GoT most 'powerful' show on TV

Arya The Assassin

The Hollywood Reporter has published their power rankings for the week ending May 22, and GoT is numero uno on their list (I wanted to post this in the news-section, but non-admins do not have privileges to create new threads):

Returning to its familiar position at No. 1, Game of Thrones has, after six episodes, solidly backed the hype about its quality from the start. This episode was one of the finest, and not because of the gold crown fitted so snugly for that whiny Viserys (good riddance), but because the stakes have been upped dramatically. There's war on everyone's lips, and the House of Stark is more than just a tiny bit pissed about the House of Lannister. There are secrets about to spill as well. But most important is that after six episodes, there hasn't been a lag in the high-end quality of this series. The writing has been fantastic and the acting as well. The genre might be holding back some viewers, but if that's the case, they've made a terrible mistake in judgment. Game of Thrones shows no sign of weakness.

Source:

The Power Rankings! Returns a King to His Throne. Plus, Crying at Endings

The Hollywood Reporter ranked GOT number one for the week ending May 29th:

"I told you not to trust me." Well, sure, but who knew it would be so inconvenient? Then again, you win or you die in the Game of Thrones. While it's doubtful that Ned Stark is dead, the twist that Petyr (maybe his nickname "Littlefinger" is a better way to address him) plotted could turn things bloody. Can't wait. Good night to King Robert (and I'll really miss Mark Addy's wonderful performance). Good morning King Joffrey? Ugh. In any case, Game of Thrones continues to be as rich and rewarding as anyone could have hoped for (note: this from someone who hasn't read the books), and each passing hour toward season's end feels depressing. This is a series to be devoured, and suddenly it seems like the season is regrettably short.

Source:

The Power Rankings! And Then There Were Six

This blog seems very biased, but I suppose good press is better than no press.

Yes, it's basically good press because THR is the biggest publication in the movie industry (alongside Variety). Even GRRM and the official Twitter account for GOT mentioned the article.

Oh I was all excited thinking this might be some sort of objective measure. But it's just one critic's weekly review gimmick to increase readership.

Yes, but the critic is writing for The Hollywood Reporter :)

Archived