[Book Spoilers] Preview is up on HBO's site.

Bowl o' Brown

Or he could have disarmed Syrio, or he could have surrendered, or anything really.

Or he's the Faceless Man. I know that the theory has been practically debunked by some posters, but it was what I thought of when reading aCoK, and in my mind there's still that possibility.

EDIT: And, of course, GRRM likes killing characters in gruesome ways. Would Syrio's death really be left open like this?

Kind of defeats the whole "the first sword of Braavos does not run" line and position, but sure, lots of stuff could have happened. Among that stuff is one of Meryn and co. sticking Syrio, who was unarmed at the time.

GRRM kills lots of people off screen, so who knows? I'd like to think Syrio is alive, I just happen to doubt it.

Kind of defeats the whole "the first sword of Braavos does not run"

I could imagine Syrio saying something like "I did not run! I escaped! I glided into retreat for that day was not the day to die!"

lol, well something like that. I'm sure GRRM could make it sound cool.

GRRM kills lots of people off screen, so who knows? I'd like to think Syrio is alive, I just happen to doubt it.

yeah I agree. I assume he's dead until proven otherwise. It'll be cruel of GRRM if on the t.v the scene ends exactly the same way. It probably will though, Syrio will take out a few guards.... Ser Meryn sighs and lowers his viser. Cut scene.

I'm convinced most authors get some kind of perverse pleasure out of leaving little mysteries like this unsolved. So then their fans are left wandering and debating it forever. :devil:

(Correct me if I'm wrong.) Ser Barristan's dismissal. We only heard of it second hand after the fact IIRC. I'm really looking forward, excited even, to see how it goes down.. especially since GRRM is the screenwriter for this episode. All I remember is that he cuts his way through some gold cloaks to freedom and flees KL heading south. He is a living legend, I hope they get that across. Hopefully it will at least be as impressive as the fight on the eastern road where Bronn cuts down 4 hillmen with relative ease.

(Correct me if I'm wrong.) Ser Barristan's dismissal. We only heard of it second hand after the fact IIRC. I'm really looking forward, excited even, to see how it goes down.. especially since GRRM is the screenwriter for this episode. All I remember is that he cuts his way through some gold cloaks to freedom and flees KL heading south. He is a living legend, I hope they get that across. Hopefully it will at least be as impressive as the fight on the eastern road where Bronn cuts down 4 hillmen with relative ease.

Nope, Sansa's POV. She sees the new Small Council take office, Barristan's deposition and the Hound's instalment as his replacement. It's the scene in which she begs for mercy for her father.

They need the 70 mins for the 10 minute sex scene between Ros and a direwolf (apparently there haven't been enough scenes with direwolves) whilst LF tells us what happens at the end of the series (he is the Great Other and has been manipulating the worlds of men in the form of a different small lord every generation and will set up Sansa as a puppet on the throne to rule with a Queensguard of uber-Others. He is also Melisandre) ;)

Looks like plenty of Hound in this one... do you think they'll put the 'true knight' spiel from the tourney feast in here? It's seeming like a pretty packed episode. Keen! :D

They need the 70 mins for the 10 minute sex scene between Ros and a direwolf (apparently there haven't been enough scenes with direwolves) whilst LF tells us what happens at the end of the series (he is the Great Other and has been manipulating the worlds of men in the form of a different small lord every generation and will set up Sansa as a puppet on the throne to rule with a Queensguard of uber-Others. He is also Melisandre) ;)

Post of the day by far.

If I were drawing it up, I'd have Jon riding off into the night as the cliffhanger ending for the Wall setting in Episode 9. The Wall setting in Episode 10 would begin with his friends catching up with him and bringing him back. Probably cut to another setting, and save the last scene for the following sequence:

- Tyrion, told he will be appointed Hand of the King and is going to King's Landing, and taking Shae with him

- Jon, informed they will be ranging in force north of the Wall

- Robb, King in the North

- Dragons

Seriously, that's an amazing finish. I can't wait to see it, however they end up organizing it.

I got chills reading this. This is a perfect idea, hopefully it'll end up similar to how you say.

Archived