "trusts" Ros.

That is what I am thinking now too. There is no other logical explanation to have her meet Tyrion previously and then go to King's Landing.

An Eight

Any episode without Dire wolves receives an automatic one point deduction if the Direwolf's played a pivotal role in the scene and this week there were two wildings which could have been eaten by Dire wolves but were not. There lack was missed because we got to saw one eat one already.

Half a point point deduction was for Ros because that entire episode was very Why is this here? The other half a point lost because Theon and Rob once again have a heart to heart but act like assholes to each other not the good friends as described, considering how Theon is treated in the show to date I don't know why he's fallen into the Stark lacky role... it makes no sense when everyone treats him like shit.

Every other episode felt required, needed or was just awesome, could have used a little more Mord but what I got was excellent.

8+. Didn't like the hunt scene, every scene Sansa is in still sucks, Ros (as good as she is) is getting WAY too much screen time, and again...no direwolves! But, Viserys' coronation and the Bronn-Egan battle were even more awesome than how I pictured it in the book. Everything else was pretty good to great.

Great ep. Gave it a 9. One of the best so far. Tyrion is just nailing it. Was a good Ned ep too.

Oh and really enjoyed Theon. Actually, my bad-ass award goes to him for bullseye-ing the wildling.

This was also the first ep (besides the pilot) where I really enjoyed the Dany scenes. That closing scene with Viserys getting his golden crown was tense and well done.

I loved it! I didn't mind the missing direwolves as the scene ran well without them. Also, any episode with Syrio is a win! There was no wasted time, or scenes where I was left scratching my head. Ok, Roz & Theon but as someone already said, it was short. I'm not completely pleased with the series relationship between Rob & Theon. My understanding from the books was that they were friends and that Rob trusted Theon (else wise, why would he send him where he did later). My take was that Theon was treated fairly and equally with the "trueborn" Stark children. That's a minor criticism and it didn't decrease the value of the episode for me. The high points were so high.

I'm going to miss Harry Lloyd but that ending was excellent!

Edited by Ghost Cat