[Book Spoilers] Preview is up on HBO's site.

Bowl o' Brown

Nope, Sansa's POV. She sees the new Small Council take office, Barristan's deposition and the Hound's instalment as his replacement. It's the scene in which she begs for mercy for her father.

Ah, that's right. Thanks.

We see his dismissal, but the killing of gold cloaks is not seen, only mentioned afterwards.

That must be what threw me off.

I wonder if they are going to combine them into one scene like it had in my head. It would be a good opportunity to have Ser Barristan show what he can do. :fencing: I had forgotten about Sandor joining the KG at this time. The scene might just be the 4 KGs drawing their swords to welcome Sandor into the KG order, and its just clever trailer editing, and jump cuts, that makes it look like its fight footage.

I had forgotten about Sandor joining the KG at this time.

I love that exchange of dialogue from the books:

"I'll join the Kingsguard, but I'll take no knights' vows."

"But...members of the Kingsguard have always been knights."

"Until now."

Hope they keep that.

The scene might just be the 4 KGs drawing their swords to welcome Sandor into the KG order, and its just clever trailer editing, and jump cuts, that makes it look like its fight footage.

Nope, the Hound is in the background grinning to himself when the KG draw, but I think that's Barristan facing them all on the right-hand side of the screen. They could just be threatening him, not getting stuck into a melée.

Hello all, first post here. greetings from Canberra, Australia.

More hound - yes. NMH.

Syrio, totally raising a bravvos army to flank Dany.

Jon and Ghost need more time on screen. Ros should accommodate.

Barristan will get his back. Some day.

Go Varys!

Littlefinger, you were way cooler and capable as the mayor of Baltimore.

Most excellent series.

Carry on.

What ever happened to that scene from one of the early trailers that had Ned with a rope around his neck in front of the Iron Throne? And people were speculating that maybe it was supposed to be Brandon and they were showing his murder, or that maybe Ned was dreaming of that incident with himself in Brandon's place.

Did that footage get clipped? Or is that going to work its way into one of these next episodes somehow?

You can see Selmy's head moving into the bottom right of the screen just before the edit, it's definitely his dismissal scene. Hopefully we get bad-ass Barristan slaying gold cloaks left right and centre on his way out.

It would be freaking awesome if his action scene was right there when he was dismissed and he slayed ALL guards present in the room and just left.

If I were drawing it up, I'd have Jon riding off into the night as the cliffhanger ending for the Wall setting in Episode 9. The Wall setting in Episode 10 would begin with his friends catching up with him and bringing him back. Probably cut to another setting, and save the last scene for the following sequence:

- Tyrion, told he will be appointed Hand of the King and is going to King's Landing, and taking Shae with him

- Jon, informed they will be ranging in force north of the Wall

- Robb, King in the North

- Dragons

Seriously, that's an amazing finish. I can't wait to see it, however they end up organizing it.

I don't think that can be the cliffhanger ending for the Wall setting. Jon only rides off when he finds out Ned has been executed, and I'm positive Ned's execution will be the last scene of the episode.

I don't think that can be the cliffhanger ending for the Wall setting. Jon only rides off when he finds out Ned has been executed, and I'm positive Ned's execution will be the last scene of the episode.

I bet it ends with Yoren cutting Arya's hair, then the camera pans up to take in Sansa sobbing on her knees, Joffrey generally being a massive dickface, and Cersei/Varys/Littlefinger looking worried. Then on up to the sky and credits :D

At the very least, even if Syrio wasn't able to harm Meryn due to his armor, he should at least just be capable of dodging his attacks, don't you think? I think he just bought time for Arya, and then escaped.

"The First Sword of Braavos does not run."

:(

Needs More Hound :thumbsup:

I thought it stood for something else, only the originator didn't know whores has a silent W.

So we have 2 factions with, to a certain extent, somewhat converging interests: the NMH and the NMR. Because the first could be realised through achieving the second.

[*]Finally a San+San scene for all you NMH fans. Sandor comes for Sansa, likely to bring her to Cersei.

*bouncing on toes with childish glee*

I love it! Was Septa Mordane telling Sansa to run or was that a voiceover? Regardless, I am really looking forward to Sunday's episode now!

Everything looks great too, looks like the wight attacked at the Wall and little Arya on the run, plus the Lamb People.... I'm looking forward to my husband's reactions; he's heard some of the storyline on audiobook but isn't familiar with everything and its pretty fun to watch some of his reactions.

Unless of course if the theories hold some merit...then he'll probably just purposely leave us in the dark. :smoking:

I feel like if Syrio lived, he would have fled back to Braavos and Arya would have encountered him after spending the entire 4th book there. But then, I also thought she would have had a reunion with Nymeria during the all that time she was in the Riverlands. Regardless, I do hope he takes this chance to at least give us a hint.

Archived