[BOOK SPOILERS] Is the show being heavy-handed?

Anomandaris86

Pycelle being revealed to frequent the use of whores hints to how much more physically capable he is, and further stresses that his feebleness is an act.

I agree that it shows his hidden physical capability.

On a side note, why quote me if you are going to replace my post with "snip"? Please don't misquote me - just use the reply box at the bottom of the thread.

I watched the show first so obviously I missed a lot of things. Don't know if it was mentioned but (ASoS spoilers ahead)

a rewatch of one of the episodes went a little like this. One of the Dothraki: "Khaleesi is pregnant". Jorah: *grim expression* "I have to write a letter". Come on, could you be an eensy bit subtler?

On the other hand, I do remember what it was like to watch the show for the first time, and I had NO idea what was going on with anyone less important than Dany, the Starks, or the Lannisters. In the show, I didn't even know who that guy was who chatted with Ned in the dungeon. If someone had told me, "It's Varys, the Spider," I would have responded, "Who the hell is Varys?" While readers know exactly what's happening from our previous experiences with the books, heavy handedness is the only way to get certain points across about characters that are hard to even recall the names of in the show.

I watched the show first so obviously I missed a lot of things. Don't know if it was mentioned but (ASoS spoilers ahead)

a rewatch of one of the episodes went a little like this. One of the Dothraki: "Khaleesi is pregnant". Jorah: *grim expression* "I have to write a letter". Come on, could you be an eensy bit subtler?

He said he had to ride to Qohor which is a little more enigmatic and to the casual viewer suggests he is delivering the news there.

• 2 years later...

Archived